M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Well it's just over 45 days of owning my c109r and 1000 miles later 1650 currently I haven't much to complain about, it isn't the Goldwing I'm use to
but to me a lot more comfortable than the GW. Wish it had cruise control and that Australian Co. that sells a kit for it is far too pricey. $1000+ usd.

Anyway the concern I have is when cruising along at 35-40 in 3rd gear it kinda surges a bit, not real bad but noticeable. Was thinking it was the plugs or needing a tune up but dealer where bought from says all that is new. Also after idling a few minutes (sometimes not often) it pops when I goose the throttle, again dealer says normal. Is it normal?
This is the first Vtwin I've owned and I don't know the characteristics of a fuel injected Vtwins. Carbureted boxer 6 yes but this no.The dealer is a Harley fan but sells other bikes so I think he's applying Harley knowledge to a Suzuki. Oh first gear whine is also something I need to get use too but that whine I find useful when downshifting, lets me know I've gone too far. Yes at times I forget which gear I'm in. More times than not I forget about 5th gear. lol I have ask.. What does the R stand for C109 "R" no RT just R?

I love the bike. It get loads of compliments too. Almost to an embarrassing point. lol
I appreciate any advice to offer Thanks in advance

pictures from welcoming page

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting. I am just now noticing something similar on my M109R. When maintaining speed, not accelerating or decelerating, it feels like gusts of wind blowing on and off or something... like ever so slightly the engine is surging with power coming on/off/on/off. She accelerates hard so nothing major, but it's there when I'm maintaining speed (which is probably using the fuel map in the <10% throttle position regardless of RPM).

The only other bike that I had do something similar was a Triumph America. I had to change the needles in the carbs from the stock 'nails' to Thruxton needles that had more taper. Just that change was enough to give the extra gas to end the surging (which I think was lean surging) when maintaining a constant speed.

Is this close to what you are experiencing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not like a fuel issue surge more like misfiring. Only notice when it gets to its sweet spot. It accelerates fine and all under medium throttle, never done wot or hard take offs
When it has any type of torque on the motor it doesn't happen..I'm guessing maybe around 3k to 3500? rpm's cruising 3rd 40 mph or so.. In 4th gear at that speed it does the same no tach.
I read a post on here can't locate now for some reason but they were saying something about vvt or remapping computer or something about eliminating the need of something.
It was a late night read so I can't remember the solution they had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts