M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Folks not as quick as i was hopping, according to the guys that run all the time the track was slow, NOT MAKING EXCUSES. I had probs getting it off the line.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looked faster than the other guy :)
It was faster than the other guy, thats why he gave me the finger after the finish line :))

What was your time/speed. By clock it looks like 12 seconds. Be cool to see it from the bleachers
My time was 11.2 seconds and topend speed was 194.15 kph 120.64 mph

·
Registered
678 Posts
11.2 1/4 mile + you survived + nothing broke = win in my book

Nice job!:congrats:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Pretty fast! Find a 140 pound guy with drag racing experience to run a pass or two on your bike. Low 10s I'll bet :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sorry Folks not as quick as i was hopping, according to the guys that run all the time the track was slow, NOT MAKING EXCUSES. I had probs getting it off the line.
Yeah with 176hp and a Turbo I would have thought you'd be a fair bit faster than 120mph in the 1/4 with your setup. I believe a stock M109R can do just under 12sec and 110mph. Cool video however. Post again if you go back and get a better start & time. I think you can beat that time pretty easily again with the right conditions.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Something didn't sound right, How much boost you running???

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
rock & roll :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Yeah with 176hp and a Turbo I would have thought you'd be a fair bit faster than 120mph in the 1/4 with your setup. I believe a stock M109R can do just under 12sec and 110mph. Cool video however. Post again if you go back and get a better start & time. I think you can beat that time pretty easily again with the right conditions.
If you put it in perspective, most people who race the bike the first few times never get faster then 12.50's...even modded. Some go low 13's until they are used to it. He is in the same boat, first time with the turbo and a learning curve. Actually it is worse for him with that kind of power. Tells me he is right on point for his mods and first day out. Another couple days out i could see him easily into the 10.50's.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
If you put it in perspective, most people who race the bike the first few times never get faster then 12.50's...even modded. Some go low 13's until they are used to it. He is in the same boat, first time with the turbo and a learning curve. Actually it is worse for him with that kind of power. Tells me he is right on point for his mods and first day out. Another couple days out i could see him easily into the 10.50's.
:agree:
I also think it is nice seeing a video from the future, since it is just after 15:00 over here in the states:p.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
So was this his first ever run? I thought he's run before? I wonder if he ran a 2nd or 3rd run and just didn't record it.

But yeah I would think it would be hard not to spin your tires excessively and get a good start with that much torque/hp. And I'm thinking he can really blow away this posted time as well.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I feel once he gets that beast dialed in, high 9's low 10;s are very possible...............

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
So was this his first ever run? I thought he's run before? I wonder if he ran a 2nd or 3rd run and just didn't record it.

But yeah I would think it would be hard not to spin your tires excessively and get a good start with that much torque/hp. And I'm thinking he can really blow away this posted time as well.
Not sure if he has raced it or not before. But even if he did, it is like completely starting over with that much more power and torque. Have to figure the sweet spot to launch it and not stand it up or spin the tire off.

I had a 2002 z28. 6 speed car, with just a catback exhaust I went 12.92 in the 1/4. It was dyno'd at 321 at the wheels. I did the full mods with a big cam and stage 2 heads and it put down 450rwhp. Best time I could get out of it was 12.8 spinning until I put tires on it. Then the car went to 11.19 before the bottle. So, even though he has a ton more power doesn't mean the bike will go any faster. I think he did real good first time out.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
One of the reasons behind my thinking, The Hayabusa specs,,,,,,,

Claimed power :
175bhp at 9800 rpm at the crank - 1999 stock version no mods.

Tests average :
157bhp at back wheel - 1999 stock version no mods.
There are now heaps of performance enhancements which show that with
appropriate mods 200 reliable bhp is although expensive relatively easy to
achieve.

Summary of Performance Stats
Stock 1/4 mile times and top speed times

With
thanks from Andy.1. CYCLEWORLD [June 2000]
Top Speeds
------------------------------------------
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 191 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 187 mph

Quarter Mile
--------------------------------------------
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.86 sec @ 145.80 mph [Performed by CycleWorld magazine rider]
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.06 sec @ 142 mph [Performed by Ricky Gadson - Top Kawasaki Pro Drag racer]

2. PERFORMANCE BIKES [June 2000]

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 190.3 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 188.9 mph

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 10.3s @ 143.9
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.4s @ 146.3

3. SPORTBIKE MAGAZINE [June 2000]
Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 191 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 187 mph

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.93 sec @ 143.4 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.04 sec @ 143.8 mph

4. MOTORCYCLIST MAGAZINE [June 2000]
Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 184.2 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 183 mph
[Elevation 2400 feet above sea level]

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.86 sec @ ~ 140.3 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 9.96 sec @ 142.3 mph

5. BIKENET Online <http://www.bikenet-racing.com/>
Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 196 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 194 mph

Quarter Mile - NA

6. BIKE MAGAZINE - UK [May 2000]
Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 189 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 180 mph

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 10.31 sec
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.04 sec

All the different 1/4 mile times have different factors i imagine, Drivers, altitude, track conditions..........And yes the busa is lighter, Just trying to get some perspective on his possibilities, I wish him luck and a safe 10 second run.........

http://dixonarchive.com/hayabusa/performance.htm

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I feel once he gets that beast dialed in, high 9's low 10;s are very possible...............
I saw your stats above, but I don't think 9's is possible at all. I honestly think 10.50's is the best that bike can do. The bike is just too heavy in my opinion.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I saw your stats above, but I don't think 9's is possible at all. I honestly think 10.50's is the best that bike can do. The bike is just too heavy in my opinion.
LOL ye have little faith Harris........... Watch that guy break the 10's.........:D:D

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
LOL ye have little faith Harris........... Watch that guy break the 10's.........:D:D
I have plenty of faith brutha! I know for a fact he will break the 10's. :bigthumbsup: However, the difference from 10's to 9's is HUGE. To go from a high 14 second pass to a high 13 second pass might take 25 horsepower. To go from a high 10 second pass to go to a high 9 might take 100 hp. My numbers aren't accurate but just an example. He is only running 60 more horses/torque then the average bike on here. Should be enough to go mid 10's at best but I think he will need to turn it up to 200 rwhp to get it in to the 9's with the weight we carry.

I just found a calculator, which I know arent that accurate. However, total weight of 900 (bike/rider) and 177 hp gives a 10.6 et.
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/dangrousovrload/horsecalc.html

·
Registered
143 Posts
No offense, but that will never see a sub 10 sec time. It will need a shot of n20 or a kick from god in the ass to do that.

That is good for its first outing. Sure there is more tuning and tweaking and just learning to ride it right and most importantly launch right. It will do 10.50's-10.70's when he is comfortable. :)

You are forgetting about the extra 2-300 lbs on the 9 vs the Busa.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts