M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Billet engine cover for the M109 with "109 CI" on it. Anybody else seen this and know where to get it. Please let me know by email.

Col

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I don't have my bike close by to check, but doesn't our engine covers have more than 3 screws? Does it really matter if it does?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I don't have my bike close by to check, but doesn't our engine covers have more than 3 screws? Does it really matter if it does?
Three of the Allen Heads are dummies....only three secure the plate to the engine!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bob109 said:
Three of the Allen Heads are dummies....only three secure the plate to the engine!
Thanks for letting me know about the dummy bolts. I have just asked the maker if they do a six hole cover or only the three. I wish I had read this before asking them a dopey question. Such is life. It should look good on the bike though. A bit pricey but another bit of shiney stuff never hurts.

Col.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
bob109 said:
Good to know... I would have rounded out the dummy heads trying to get them off probably. ::)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dang wouldn't you know it-I bought the M109R version and now this. When I installed the cover there seemed to be three long bolts out of six, but the other three were not dummy bolts. It shoudn't matter though, as there are no fluids behind the cover. Three bolts with some blue Loctite will suffice. Sounds like the Kat that fabbed the 109ci cover may have some kewl stuff up his sleeve. I think I will just store the 9 in the corner of the garage for a year and wait to see what hits the after market for the 9. Before you know it there will be just as many bolt-ons for the VGX as there is for the VTX. :super:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Good to know... I would have rounded out the dummy heads trying to get them off probably. ::)
No you wouldn't have. They still unscrew, they are just shorter screws that only go deep enough to thread into the cover. The other ones don't actually screw into the cover, they have no threads near the bolt heads and just slip through the holes in the cover and thread into the engine from there. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
593 Posts
BlackCherry said:
No you wouldn't have. They still unscrew, they are just shorter screws that only go deep enough to thread into the cover. The other ones don't actually screw into the cover, they have no threads near the bolt heads and just slip through the holes in the cover and thread into the engine from there. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Good thing I'm not a motorcycle mechanic-Z

·
Registered
192 Posts
Has anyone tried ordering one of these from their online store at Sumo?
It does not appear there. I sent an Email and got a reply saying sorry about that give us a call.
Seems mickey mouse to me, if you can,t order online. In NZ with the time difference here and the cost of calls to the states, its not the way to do business.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I put the 109 with flame on mine and it looks great!!! the three dummy bolts as you guys call them are put on first they have nuts on the back then the plate is mounted with the other three bolts so when you have it on it looks like six are holding it! this is only for looks :bigthumbsup: later Silentrider

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Phil

I found another place that has the "109CI" cover. I have contacted them and am waiting for a postage cost to Oz. It should be similar money to NZ.

http://www.meancycles.com/Home.asp?PartID=211923&BikeType=Cruiser&BikeModelID=5759

coriman said:
It does not appear there. I sent an Email and got a reply saying sorry about that give us a call.
Seems mickey mouse to me, if you can,t order online. In NZ with the time difference here and the cost of calls to the states, its not the way to do business.
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ya check out that price on the wheel kit......WoW....We got the same thing right out of the box :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, we got a lot of bike for the money with the 109.:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

Col

scaramooch said:
Ya check out that price on the wheel kit......WoW....We got the same thing right out of the box :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
coriman said:
Cheers Phil
When I spoke to them a few months ago Kurt was saying he was wanting to get a shopping cart together. If you need it I can get it sorted for you. I will call Kurt and see if I can put it on my website so you can buy it through a secure gateway and I can get it shipped to NZ for you.
Jon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts