M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking into putting new risers on my bike to get the bars back to me a bit. Can you guys help me with some info on 1 or 2 inch and if they make a pullback style or are they just like the stock but longer. I also want the tach bracket as well. Anyone selling this stuff also I could be interested. I guess I would also consider just putting on 2" extensions if they match the stock set.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am looking into putting new risers on my bike to get the bars back to me a bit. Can you guys help me with some info on 1 or 2 inch and if they make a pullback style or are they just like the stock but longer. I also want the tach bracket as well. Anyone selling this stuff also I could be interested. I guess I would also consider just putting on 2" extensions if they match the stock set.

Thanks
I installed the Rivco 2" chrome risers last week. They are very comfortable, uses the stock cables, comes with matching caps and tach bracket. I got mine from DLP.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I have the 1 inch riser extensions on right now going to the 3 inch in a couple of weeks. with the 1 inch and stock cables in orginal location they are maxed out. turn the bars all the way to the right and will get allitle throttle stick. I wonder if different years had different lengths?cables or risers. my bars right now with the 1 inch extension are 9.5 inches up and back from the tree, to the center of the bar as measured in a straight line over the top of the bars to the tank side of the tree. Would love to measure some others to see if this has any merit. as I would never be able to do 2 inches without moving the cables to the tank side of the tree.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
I have the 2" on mine. As far as how much pullback you get, just place your hands on the grips then release and move them back 2" at the same angle. They go up and back both, so it's not 2" in either direction. More back than up though.

I had the stock cables on mine for a while but changed to the +3" Barnett cables so I could put them back in the stock locations. Plus the stainless braided cables look nice.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I have been running the 1 inch blocks for about 2 years now. I think it is much better then stock and I am happy with it. You can see the seem if you really look for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts