M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought my 9 this past saturday, went out today and progressively over an hours time I went to having clutch to no clutch. I ran both adjustments all the way in and out and nothing worked any Ideas

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Check the cable at both ends and see if it's broke. If it's not, then your clutch hub nut has come loose. It's not hard to fix, you have to remove the right side cover over the clutch, pull the basket, and tighten the large nut at the bottom after adding some locktite to it.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Check the cable at both ends and see if it's broke. If it's not, then your clutch hub nut has come loose. It's not hard to fix, you have to remove the right side cover over the clutch, pull the basket, and tighten the large nut at the bottom after adding some locktite to it.
:agree:

Q: How do fix the clutch sleeve hub nut?
A: Loose clutch nut repair by Listan1

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:doh:Thanks alot guys I pulled the clutch pack out today, Was bone dry, so I soaked them in oil and reinstalled. I thought maybe the pack was sticking as I also heard happens. put it all back together and still no clutch. Guess Im taking it back apart tomorrow to check that tube nut. Will update you guys with good news hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks again

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:beer2:Well guys everything worked out perfectly. That tube nut was definitaly loose and she shifts alot better now too. Thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
497 Posts
ya gota love this site everyone is so helpful

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Glad that was it bro, and sorry you had to take it apart twice to find it. But as long as it's working now it's all good. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just wanted to give you guys a update. Did just over 400 miles on saturday with no problems at all. She's running like a raped date and the clutch is perfect. Next on the adjenda, cbr's shift fix.
Thanks to all for the help.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
be thankful you could do the work , could you imahgine if you took it to the dealer twice

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
be thankful you could do the work , could you imahgine if you took it to the dealer twice
I know,I guess all them years of owning gsxrs and building 2 of them from scratch really paid off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts