M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks bud, I’m a hands on kind of person and never had much luck at trying to understand schematics. Everything I’ve learned about mechanics in my 49 years has all been self taught. I very much appreciate everyone’s input and assistance. I’m going to have Phat Alice running today one way or another. I’ll let everyone know just as soon as I do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can someone help me with this: There is a yellow "by pass" botton on the left side above the horn and the turn lights commands. What is that for ?...Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That button turns on your high beam "ON" momentarily..
Thanks for getting back so quick. . In other words, it will do the same as turning the high beams manually but this button allow it to temporary be on then it turns off itself automatically...Hmm!..interesting. Thanks again!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,042 Posts
Thanks for getting back so quick. . In other words, it will do the same as turning the high beams manually but this button allow it to temporary be on then it turns off itself automatically...Hmm!..interesting. Thanks again!
It's called a Flash to Pass button,, you tap it when you pull out to pass someone to get their attention.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes exactly, it’s to “flash” the high beams, kinda helpful at times

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok everyone, the great mystery has been Scooby Doo’d and I figured it all out. It was those medaling kids! Seriously though, it was the key switch. I sprayed it off with some CRC electronic cleaner, hooked it back up and all is good. Thanks for all the help and input from everyone. I’m glad to see there are still others like me out there that want to help fellow human two wheeled dare devils

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,651 Posts
Ok everyone, the great mystery has been Scooby Doo’d and I figured it all out. It was those medaling kids! Seriously though, it was the key switch. I sprayed it off with some CRC electronic cleaner, hooked it back up and all is good. Thanks for all the help and input from everyone. I’m glad to see there are still others like me out there that want to help fellow human two wheeled dare devils
(y) 🍻

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,042 Posts
it was the key switch. I sprayed it off with some CRC electronic cleaner, hooked it back up and all is good.
I'm really glad you posted back on the solution. I would never have guessed that dirty contacts in the switch would be causing it, and I'm sure as more and more of these get more miles and age it will show up on someone else's bike. I've sure never heard it causing that specific problem.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts