M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just purchased a 06 rocket 3 and is deadset on taking me on for a race. Do you think my bike with just cobra dragsters can beat the rocket?  All things equal, both drivers are equivalent in skill!?  Their bike does have 147bhp W/ 140 torque @ 756 lbs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nope, there is a reason it's called the rocket. It's ugly as sin, but it flies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would love to hear the outcome. I believe I read somewhere that the Rocket III runs an 11.4 quarter and the M109R runs an 11.6 quarter. Let me know.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The Rocket doesn't look all that bad...up until you see that ugly headlight setup. Yuck! Then again, that's what some are saying about the 109, but I love it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Go race him and let us know. Your prob gonna loose but it will still be fun.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Aussie109 said:
Save fuel and watch this video
If a Rocket III was beatable Lamonster would've done it
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3071.0
Not any more, Lamont will loose. ::) Did you guys see Lamont's new numbers on the Dyno. He was running really rich in that video. I still like to see a stock one against a stock one. :bigthumbsup:

~L

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Kinda hope they bring out a more Sport-Cruiser style Rocket and less classic and touring style :bigthumbsup:............. :duck:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
LeeJay said:
My friend just purchased a 06 rocket 3 and is deadset on taking me on for a race. Do you think my bike with just cobra dragsters can beat the rocket? All things equal, both drivers are equivalent in skill!? Their bike does have 147bhp W/ 140 torque @ 756 lbs.
It's faster but not by much. :evil:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've seen a couple Rockets going down the road and in motion they don't look so bad, but standing still is another story. The 109 on the other hand looks good either way. Has anyone here ridden the Rocket? I wonder if you can feel the engine torquing the bike over when you twist the throttle like you can on the Motoguzzi's.

G

·
LeeJay said:
My friend just purchased a 06 rocket 3 and is deadset on taking me on for a race. Do you think my bike with just cobra dragsters can beat the rocket? All things equal, both drivers are equivalent in skill!? Their bike does have 147bhp W/ 140 torque @ 756 lbs.
you will lose but you have extra $$$ and chicks like the m109.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
J R said:
I bet with your bike the way its set up now it may be a different story??? What do you think Lamont did ya gain enough to get by him ya think???? I knows he,s your buddy and all but I think he needs to taste a little of the old bog air kit and powercomander :p What do you think :super:
But what if the guy on the Rocket 3 done some mods ? Wasn't the Rocket 3 to be the Hayabusa
killer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The stock Rocket puts out about 132 rwhp. Plenty blokes getting around 150hp with simple intake exhaust mods. Even a few turboed out there with 265 rwhp and over 400nm of torque and they handle pretty good too. You are never going to blow a Rocket straight line or corners. But the M109 is certainly more pleasing to the eye.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.