M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the new part numbers for the 07 side metal engine covers? I would like to order them for my 06...

Thx!
MB

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spankster said:
from the website:

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accesso...tegoryId=c247b227-33ba-47f4-bd71-c34e7ce5c947

Billet Engine Cover - Boulevard Logo 990A0-75054 $99.95 Â

Billet Engine Cover - Milled 990A0-75055 $99.95 Â

Billet Engine Cover - M109R Logo, Milled 990A0-75056 $99.95 Â

Billet Engine Cover - M109R Logo, Flames 990A0-75057 $99.95 Â
Not the little round ones... The covers right behind there.... ummmm probably called umm engine drive cover maybe.....
I wanna get rid of the plastic just behind those...

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
all you're gonna do is add weight to the bike. They'll look exactly the same as the plastic pieces.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
BlkM109r said:
all you're gonna do is add weight to the bike. They'll look exactly the same as the plastic pieces.
Yea, you are right about that.............. but at my weight 10lbs here or the isn't gonna matter :p

I have not been able to find the part #s yet either.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Save the money and buy more mods that will make the bike. It will still be an 06 no matter what you do....but we are the originals out there

G

·
I checked on Alpha Sports website, but they don't have the parts fische up yet for the 07 or should I say the 06 1/2.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm going to share a little gem. As Bruno can attest to, when doing my makeover my paint guy instructed me to start wet sanding my air cleaner with 1200 paper to prep for paint. As I began to sand the shiny fake plastic "plome" as I call it, it transformed into a brushed aluminum look matching the risers and much more of the bike. I showed it to the guy and said "Check this out" and he nodded. I repeated "No, CHECK THIS THE F OUT". I took off the engine head caps and did the same to them. They look like REAL metal. They match the round brushed silver piece bolted over the tranny area. I was about to remove every piece I could and give the bike a brushed look,(I still might). I had the bike stripped to the frame at the time and was thinking Mad Max meets Silverstone. I decided to let cooler heads prevail and wait til the bike was all together and painted. My guy just shook his head and called me "Fearless". Long story short, If you start with the headcaps you wont be sorry. You'll probably do the ridiculous air caps once your confident. This is an awesome bike but the plethora of plastic makes sense of the reasonable purchase price. That is why I was driven to replace the light, gauge console and tach. It embarrassed me when I looked at the finish of a new V-Rod. It made me feel I was in a rented tux.
Instead of everyone getting pissy and calling me a traitor, as those intimidated by the unknown or change, why don't one of you just try one engine cap and thank me for a great secret.
I've designed many things from businesses to homes to award winning pools and have been published dozens of times. My creativity, balls and breaking away from the status quo have always been one of the common denominators.
A plastic scouring pad helps get in-between the crevice's after starting with wet 1200 paper. Go one direction for uniformity. Obviously if you go hog wild for too long you'll go through but there's PLENTY of finish before that could happen.
Set sail, I promise you wont fall off the edge.

G

·
I noticed the exile look and commented on it. Still have yet to try it on mine. I do think it is one of the things I need to do to complete the look I am going after. 1200 grit, wet or dry? How did you take off the head caps? Do they just unsnap or something?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Moonbaby said:
Not the little round ones... The covers right behind there.... ummmm probably called umm engine drive cover maybe.....
I wanna get rid of the plastic just behind those...
Drive shaft covers maybe ? the black ones .. i forgot where if you do mean those but i saw some chromed ones on a mod somewhere ill try to find it again if this is what your asking about :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
toneout said:
I noticed the exile look and commented on it. Still have yet to try it on mine. I do think it is one of the things I need to do to complete the look I am going after. 1200 grit, wet or dry? How did you take off the head caps? Do they just unsnap or something?
They pull off and plug on. Wet sand with 1200 east-west to produce correct grain. Get a synthetic pot and pan scrub pad to get in between and help blend

·
Registered
343 Posts
BlkM109r said:
That's an easy fix. Stop drinking beer and you'll lose 10 lbs in a few weeks. Now you're back to stock 06/rider weight ratio. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
My dealer replaced the left side cover that got scratched when they overfilled it ,, I asked about getting the 07 cover as it was metal and he said he would try . He called back and said that he could'nt get any 07 parts yet . Maybe I should have just waited but I told him to go ahead and get the 06 one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Do you think that would make the warehouse ship what it doesn't have any faster?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts