M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Ben was victimized by a cager and went down today. He said he only has minor abrasions and the bike faired through with minor blems. :yikes:

·
Registered
572 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Big Ben was victimized by a cager and went down today. He said he only has minor abrasions and the bike faired through with minor blems. :yikes:
It was last night, and no need to worry, I'm fine and the bike runs great!

Just need to find a doctor surgically remove that damn cell phone from that girl's ear...

I already have some turn signals coming in from someone on here, as well as going to mod the others ;)

Problem solved :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
texas109 said:
holly sh#t ben im glad your ok bro ... 8)

be carefull at night
I'm fine.

I have been careful at night... going to stick more to the back country roads for now...

Pretty sad when a person is parked right next to you at a light, totally looks at you, sees you there, and then proceeds to almost run you over...

Damn cell phones, we need to start providing surgical removal of them, it is a major disease we are faced with and must fight now before it grows out of control!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK , bikes can be fixed or replaced.....

Best advice I ever got with regard to street riding was this:

"Assume everyone is out to kill you" If you do this nothing is unexpected and you are at least somewhat prepared for almost any situation. Bikes leave little room for error , unlike cars that contain you. Wear the best equipment you can afford and follow the above and you can minimize the risks greatly.

Ride on.....

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yeah, I did assume the girl was out to kill me, and my assumption was right... even though she looked right at me, while stopped, it was obvious that somewhere in her brain, a neuron got side tracked, and instead of saying to her "Hey, watch out, you have a bike next to you"... her neuron said "Bla Bla Blah" on the cell phone some more...

It is all good, bike is still running fine, just got a few scratches on her ;)

Now it can be an oil change / mod party if anyone is up for one?

:)

·
Registered
572 Posts
T ROD said:
Hey Ben, I have one of my tank stickers still in tac. I'll pull it out for you, it yours dude.
Sweet Todd, thank you so much bro!

Hope you had a fun day at work, my day after I talked to you was crazy...

Finishing up working on a PC right now, and then calling it a night, have some work early in the morning tomorrow...

Thank you to everyone on here, for making this new rider, feel so at home... you guys are the best!

One day when we all can get together and hang out, I'll be more then happy to buy that round of iced teas or water (no drinking and riding for me or my friends!)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Donation- I have some air in my Air Compressor if ya need it.... :joke:

Seriously though, glad to see you're ok and the bike is now customized! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
ConnRadd said:
Donation- I have some air in my Air Compressor if ya need it.... :joke:

Seriously though, glad to see you're ok and the bike is now customized! :bigthumbsup:
You have seen how big I am... I'm a tough one... would take a lot more to keep me off that bike :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ben give me a call tomorrow and we can try to meet one more time. Wait until 11:30 for you, then got a 2 hour on duty call from the job. When I didn't hear from you at about 10:30 figured you were still in your meeting.

·
Registered
572 Posts
T ROD said:
Ben give me a call tomorrow and we can try to meet one more time. Wait until 11:30 for you, then got a 2 hour on duty call from the job. When I didn't hear from you at about 10:30 figured you were still in your meeting.
Sorry about that, it has been crazy for me the past few days with work... just got done doing some work actually, and heading off to bed... or at least keep TRYING to pull myself off to bed, lol...

Sent you a PM a second ago...

Night world!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't assume they are out to kill me...Dammitt man they are!! and there watching me too. :eek:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I've been out riding for a few times since this happened, put on over 200 miles, and forgot all about it, till I read this post...

I have a few scratches on the bike... but don't care a bit :)

Gotta have some reminder that I'm not up in Heaven cruising around... which is what it feels like taking this bike out ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Glad you did not make the trip to heaven , someone there is watching for sure . be careful and ride safe .

·
Registered
572 Posts
flunky said:
Glad you did not make the trip to heaven , someone there is watching for sure . be careful and ride safe .
Every time I go ride, I actually pray for God to send me a guardian angel that is an adrenaline junky :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad your in good spirit about it all, I remember back in 1964 ridin my Cushman eagle in n. dallas as school was lettin out, as I was crusin down the street some girls were givin me the eye so I looked back to take a better look, smiled and nodded my head feeling good that I caught someones eye, I turned around only to find that a car was stopped in front of me to let a dog cross the road. next thing I knew I was on top of her roof and my bike was at the rear bumper of her car, went from outlaw to crap in a heart beat, oh well it was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Skeerd me when I saw this post back up... I thought another one had went down!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts