M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got back from a business trip yesterday afternoon and took the bike out for spin. The plan was my girlfriend was not expecting me back in town until tonight so I got in a day early and was going to take the bike over to her house and surprise her with the sweet sound of the Cobra Swept pipes.

Well there was change of plans about half way to her house. I was at an intersection in South St. Louis and I was behind a SUV at the stoplight. The light turned green and a car cut in front of the SUV to make an illegal left hand turn at the intersection. SUV slammed on his brakes when the lady made the turn and I did not have the distance or time to stop in time. Crunch! Wham-O! right into the back of the SUV. Bike went down and so did I. Got up picked up the bike rolled it out of the intersection to side of the road. The guy got out of his SUV and made sure I was ok told me not to worry about his bumper told me he was sorry for slamming on his brakes. I told him I was ok except my pride and the crying he hears is coming from my bike.

It was a slow speed crash and I am not hurt at all. I had helmet, gloves, boots, and jacket on and the only part that hurts today is my back is a bit tight and a bruise on my arm. I was able to ride it home but damage was done to the front wheel, front fender (100 pieces in the road), fender mount, headlight, pipes were scratched on the bottom and end cap for handle bars. I can't believe it did not do more damage to the bike!

Funny part of the story is the SUV I hit had an equal rights sticker (blue w/ yellow = sign) and a rainbow gay pride sticker on his back window. I bet he is telling everyone at work today that he got rear ended by big burley biker dude last night!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Funny part of the story is the SUV I hit had an equal rights sticker (blue w/ yellow = sign) and a rainbow gay pride sticker on his back window. I bet he is telling everyone at work today that he got rear ended by big burley biker dude last night!
I'm glad you and the bike weren't hurt too bad... But this quote made me laugh out loud for sure!

·
Registered
940 Posts
That's some bad luck, glad you did'nt get hurt. Inspect the frame for cracks.

I hope he did'nt do that on purpose just to meet you. :eek:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tips on the frame. What about the front tire or the forks? I am taking it to a dealer that has been around for a long time. They should be able to look it over for me correct?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thats 2 08 LEs down this week:eek:????? Hocus pocus - VOODOO:dontknow:.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH mighty motorcycle gods please protect me from any dangerrrrrrrrs .... BE GONE YELLOW HATERS!! BE GONE!!!:joke: TA-DA!!, I'm safe now.

Ride on....

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Wow, I don't know that I'd admit to slammin' into the ass of a gay guy! :redfaced:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

LMAO..........Everybody in the office looked at me funny when I busted out laughing for no apparent reason to them. :bigthumbsup:

I swear you have to be on FULL ALERT 100% of the time when your riding man & even then sometimes you can't win. Glad your ok, bike can be fixed for not much coin, just might want a new rim altogether however.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So when's your next date?

Gawd knows, with a 109'r just once is NEVER enough..... :a20:

Paul

·
Registered
485 Posts
Funny part of the story is the SUV I hit had an equal rights sticker (blue w/ yellow = sign) and a rainbow gay pride sticker on his back window. I bet he is telling everyone at work today that he got rear ended by big burley biker dude last night![/QUOTE]

Glad you're okay, but you know this line is HILLLLL-ARIOUS!!! :a20:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thats 2 08 LEs down this week:eek:????? Hocus pocus - VOODOO:dontknow:.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH mighty motorcycle gods please protect me from any dangerrrrrrrrs .... BE GONE YELLOW HATERS!! BE GONE!!!:joke: TA-DA!!, I'm safe now.

Ride on....
That would be 3 08 LE's down this week!

·
Registered
877 Posts
threw the whole thread was bummed 2 here it then this...:a20:
did u give him ur #...;)

·
Registered
561 Posts
You guys on Yellow bikes gettin' any kind of message here!!

But really...hope you get her and yourself up and going again soon.
It's weird I almost sent you the same message I sent to Nate about
Gio's Thursday night...but he texted me back saying his 08 LE had been hit...now you too. Sure am glad mines black.

Be well,
Jeff / Foo

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I hope if I ever lay mine down I can think of a way to make it funny. It's hard to feel sorry for you guys when I'm laughing. :clap2:

Hope you get it fixed soon bro, and I'm glad you rear ended him instead of him rear ending you. I hear there's a lot less pain and suffering that way. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bet he is telling everyone at work today that he got rear ended by big burley biker dude last night!
..... and I'm glad you rear ended him instead of him rear ending you. I hear there's a lot less pain and suffering that way. :D
:a20::clap2::a20::clap2:

I love the funny threads! :bigthumbsup: Glad you ok, and didn't have much damage.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I hope if I ever lay mine down I can think of a way to make it funny. It's hard to feel sorry for you guys when I'm laughing. :clap2:

Hope you get it fixed soon bro, and I'm glad you rear ended him instead of him rear ending you. I hear there's a lot less pain and suffering that way. :D
:agree:eek:r at least that is what I hear. Take care and get that 9 back out on the street. Ride safe!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts