M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made my first real ride on the 109 today. Have had it 2 days and spend most of today making adjustments. First the reflectors, then the friggin warning stickers, my thumb nail is blk n blu, then adjusted the brake petal as low is as will go. Then to the ride.. I have to say this is the best riding bike I have ever had. The longer I went the more I was impressed. Biggest adjustment is learning how to hang on while working the clutch, wow.. Rode 100 miles and made one stop at at a local watering hole for a sodi pop. Came out and there were several HD riders looking at my bike like it was from mars. Rode out in a large group but ended up alone.. 8) I am hooked, can't wait until tomorrow :doorag:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I did 100 miles the first day I got her. went for a little ride in the country....I thought. every stinking country road I turned down that day had tar and gravel on it! man I was pissed. Never like to break in a new bike that way. anyhow me and my girl got on the highway and it was a pain, trying to vary the engine speed every so often and the big trucks pulling up my ass in the slow lane. I blasted off away a few times before rolling off on it but still never got the tach over 4500rpm. This bad boy is running just 3500 rpm showing 80mph on the clock. It was a hot fricken day but I was all smiles and this bike can't even tell there is a passenger on board. did the same as you, pulled the stupid reflectors and stickers off. man them stickers had gorilla glue on them. I used a blow dryer and WD40 to get em' off. also pulled tank and lh cowl off to check the coolant overflow cause I thought it was low, I just could not see the fluid in it, it was full. made some marks on high and low lines with a sharpie so I can see it better now. still looking at the rear turn sig/license tag/mud flap thing, it's gotta go. looking for a tag bracket I saw in a mag with the license plate light and two arrows at the bottom for the turn sigs. I plan on trimming off all but the little square where the plate light is now and use it to bolt the plate/bracket to. I thing it will look better than a side mount bracket IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.