M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know who this is? He's leaned over far enough to scrape the pipes. I thought I leaned mine far, but dang. I can't wait to ride the Dragon.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BIGD... said:
That one errors "you are not authorized to view this page"
Interesting. Only other way I know is the "long" way. Go to www.killboy.com and scroll all the way to the bottom. Click the link for October 2006 and then scroll down past the dogs playing with tennis balls and such. He's in the group of photos below that... 15 pics below the dog with the foam frisbee..

G

·
can't get to it :( but I meet a 109 rider up there in Aug and he was going up there all the time, at that time he was scrapping everything!!!! :D if its the same guy I don't think he has to look through the corners he could do the run blind folded judging off light change ;) I'd loved to ride behind him and see what lines and lean he is taking. Maybe next year :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
try this
http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/55/3348/400/02239.jpg

firecat said:
can't get to it :( but I meet a 109 rider up there in Aug and he was going up there all the time, at that time he was scrapping everything!!!! :D if its the same guy I don't think he has to look through the corners he could do the run blind folded judging off light change ;) I'd loved to ride behind him and see what lines and lean he is taking. Maybe next year :D
sorry firecat that pic is not me

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
firecat said:
Sweet Wildwolf I'd ride your lines anyday :D
Oh stop it...I'm blushing. :redfaced:

I wish I had more time to ride the Dragon...that was my first trip so was more cautious the first trip through. I ran a little harder on the way back when I ran ahead of my buddy on the VTX1800. :)

There's a better road, btw, called Devil's Drop in......Chimney Rock?...forget name of the town/road it's on, but can find/post it if anybody's interested.

It climbed a couple/few thousand feet in 5 miles. Not quite as long as the dragon, but for what it did...it was one awesome ride!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Took it upon myself: Devil's Drop, you can find it from roads/pics here:

Bit of a ride from the Dragon..but OH what a fun ride.

G

·
WOW COOL!!!! It looks like he's on the walls, thats it I need to find some twisty roads very cool I'd love to know who that is.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ppridgen1 said:
I think it's his peg not the pipes :bigthumbsup:
The sparks are back awfully far to the rear, but one thing's for sure... If he's dragging his pipes, he's definitely dragging the pegs too. I've hit my pipes a few times, but I would hate to be on the pipes that soon in a corner and not have any more lean left.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts