M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here's the deal... I went on the rswarrior forum and posed a question about the bike for a friend of mine who feels the 109 is too big for him. I wanted to know if the vertically challenged were doing ok riding it. I like the looks of the Warrior and had thought about buying one but ruled it out due to riding two-up alot. My buddy Jimmy is 5' 4" and kind of on the small side so i told him the Warrior might fit him better.....ANYWAY.....one of the comments I got back stated the 109 was a pig and couldn't maneuver. So instead of starting a pointless on-line argument let me pose the question to all of you, how is 109 compared to other bikes for overall performance?

Bill

PS. one also had a comment that the 109 "topped out " at 127mph

·
Registered
36 Posts
I road several bikes before I setteled on the 109. I have always wanted a warrior since they came out. So I road several warriors they just didn't fit me nomatter how much I wanrred it to. I liked the roadliner, but would have to do too many mods to make it the bike for me. I also through in a couple of harlies to see what all the fuss was about. And couldn't figure out the fuss! With that being said, when I got a 109 it just fit!! After a test ride there was no question, I drove a black one home the next day. I am 5' 11'' 260#s and the just fits. The sailsman was about the size of your friend. He drove the bike out for me when I went on my test ride and he looked pretty stretched out. He even cometted that bike feels huge. I am sure with different bars and some adjustments a experanced smaller rider would do just fine.

By the way between the warrior and the 109 there is no comparrison, the 109 wins hands down. Just my $.02

pj

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like PJ, I rode several bikes before deciding on the 9.  My brother has a 2005 midnight warrior, and I put about 300 miles on it while I was deciding which bike to get. The warrior was nice, and certainly felt lighter and somewhat easier to maneuver at low speeds and in the twisties than the 9, but there is nothing that I am able to do on the warrior that I can't do on the 9 with a little more physical effort.  Granted, I am far from an expert rider, so I have been nowhere near pushing either of these bikes to their physical limits.

Now that I have put some miles on the 9, I have really grown to appreciate the stability that the wide rear tire and low center of gravity offer- as many have noted, this bike does not feel like it weighs 700+ lbs. when riding it.  At the same time, it feels much more stable than any other cruiser, including the warrior, that I've ever ridden.  After more than 3.5K miles on my 9, my impression has not changed.  For me, this bike does require a bit more physical effort than others in certain maneuvers, but I would not consider it extremely difficult or challenging as compared with the other bikes that I have ridden. At the same time, I have become accustom to the extra effort, and don't even notice it anymore.  For reference, I'm 5' 10'' tall, and weigh only 185 lbs.

As between the warrior and the 9, I would much rather have the 9 any day of the week  :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Billiards77 said:
Okay here's the deal... I went on the rswarrior forum and posed a question about the bike for a friend of mine who feels the 109 is too big for him. I wanted to know if the vertically challenged were doing ok riding it. I like the looks of the Warrior and had thought about buying one but ruled it out due to riding two-up alot.  My buddy Jimmy is 5' 4" and kind of on the small side so i told him the Warrior might fit him better.....ANYWAY.....one of the comments I got back stated the 109 was a pig and couldn't maneuver. So instead of starting a pointless on-line argument let me pose the question to all of you, how is 109 compared to other bikes for overall performance?Â

Bill

All I have to say that whoever told you the 9 topped out at 127mph obviously doesn't own one and if he does own one then he can't ride. I know from this site than I am not the fastest by anymeans but I personally hit 140+ mph this past Saturday on Interstate 64 in Virginia. After my eyes glanced down and saw it hit 140 then i kept them glued to the road. The 9 has ALOT of torque and pull even when you yank on it at 125. I was very impressed with how I simply pulled away from my cousin at 125 and he was on his vtx1800c. And for the "pig" statement, that is so ridiculous that it's not even worth commenting on.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My 109 out handles my 1100 shadow by a long shot. I know these 2 bikes are in different catagories, but still both cruisers. My level of comfort (banked into a turn) is way higher on the 109. Rear wheel is a HUGE plus to me. I too have taken it to the 140 mark, and that thing was planted. Not that I would want to change lanes at that speed, but I think it would have taken tremendous effort to get the bike to swerve. A+ in my book.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for 127 mph, with the JSD TRE mod she runs to 150 if you can hold on.

We have a couple of Niner Babes and from there pics neither appear to be of the Amazon Nation. :bigthumbsup:

But hey to each his own!

Manufactures design bikes for a 5'10" 180 lb rider anyway and if you are out of that spec you are most likely going to have to fit any bike to you anyway.

:D I like bacon. :D

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
With the rider on both bikes being the same, the Warrior will outhandle the 109... But that doesn't mean the 109 is a pig. It handles VERY well on twistie roads if you know how to ride it. Also, the stock tires somewhat suck but once replaced with Metzelers the bike is very agile.

On the power side... I think we all pretty much know the 109 will pull on the warrior fairly easily.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Billards77, all i can say to you is don't come onto rswarrior forum take the comments you got from our forum and start sh**. you came to us asked questions and was getting respectable answers you needed. than right after getting a few respones you threw in the topic of top speed more power the 109 has over the warrior. it had nothing to do with the answers you were looking for from your previous questions. show some respect i would never come onto this forum and disrespect you or your bikes being a visitor. as for the top speed debate i believe i read on this forum that the 109 came from the factory with a top speed around 126 or 127 that can be changed with a easy mod. if i am wrong i apologize i thought thats what was said when the bikes were first unveiled. veteran warrior owners know the 109 has more hp and more top end. but don't come onto our site and rub it in our faces. we love our bikes just like you love your. all bikes have good points and bad. as for the pig comment it was meant your bike is bigger example : tires, weight, body panels. this forum has great people on it and beautiful 109s with creative ideas. sorry for the rant but just had to set the record straight.

p.s. Blinker109 don't write checks your a** can't cash ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Easy:

The m109 is a good handling bike. Its a great handling cruiser.

To be an 1800cc powerhouse, the handling is damn good and Suzuki upped the ante, plain and simple.

** p.s. you should know better than go to that forum, get info, then ... well you know what you did :joke: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gtwarrior said:
Billards77, all i can say to you is don't come onto rswarrior forum take the comments you got from our forum and start sh**. you came to us asked questions and was getting respectable answers you needed. than right after getting a few respones you threw in the topic of top speed more power the 109 has over the warrior. it had nothing to do with the answers you were looking for from your previous questions. show some respect i would never come onto this forum and disrespect you or your bikes being a visitor. as for the top speed debate i believe i read on this forum that the 109 came from the factory with a top speed around 126 or 127 that can be changed with a easy mod. if i am wrong i apologize i thought thats what was said when the bikes were first unveiled. veteran warrior owners know the 109 has more hp and more top end. but don't come onto our site and rub it in our faces. we love our bikes just like you love your. all bikes have good points and bad. as for the pig comment it was meant your bike is bigger example : tires, weight, body panels. this forum has great people on it and beautiful 109s with creative ideas. sorry for the rant but just had to set the record straight.

p.s. Blinker109 don't write checks your a** can't cash ;) :bigthumbsup:
Mr. gtwarrior,

Maybe you need to read my posting again on the warrior site and be clear on how I started crap :dontknow: I was asking a question to help a friend out and thought that would be the site to do it. I REPLIED to an incorrect statement made about speed..(didn't start it)....and was very polite about it. As I stated in my post I like the warrior and if it was just me riding I would have bought one years ago. I asked on this board for input from people who have a lot more experience than I at bikes and riding to give me their opinion on the matter of the 109 being a pig. I think it rides great but my experience is limited to smaller cruisers and a couple of sportbikes from years ago.Â

Again I didn't "start" anything on your site and thanked the people for their HELPFUL comments and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Billiards77, maybe i come off to headstrong with this topic it just seem your post on the 109 board was to entice negative debate between our two bikes. you always have forum members who are very proud of there bikes. if your post on the 109 forum was sincere than i apologize for jumping on you about it.

Greg St.Clair

·
Registered
422 Posts
I so wanted a warrior a couple of years ago but just couldn't get comfortable on it no matter how much I wanted too.
I ended up on a Mean streak and now the 109 which I love.
But the Warrior???...great great bike.
No one bike can be everything to all people.
If we all rode the same bike how boring would that be
Oh and gtwarrior...welcome to our board please stay a while :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Billiards77 said:
Okay here's the deal... I went on the rswarrior forum and posed a question about the bike for a friend of mine who feels the 109 is too big for him. I wanted to know if the vertically challenged were doing ok riding it. I like the looks of the Warrior and had thought about buying one but ruled it out due to riding two-up alot.  My buddy Jimmy is 5' 4" and kind of on the small side so i told him the Warrior might fit him better.....ANYWAY.....one of the comments I got back stated the 109 was a pig and couldn't maneuver. So instead of starting a pointless on-line argument let me pose the question to all of you, how is 109 compared to other bikes for overall performance?Â

Bill

PLEASE give me the warrior website so I can get on there and do some real bike bashing. :doorag:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think the warrior is smokin. Wanted one the salesman talked me out of it and said my wife wont like it,not the right bike for me,you will be much better off with this,showed me the roadliner,went in the back to figure my payments. I just told this guy forget about it and left, I mean don't get me wrong but I was more interested in the warrior. Went down the road to the Suzuki dealership saw the 9 bought it the next day.BTW at the ZOOK dealer no one hassled me,left me alone to sit on all the bikes i wanted to,told me to make myself at home and if i needed anything come see him at his desk. NO BRAINER - If it wasn't for that salesman i would be driving a warrior right now.Thanks Buddy

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
J R said:
The H-D V-Rod is the tire-shreddingest, baddest-ass, babe-pullingest cruiser to ever leave a factory production line. It attracts attention like Angelina Jolie strolling through a shopping mall â€" naked. And it tears at pavement with about the same power as a Ducati 996.

:a20: :a20: :a20: :a20:

Gimme a frikking break!! ::) ::) ::)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I loved the warrior. Looked at it first but I'm short at 5' 6 1/2" and I just couldn't get comfortable sitting on one. It always felt to wide and bulky to me. Then I sat on a 9 and everything was a perfect fit. Got 13,000 miles on my 9 now and I still say the same thing. It's a perfect fit for me even though I'm short.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts