M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to work last nite and what comes next to me, a fully dressed HD with blue neons all over it and rap music blasting from the Radio, and all leathered up like a rebel cult like HDer. Anyway, he looked at me then the bike and reved his bike, I laughed at him, and waited for green light, we took off and well, it was a joke because, I blew him away, to where he was way behind, and the next light he stayed behind me at the light. I reached behind and patted the 9 on the side, like saying good boy, in a nut shell, it burst his bubble.:bigthumbsup: PS, sorry for the bla bla bla.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Good Kill ,Bet he will Be at the Dealer Bright and Early Monday
,askin About perfomance mods :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Way to go bro

Kick some big time Harley azz. :bigthumbsup:

On the way to work last nite and what comes next to me, a fully dressed HD with blue neons all over it and rap music blasting from the Radio, and all leathered up like a rebel cult like HDer. Anyway, he looked at me then the bike and reved his bike, I laughed at him, and waited for green light, we took off and well, it was a joke because, I blew him away, to where he was way behind, and the next light he stayed behind me at the light. I reached behind and patted the 9 on the side, like saying good boy, in a nut shell, it burst his bubble.:bigthumbsup: PS, sorry for the bla bla bla.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Ha ha! All show, no go!!! But you never know 'til they hit the throttle.

Buddy of mine out here runs a StreetGlide with a custom-built 120ci S&S motor. He loves hard ridin' and poppin' wheelies anywhere he goes. Runnin' with him one afternoon we ended up at a stoplight side by side in front. He looks at me and shouts "To the next light"......almost 3/4 mile to the next light, we crossed the line side by side.

We both spun the tires leaving. His Glide has some serious muscle.

I'll run him again, but I don't think I'll ever run him for $$$.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts

Buddy of mine out here runs a StreetGlide with a custom-built 120ci S&S motor. He loves hard ridin' and poppin' wheelies anywhere he goes. Runnin' with him one afternoon we ended up at a stoplight side by side in front. He looks at me and shouts "To the next light"......almost 3/4 mile to the next light, we crossed the line side by side.

bet his motor cost more than your bike!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
bet his motor cost more than your bike!
Close....about $10K. But thats how he rolls. I don't think he has ever owned a stock bike. Looks like he'd kill you and not think twice about, but one of the nicest guys in the world. He just grew up hardcore biker.

In some ways just like I did. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I've got several buddies with Harleys. Kick there asses every time we ride together. They dont even try anymore. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
Talking the talk...

My middle brother's riding buddy has a Supercharged Harley and he's spent about 15k on that motor all up. Added to the price of the bike and other customisation, he's spent about 50K on it in total. I'm pretty sure it's got marginally better power than my 9, but once again, in regards to chassis, suspension, cornering prowess and getting the power to the ground, I think a 9 is still way better.

My brother was crowing about how much power that Harley has (being a Harley devotee), and that it would walk my 9....until I explained to him that if I were to spend just a fraction of what his mate has on that bike, bolting a Supercharger onto the 9 and an intercooler, or go the Bigeh option of a turbo, it would be game over in spades. End of discussion right there....because he's ridden my 9 as well, and knows as I do what the result would then be. ;)

Anyway, as usual, most Harley riders would have you believe that their bikes are the absolute best performer bar none, in every conceivable way. In my experience they talk the talk.... but are almost without exception akin to mobile chicanes in the twisties. That's how I like to use them anyway... ;) At the end of the day, talk is cheap... and results speak for themselves.

Clearly the guy you smoked is delusional, and knows little about the performance specs of the 9, or a Triumph Rocket. My guess is he will quickly learn some humility, based on his results.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

LMAO 120 cubic inch of CUSTOM serious money engine to our lil ol stocker 109, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
[b ]bet his motor cost more than your bike![/b]
I thought so also, Still have to buy ones induction system, I got this from the HD forums LOL

We still have a bigger bore.............

A. Screamin' E agle​
® p ro SE 120R H igh-
Performance C rate M otor

3​
This track-ready 120 cubic inch Screamin' E agle​
® Crate Motor
is waiting to provide a racing enthusiast the opportunity to
go racing at an affordable price. T his engine is designed for
bolt-in installation in the Original E quipment-style chassis
of your track bike. N o special fabrication or engine-mount
relocation is required. T he crankcase, cylinders and heads
are painted black, and feature machined aluminum highlights
and chrome covers for a stunning "show-and-go" look.
When equipped with appropriate high-flow throttle body
and injectors, an open air induction, and tuned exhaust, this
engine is capable of producing a reliable 135+ horsepower
at the rear wheel.
Hand assembled alongside Harley-Davidson's production
T win Cam engines at the Pilgrim R oad E ngine Plant in
Milwaukee, these race-use engines feature only the finest
Screamin' Eagle components:
• 4.060" big-bore cylinders.
• 4-5/8" stroke premium forged flywheels.
• 10.5:1 high-compression nickel-plated forged pistons with
T eflon coated skirts.
• T itanium SST piston rings.
• SE-266E high-lift cams.
• Perfect Fit push rods +.030.
• SE high-performance lifters.
• CNC-ported MVA heads with automatic
compression release.
• Machined lower rocker boxes for valve
spring collar clearance.
• Factory-machined engine cases.
• Unique piston oilers for stroker clearances.
• Screamin' Eagle inner crankcase cam needle bearings.
• Lefty high-performance crankcase output bearing.
• High-performance torque response engine compensator.
• SE Performance Spark Plugs.
Requires separate purchase of appropriate Screamin' E agle
throttle body, high-flow injectors and a high-performance
clutch upgrade
. Just add your choice of race exhaust, highflow
air cleaner, and tuning.
For race application only.
19220-11
Black & Chrome. $5,495.95

Fits '06-later Dyna​
® and '07-later T ouring models.

19206-11​
Black & Chrome. $5,795.95

Fits '07-later Softail® models.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/572733-120ci.html

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I thought so also, Still have to buy ones induction system, I got this from the HD forums LOL

A. Screamin' E agle
® p ro SE 120R H igh-

This track-ready 120 cubic inch Screamin' E agle
® Crate Motor
at the rear wheel.
T eflon coated skirts.
compression release.
spring collar clearance.
clutch upgrade. Just add your choice of race exhaust, highflow

air cleaner, and tuning.
19220-11

Fits '06-later Dyna

19206-11

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/572733-120ci.html

hell for 6k, i could do some serious mods to our motor, and chrome, and have money for lunch, harleys are nice, but only cruising and long distance in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Holy Shiz Batman

That's some serious coin. I wonder what BIG Eh paid for his turbo? I know for a fact that you can nitrous a 9 for a fraction of that.
http://www.1tail.com/Performance_Parts/Suzuki_Boulevard_M109_Nitrous_Kits/

A. Screamin' E agle
® p ro SE 120R H igh-

This track-ready 120 cubic inch Screamin' E agle
® Crate Motor
at the rear wheel.
T eflon coated skirts.
compression release.
spring collar clearance.
clutch upgrade. Just add your choice of race exhaust, highflow

air cleaner, and tuning.

19220-11

Fits '06-later Dyna

19206-11

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Aaaahahahahahaha, you should have rolled backwards to him and asked if he wanted another piece of failure cake!!:D

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
2 weeks ago, I was out riding with my dad and his buddies. Aside from a 1700 Yamaha, I was the only other "ricer" amongst the Harleys. Every so often, the pack will peel away from an intersection and roll on the throttle. I was in the back of the pack, making sure we didn't lose any riders. Well, I wanted to play too. I row through the gears and take the passing lane all the way to the front of the pack. We ride some more and pull over for a sec. I kinda heard one guy mention "I thought my bike was fast, but that white bike flew by, and I had to make sure my bike was even on!!" We all laughed about it. Good group of guys.

-Josh

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
You're lucky. I can't seem to get any HD riders to play at all anymore. It seems most of them either know what the 9 is, or they've just come to grips with the fact they're riding the slowest bikes on the road. :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Anyway, as usual, most Harley riders would have you believe that their bikes are the absolute best performer bar none, in every conceivable way.
Of all the HD riders I know, and I know a few of them, only one thinks his bike is a good performer, and even that's in a straight line only. With 131 cubes, it should be. I haven't run him yet (cause he can't keep the damn thing ridable long enough for us to run, it's always broke). I think he would take me off the line because of his superior torque, but I think once the 9 got spooled up, I'd overtake him and never look back. None of the other HD guys I know think their bikes are good performers. They aren't that stupid. However, they all do think their HDs are superior because they're HDs, which is almost as stupid as the HD guys who think their bikes are ultimate performers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Of all the HD riders I know, and I know a few of them, only one thinks his bike is a good performer, and even that's in a straight line only. With 131 cubes, it should be. I haven't run him yet (cause he can't keep the damn thing ridable long enough for us to run, it's always broke). I think he would take me off the line because of his superior torque, but I think once the 9 got spooled up, I'd overtake him and never look back. None of the other HD guys I know think their bikes are good performers. They aren't that stupid. However, they all do think their HDs are superior because they're HDs, which is almost as stupid as the HD guys who think their bikes are ultimate performers.
I live in watertown tennessee and i own a 07 red there has been talk from sporties and fat boys that they can take my nine
One day it was raining out in a restrant in town one of them poped of about his sportster about racing for a 100 I didnt even have to put the money up there was more 100s hit the table than u can imagine
But needless to say the race never happened
Ride safe
bassplayer

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I live in watertown tennessee and i own a 07 red there has been talk from sporties and fat boys that they can take my nine
One day it was raining out in a restrant in town one of them poped of about his sportster about racing for a 100 I didnt even have to put the money up there was more 100s hit the table than u can imagine
But needless to say the race never happened
Ride safe
bassplayer
It's amazing just how many seemingly uneducated people there are who can afford Harleys. ???

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I like gassing it, when with HD on a raod, After i finally get slowed down, They just kinda hang behind and be good lil bikers LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
423 Posts
I havent had the pleasure on my 9 yet. Been looking for it though:D. I watched a video of a brand new 1500 HD with "performance muffler system" on the dyno, 56hp and 78tq. Tuner's commentary was "not bad". If that is "not bad", I dont know what is. I guess a Sportster 883??? I have rented a few Harley's when I was bikeless for our anniversary (only option for a rental) and everything about the bikes feels sloppy to me. The frame feels weak, front end feels loose, and feels like the bike is gonna rattle to pieces :barf: I seriously felt unsafe on it. It also took nearly full throttle to maintain 85 on the freeway :nojoke: and both of them were 1500's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts