M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone is having issues with their fuel rails after a long sit in storage with the 08-09's. I did a search and seen that was a common problem with the older 9's with the fuel rails leaking.
I am in Afgh right and my bike has be in storage for 5 months. My wife went to have it moved to a new house we are moving into and soon as it got switched on fuel started pouring out left side. Currently in the shop becasue its still under warranty. Waiting to see the real reason for the leak. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone with a newer model after fuel rail change?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I have an 08 that regularly sits dormant during winter for 4-5 months and never had a problem in 2 years. Sounds like your main hose that connects under the tnak is unplugged if it started leaking when switched on, because the fuel pump primes.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That or some little critter was burrowing or chomping on the rubber hoses.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mines a 06 -I did have the fuel rail recall even though I had no leaks prior, mine sets during the winter months Nov - Mar and never had any problem like your describing. I am pretty sure if the main fuel line leaving the tank isn't plugged it won't pump fuel out ...I may be wrong

·
Registered
738 Posts
Have you ever had the tank off?
Perhaps the fuel fitting wasn't pressed in all the way.

The quick coupling under the tank can be tricky for some. Once its locked though, its usually good to go... unless the fitting was fubar'ed somehow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuel leak

Wierd thing about the whole situation is before I stored it I went on a 200 mile roundtrip one last time before I deployed. Changed the oil and never took the tank off. The dealership is supposed to let me know tomorrow what they find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an 06, it is currently at my dealer for a fuel leak too. I had never had a problem before, bought it new, had the recall performed in 07, never had a leak. First time i got it out this year (in garage for winter) it was in driveway warming up, and it leaked all over the place. Should hear from the dealer next week what problem is. Sure glad i got the extended warranty...........Fuel is coming from under tank somewhere, drips down onto crank case between cylinders, thank god it didn't go up in flames.......have not had tank off in couple years either, i dunno wtf.....:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Maybe you have a little critter chewing and the fuel line? :dontknow: Keep us posted. Mine have been no problems since March of 06.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts