M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya. This covers TWO, yes 2, events:

1) Gonna meet ITGuy in Clarksville, TN on August 4th (Friday) for "Midnight Madness". I'll probably just cheat...and take the day off work so I can ride around all day also before heading up there. Anybody close enough wanna show up?

2) Thursday, August 3rd, is "Bikes only night" in Huntsville at Huntsville Dragway. $10....watch or race. I got one friend with a VTX1800....that would REALLY like to see some M109Riders show up. Don't get me wrong...I'm gonna try to get him to race me also..ehehehahahaha. Anyways, doors open at 6:00 pm.....and well I forget when they close, but probably 10 pm or midnight...details on their website: http://www.huntsvilledragway.com.

Anybody up for some fun? Ted, ridehard...I know you two are close enough to BOTH events...that you can make it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ITguy said:
I'm in for the Clarksville, TN event on Friday night. Midnight madness is from 11:30 pm to 2:30 am but the track and other racing starts around 6:00pm.Â
What time you wanna meet up?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a plan. At least 2 of us going folks...more of you might as well join in on the fun.

...or are you afraid my 800 will beat you? :evil:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am strictly a 1/4 mile man.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigBoreBiker said:
I am strictly a 1/4 mile man.
If you're scared, say you're scared. :evil:

Tell ya what, I'll run ya twice down the 1/8...and subtract 0.5 off my total time...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott: Heard from Ted, he's going to meet up with me just outside Nashville Friday....and we'll ride to Clarksville together to meet you two. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doh! Ted isn't going to be able to make it now.... I'm gonna be there still though! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

Nothing's changed, I'm still planning on being there ~6:30 pm or so...have already confirmed to leave work early.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
(also posted elsewhere)

OK...had my first dragstrip night. Ran 8 times...jumped the gun twice....a LOT of room for improvement on my reaction times and actual launching technique...hope to break into 8s times some time. :)

Anyways, not bad for an 800cc cruiser (least I don't think so), red highlights is when I redlighted the take off:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting ready to leave the house...that puts me there (according to mapquest) at just before 6 pm. Traffic in Nashville sucks, so I think it'll slow me down.

...as if that ain't enough, nashville says 40% chance of rain tonight, here it's 60% tonight...and Clarksville shows only 20%.

Thus...I'll be going through 2-3 hours of riding in the rain to get there probably...but see ya when I get there if I'm not there by 6:00-6:30..you got my cell....if you need it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@#(*@#%(*#@%(*@#%(&@#%&(%(

...and some more cuss words...
@#)(*%@&#(*%&@%(*@#&%(*@#&%(*&@%

I started to head out (3:00 pm-ish) to put me there around 6 pm. Got about 5 miles from the house, sky started turning dark. Fine...knew I was going to hit some rain. I can deal with that. Wind started to pick up. Seen dust on the horizon....seen dust coming at me fast from the horizon. Then the real wind hit me.

Pulled into a church parking lot...to shoot some video with the camera. Then I got on the cell to leave Scott a message: I ain't taking my chances in this wind. This crap about blew me off the road.

I could barely hear the wind was so loud! Finally got back to house, and the radar shows clear...rain to the north...but still clear here. Argg!

Scott: I may still be able to go, but there's no need me trying to leave now. If this shin dig doesn't start until 11:30...I can leave here later tonight & make it in time....we just won't have any riding fun other than at the track.

Or...we can postpone this until a later date...maybe one when Jim of IA can also make it...and I can just go to the Benton track with y'all.

I put the videos of the weather up on my photobucket account...never put videos there, hope it works worth a hoot.

Roger

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I liked the track here in Huntsville. On Thursday now, it's bikes only: no cars to deal with. I'd have been pissed if I'd gone to Clarksville and didn't get timeslips, so thanks for sharing that. I won't be going there now.

I'll have to coordinate a run to Benton sometime in the future.

As far as air pressure, I was told that higher pressure makes it run better after you get going...but the lower pressure in the rear keeps you from spinning off the line. Rather than airing up/down every time I'm at the track, I think I'll just keep it aired up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts