M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it happened. A car wasn't looking, and took me down on a bridge. The 109 slid a long way on it's left side, and I havn't even seen it since the tow truck took it away. I will try to get a picture of it in the next day or so. I was taken away in an ambulance.
Mostly because they were unsure of my injuries and wanted to check me out further at the hospital. Turns out, I have three fairly minor scraps. One on the leg, a tiny one on my hip, and a tiny one on my elbow, along with a badly bruised right foot. I was out of the hospital in 2 hours, and I'm limping along fine. I have to say, THE RIGHT GEAR ROCKS!!! My gear took a beating. The armor on the spine, elbows, and shoulder, were beat up nicely. My boots were ripped, gloves the same. Helmet took it's share as well. Aside from the scraps and bruised foot, I think I came out of it pretty well.
While I havn't seen it yet, I don't think the 109 did though. The fire truck driver found and gave me my license plate back, along with the passenger foot peg, and the end cap to the left grip.
Insurance is covering it all, but knowing how hard it is to get parts, especially in Canada, I was told to expect about 4 weeks before I would see her again. I'm thinking 5 given the progress so far.
Can't wait to get it back, and get back on the road. Not much you can do when someone doesn't look, and leaves you no options. All I can say is ride well, wear the right gear, and if "!$&*$#" happnes, you will likely fair well.
Keep safe guys, see you on the road.

I added 13 pics on Frappr. I linked a few of the good ones.
You will notice the foot peg mount was driven so hard into the engine casing, it poked a hole in it, causing oil to leak out. That's going to cost a bit of coin. I circled it in red.
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photo/2531324
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photo/2531326
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photo/2531325
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photo/2531327
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photo/2531329
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photo/2531330
http://www.frappr.com/m109riders/photo/2531336

·
Registered
572 Posts
Re: 109 in for repairs, so am I...

Wow, glad to hear you are okay bro! People wonder why I gear up so heavily, and it is for reasons like you just mentioned...

Did the car who caused all this mess actually stop at least, or did they do the usual and just keep going? The car who caused my laying my bike down a while back, didn't even bother to stop...

Glad you are safe! She will be back to normal in no time :)

G

·

Glad to hear you came out ok... the bike is a machine made of replaceable parts...

G

·

You lived to tell about it that is the most important thing. Sorry to hear of the incident, but glad your injuries were minor. Sounds like your gear made a huge difference in the possible outcome of your incident. Hope you have a quick and total recovery. Your bike as well.

·
Registered
702 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok and were wearing good protective gear

you'll ber back in the saddle in no time, and with an "new" M to boot :doorag:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

Good to hear you are ok............good luck on a quick fix of your 109

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

GTBozak said:
Glad to hear you're ok and were wearing good protective gear

you'll ber back in the saddle in no time, and with an "new" M to boot :doorag:
Knowing how far I slid, I don't even want to imagine how much skin I would have left on the road without the right gear.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Glad you're okay Bro, and by the sounds of it - it could have been worse. Get well soon!

·
Registered
178 Posts

Dang man, it's always sad to hear about a fellow rider going down. That being said, bikes can be fixed/replaced, that's never as easy to do with your body or your life. Glad to hear you are pretty much physically okay. Just goes to show that one can never know when it is the time that one will need to depend on that safefty gear. I'm certain it made a huge difference in your case.

Too bad about your bike, sure hope the person responsible stopped to render assistance and was appropriately insured.

Hope you're back in the saddle soon. You have my condolescences. :doorag:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

Man glad to hear you are ok. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and hope you get a new bike out of the deal. I really need to get some good riding gear, but with a heat index of 111 like we've been having the past few days, it makes you wanna ride naked... and even then it would just feel like you are naked with someone blowing a heat gun at you. No relief from the heat. The Cortech Air jacket and pants look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts

Glad to hear you're okay. The bike is much easier to fix than the body! Take care.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Medic1210 said:
Man glad to hear you are ok. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and hope you get a new bike out of the deal. I really need to get some good riding gear, but with a heat index of 111 like we've been having the past few days, it makes you wanna ride naked... and even then it would just feel like you are naked with someone blowing a heat gun at you. No relief from the heat. The Cortech Air jacket and pants look pretty sweet.
Thanks to all for the concern.
Medic1210, I hear you about the heat. The temperature here is no where near that, but it does get hot. The jacket I had was mesh, with armor. I think it worked pretty well. Don't let the pheat revent you from wearing the right gear. Sounds like Cortech is what your thinking about. Good luck.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts

Nice to hear you are OK!!!!! :super: :super:

Everything else is can be repaired and replaced but a person can't ! Minor scrapes after all you said is nothing.

You are right, Even in the heat I still MOSTLY wear my leather Jacket and heavy boots and full face helmets!

Hope to see you back soon :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts

Hang in there, bro...and heal.

The bike, as sweet as it is...is just merchandise.

You, on the other hand...are priceless.

LG :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts

Sorry to hear about that, get well soon.

Inattentive cage drivers really piss me off. :realmad:

·
Registered
890 Posts

Mend fast...
Sorry to hear this happened. I don't understand how some people are allowed to drive! Keep after HIS insurance company...looking forward to reading a post of your first trip out soon.

Devilish

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

I'm glad to hear you are ok, but I have to ask.. Was the Cager on the phone, driving a suburban and female by chance?

Anyone involved in an accident while yacking on a cell phone (as a driver) should automatically be considered at fault IMO. Can't believe they haven't outlawed it in more places given all the studies and personal experiences that prove its worse than driving drunk or high.

Ride strong and heal fast bro!

·
Registered
629 Posts

:eek: :eek: I am also really glad you came away with only a few cuts a bruises. Hope everything goes well
with the bike. :bigthumbsup:
Hang in their and get well soon.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts