M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to midnight madness at coastal plains dragway in jacksonville, nc last night and had a blast. only 5 other bikes showed up, all sport bikes and my 109. i got all the usual what is it comments followed by the look of wondering why i brought it to the track. then after i killed my buddy's 750 katana a few heads picked up then i took out a GSXR 600 and the crowd started to gather. next i put a CBR 600 in his place twice and the 109 got the respect it deserves and the other riders were getting upset. it was great. i even beat a gsxr 1000 barely (once) when he couldn't keep front wheel on the ground. my best time was 7.45 at 93.55 MPH. i think the gsxr 1000 best was 7.1. my best reaction time was .69 which was a lot better then the 2. something i had the last time i ran. any of you that haven't made it to the track yet have to get there, its too much fun.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I sold a GSXR 06 model to move to the 109,You trying to tell us that a 109 out run a bike that can run 0-60 in 2.8 ta 2.9 sec :confused: and out ran a GSXR600 there ain't no FREAKING way!!!! I'm calling B,S on this one myself!!!!

Either it's B,S or those guys just could NOT Ride!!! top speed on that bike was 196 stock!!!
with just a couple of mods it would run over 200 mph and you beat him :eek:

I put 3100 miles on the GSXR and ran it up to 150 while i had it,It is SCARRY Fast!!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
ITGUY yes it all depends on the rider :bigthumbsup: at the drag strip in Deland several of the riders had Haul arse bikes but you could tell it was a case of more bike than rider when the light changed :D :D :D
several of the riders looked like it scarred them when the bike came up but the ones that had it together kept the peddle to the metal and walked off!!!

I wanted to try it but Rode mine up there and knew if i dropped it or broke something i would be up the Creek,Next year I may trailer it so I can play and not worry about it The Drag strip was worth the ride the Biketoberfest by it's self to me :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ITguy said:
Nice job, 7.45 is a nice run :bigthumbsup: It depends on the rider usually but most 600's are fair game in the 1/8th.

Your bike stock or have any mod's?
+'s) power commander, jsd, skeeter air, drilled baffles, JR's map.

- 's) engine guards, mirrors, almost full tank of gas.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
silentrider said:
I sold a GSXR 06 model to move to the 109,You trying to tell us that a 109 out run a bike that can run 0-60 in 2.8 ta 2.9 sec :confused: and out ran a GSXR600Â there ain't no FREAKING way!!!! I'm calling B,S on this one myself!!!!

Either it's B,S or those guys just could NOT Ride!!! top speed on that bike was 196 stock!!!
with just a couple of mods it would run over 200 mph and you beat him :eek:

I put 3100 miles on the GSXR and ran it up to 150 while i had it,It is SCARRY Fast!!!
if it makes you feel better it think the guy was afraid if his gsxr 600 but the guy on the cbr 600RR wasn't and i got him too.

what difference does top speed make on an 1/8th mile run????????????

·
Registered
244 Posts
Way to go Rob... I figured you would tear those no riding sport bikers up on the Jacksonville 1/8th. :a18: :a18: This guy's 109 not only runs good but he knows how to ride it!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
dbritton1963 said:
Way to go Rob... I figured you would tear those no riding sport bikers up on the Jacksonville 1/8th. :a18: :a18: This guy's 109 not only runs good but he knows how to ride it!!
+1 Amen to that Brother!! :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :2cool: :2cool: :2cool: :2cool: :#1: :#1: :#1: :#1:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dbritton1963 said:
Way to go Rob... I figured you would tear those no riding sport bikers up on the Jacksonville 1/8th. :a18: :a18: This guy's 109 not only runs good but he knows how to ride it!!
AAAAAWWWWW. thanks doug

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
109RS said:
 what difference does top speed make on an 1/8th mile run????????????  Â
Absolutely nothing. :)

I ran against a honda 600 something or other at the track two Sundays ago. While I'm still slow on my 800 cruiser, I ran an 8.8 (my best) to his 7.7 so I have NO doubts the 109 can take some of the 600 sport bikes in the 1/8 track. Heck, I kept UP with the sporty for a bit.

I think this winter I'm going to fully uncork and see if she'll run even stronger.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Drag racing motorcycles is so much rider it isnt funny. I have seen the same bike have a difference of 3 seconds between riders. You gauge the rider by the 60' times and the bikes performance by the mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts