M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, thats what I said, my 109 jacket is in the shop.. I finally decided to go ahead and have the sleeves on the darn thing fixed right... I was rather suprised to discover that the forearm and elbow armor in this jacket is completely permanent. No way to remove it whatsoever, which made the resizing of the sleeves a bit pricey I must tell you now.

Luckily here in Texas we have some very good leathersmiths, mostly for saddles, boots and tack but they seem to know what they're doing just the same. Total cost of the refit is estimated at 125.00 USD and about a 4 week completion time :eek:

Hope it don't cool off abnormally early or I'll be getting to work with some frosty nipples... :bigthumbsup: :eek: :D

G

·
DaltonH said:
Hope it don't cool off abnormally early or I'll be getting to work with some frosty nipples... :bigthumbsup: :eek: :D
(Beavis Voice) "Heh, heh... heh, heh, heh... You said nipples... heh, heh, heh..." (/Beavis Voice)Â :D

Pricey refit, did you shop for other leathersmiths??? :dontknow:
Â

·
Registered
260 Posts
me 2 think i will just go buy some small dog collars and use them for winter to tighten the sleeves and not use them for summer so air can go up them
Bruce

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
M109R Fan said:
Pricey refit, did you shop for other leathersmiths??? :dontknow:
Yeah, this is apparently a bad time of year for getting leather work done.. Lots of saddles, luggage, boots and the like getting worked on. The biggest part of it was the fact that the sleeves had to be split almost to the elbow on the zipper seam in order to get the taper right. They couldn't do it on the bottom as the armor isn't removable. Guy told me he could get it done sooner, but I leave for another month long trip a couple weeks from now and won't need the jacket till I get back anyway so I told him to take his time and do it right.

And the weather in the places I live and ride is such that you don't wear a jacket like this more than a couple months a year, so there's no need for it to be usable in the summer.. who wants to wear 10lbs of leather when its 120 degrees outside.. ICK!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts