M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so u can put a 10" Rim on the stock rear set up I thought u had to get a new swing arm??

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yes, you can run a 10" rim on the stock swingarm.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So a 280 on a stock rim would
work great. So a 300 is thAt big of a diff. I would think if the 10" rim fit a 300 would also

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
work great. So a 300 is thAt big of a diff. I would think if the 10" rim fit a 300 would also
a 280 is the maximum size rear tire that will fit the stock swingarm setup, and it can be a bit tedious getting it to fit.

a 300 will require a totally new swingarm.

·
Registered
567 Posts
work great.
I didn't say that...and you'll get mixed opinions. Personally, I wouldn't run a 280 on a stock rim.

So a 300 is thAt big of a diff. I would think if the 10" rim fit a 300 would also
If I were gonna go fatter I would definately go 280. I just don't see that much difference between the 280 and the 300 and there's a lot more expense / tweak to do the 300. JMO...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
If your going with the 280 you got to take the air out of the tire to slide it into the swing arm. Slides in like a boot to your foot. I use my hands to line it up and my knee to put it in so you don't puck up the rim.

I had a stealer take my 280 off. I look in the back room and the got my shaft off. Told the guy at the desk. Why did they take my shaft off the bike?
The guy runs to the back room and comes back and tells me the tire would not slide out. So i tell him all you got to do is take the air out. So the worked on getting it back if for a 1/2 hr. Man them boys are bright.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I meant a 280 on a stock swing arm would work great I am using my phone it is sometimes hard to see but I know I would never go bigger than a 260 on stock I read ur FAQ hink sorry guys I meant that if I got a 10 " rim and put a 280 on in would work great with the stock swing arm

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey guys got a question myself, I bought my 9 used and never even thought about it until now. But, my question is what is the standard size rim on the 9? I look at my bike and noticed the tires are fronts-130/70 r18 dunlop's, backs-260/40 vr 18 is these tires for the standard rim or 10 inch?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Metzler 260, a Dunlop 250, or Avon 250 is the biggest you can go on a standard 8in rim

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Hey guys got a question myself, I bought my 9 used and never even thought about it until now. But, my question is what is the standard size rim on the 9? I look at my bike and noticed the tires are fronts-130/70 r18 dunlop's, backs-260/40 vr 18 is these tires for the standard rim or 10 inch?
stock rim you can run a 240, 250 or 260 tire with the stock swingarm..

10 inch rim you can run a 280 with stock swingarm..

10 inch rim, DLP swingarm or notched swingarm you can run a 300 ... plus u will have to work the inner fender....
:bigthumbsup: Clear as mudd.... lol

·
Registered
843 Posts
stock rim you can run a 240, 250 or 260 tire with the stock swingarm..

10 inch rim you can run a 280 with stock swingarm..

10 inch rim, DLP swingarm or notched swingarm you can run a 300 ... plus u will have to work the inner fender....
:bigthumbsup: Clear as mudd.... lol
ok thanks guys I just wanted to make sure what size rim I had. also helps with my descion on buying the fireball led rims, didnt want to lose any size.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
:bdh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts