M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was meant to be.

I've been following these boards for a few weeks now. I was finally able to find this bike at a dealer for me to sit on and drool over. It was love at first site (you know the fastest Blue)Well that was last Saturday. I finally convinced the wife to let me take the plunge. I've been looking at every damn bike that passes me in hopes to seeing one up close and personal on the road. That was bust. Well today i'm in my bank for about an hour securing my piece of happiness (getting the loan) when I notice the next guy waiting has a helmet in hand. Not giving it a second thought, I walk out of the bank happy with what is to come when what is staring me right in the face? You guessed it, the dude had a Blue m109r right there. I mean come on now. What more of a sign do I need. Never seeing this bike on the road and the second I sign the loan papers to get this bike, the first thing I see is this bike. So I did what every other bike loving fanatic would do. I waited 10 minutes for the guy to come out of the bank to talk about it and go over the coincidence of him being there.

So now I have to wait the few days to secure my funds then its off to the dealers to start the serious hunting. I'm hoping the dealer from last Saturday still has it and wants to deal.

More to come..... I'm so freaking stoked.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I put a deposit on mine on the spot! It took me long enough to find a blue one. I didn't want some dude to walse in and buy it. Let that guy get the next one!

With the new colors coming out, blue ones are getting hard to find.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it was truely meant to be that I saw that bike and met that guy. He gave me the name and number of the place he had bought his. After reading your replies, I called the local dealer to put a deposit down. I was shocked when the salesman on the phone tells me that the price out the door would be roughly $14500. He went on to try and tell me that this bike is so HOT right now (not like I didn't know that)that they are getting more then MSRP. When I informed them of the price the guy got his for from the other place I was told to go get it then. He then informed me that I would not find it and didn't want anything to do with me for even suggesting to haggle. I called the other dealer that was suggested and low and behold, not only does he have a blue one in stock, but his out the door price was below MSRP. So as it stands, I now have a deposit on one and i'm scheduled to pick her up next Wed.

So if anyone is looking to pay mid $14's for a blue one, I know where one is.

Love this place...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Let em wait for $14500, hopefully his 07's will roll in and then he can sell it for $1000 under msrp. Dealers? Maybe they haven't seen ebay.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congratulations! I know just how you feel. Made my decision to proceed on a Saturday, and had to wait for my dealer to open on Tuesday. Longest three days I ever had....could not sleep Saturday, Sunday or Monday - and than still could not sleep Tuesday evening knowing what was in the garage waiting for me to ride again on Wednesday morning. FYI, my dealer down here is southern Louisiana has a black and silver on the floor - and I think will still let them go at $11,200 + TTL.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
686 Posts
raposak said:
Well it was truely meant to be that I saw that bike and met that guy. He gave me the name and number of the place he had bought his. After reading your replies, I called the local dealer to put a deposit down. I was shocked when the salesman on the phone tells me that the price out the door would be roughly $14500. He went on to try and tell me that this bike is so HOT right now (not like I didn't know that)that they are getting more then MSRP. When I informed them of the price the guy got his for from the other place I was told to go get it then. He then informed me that I would not find it and didn't want anything to do with me for even suggesting to haggle. I called the other dealer that was suggested and low and behold, not only does he have a blue one in stock, but his out the door price was below MSRP. So as it stands, I now have a deposit on one and i'm scheduled to pick her up next Wed.

So if anyone is looking to pay mid $14's for a blue one, I know where one is.

Love this place...
When you pick up your bike, you really need to ride it over to that other dealership, go in and ask for a sales manager, explain the situation you had on the phone, and point out that they lost the sale all because one salesman was a greedy idiot. Some might wonder what that might accomplish, but it just may help future buyers from being taken so bad by that stealership.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Better yet, ride it over and tell them that you paid 15300 because it was a better shade of blue. :p

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
rideutah said:
When you pick up your bike, you really need to ride it over to that other dealership, go in and ask for a sales manager, explain the situation you had on the phone, and point out that they lost the sale all because one salesman was a greedy idiot. Some might wonder what that might accomplish, but it just may help future buyers from being taken so bad by that stealership.
Waste of time... They don't GAF...

I went to the dealer that I've bought 2 bikes and referred numerious people that also bought bikes. Told him the best OTD price I had gotten and this was his exact quote...

"Since your a repeat customer and have sent us so much business. We will sell it for $13,800.."

The best OTD price I had gotten was $11,499. So I asked for the owner, they wouldn't take the time to talk to me. So needless to say, they will NEVER get my business or referrals again.

For those that want to know, the dealer is Madison Motorsports in Raleigh, NC.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i'm the proud new owner of a burple monster. Went and picked it up today. The tech was even privy to the over oiling problem and kept checking it until it was just right. I can honestly say that my experience with Rusty Palmer in PA was one of the best by far. Everyone was more then happy to go the extra mile. Only got to put 30 miles on her tonight. More to come.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Congrats on your new best friend.
Blurple is cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts