M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm posting this here because I feel you guys need this kind of information! I'm quoting myself because I can! :D

Okay...

My bike was a "RED" '07 with zero miles when I purchased it. Now I have well over 37,000 miles on it and climbing!

Yes...I have had my share of troubles with my bike like it rolling off the kickstand denting my tank, broken turnsignal, bent shifter, also stuff happening like the fuel strainer clogging, clutch hub nut coming loose, had a tiny leak at the rear hub, chunk out of my rear rim from a jumbo rock, and my rear rotor is now coming loose. If I could buy another M109R knowing I could run into these issues again? I say..."Hell Yeah!"

I accept my bike for what it is! Its all mine!

Alright, my bike has had issues for sure....Big deal! So what?

If it was not for this forum, sponsors and the most awesome people here, I would have been totally out of luck, great friends and a heaping mound of unnecessary money toward repairs! I have traveled well, seen amazing sights, represented freedom, turned heads, scraped pegs, disturbed quiet neighborhoods, broke hearts, burned rubber, lost a cell phone at 140mph, got flashed more than my Harley buddies, "Debeavered!", rode it like I stole it, got my lean on, spent extreme lengths of time at the gas pump answering questions, burned holes in my pockets, ride a piece of rolling artwork, got some sweet photos in my album(babes), enhanced my self esteem, got bit by the mod bug, also had some of the best experiences in my life because of my bike. I really look forward to many more years packed with exciting experiences because of my Suzuki M109R!

-Cameron C. (posted in "m109worries")

-Cameron C.
A.K.A. Your Hero

·
Registered
439 Posts
Good on ya mate me an the wife feel the same as you ,have not done the same milage thro.Seen some great places an meet some really nice people,touch wood cause have'nt had any problem with my bike.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
One of the best things I have discovered about this bike is whenever you go for a ride, no matter where you go, people will look and always admire your bike! It stands out from the crowd of other bikes! It is worth dealing with the problems because the pride and ownership of the custom mods make it unique. The friendships built through the website are also a HUGE benefit. My bike is special to me and even when some harley dude says its a jap bike, I still know it is better than HIS!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
NO YOUR WRONG! This bike sucks, and I may never ride it again.:joke: Ya right.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You know to some its just a bike to others its a hobby , a passion , or an obsession! If your on one end or the other its hard to understand the obsession or the lack there of!! This is why i love this forum where its sooo much more then "just a bike" For me its hard to see people on such a machine and not understand the brotherhood behind it. I have met many 9's here and there that just ride and thats it. I'm so glad I was introduced to such a great group that feels the same passion as I do!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I honestly have more people come up to me and give me compliments about my bike way more than any of my buddies and their HDs or yamahaa and hondas. Pisses them off to no end and I love it! Its not a hobbie anymore its a lifestyle! Cant wait to do more and ride more..:bow:m109

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
:agree: I also have a Red 07 with just over 35,000 miles. Have only had a clutch cable 27,000 and just replaced the rear brakes. YES would do it all over again :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
800 Posts
And all this time I thought it was me!!!
Well said and one other thought it's the group that comes with the bike... In the last 2 years I have ridden more than the last 35 years and really it the people!! Great people mixed with the Great Northwest......

Thank You.......:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
:agree:with everything most have said. The bike is great, but the friends that I have meet because of this bike, and this site are the best:bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
364 Posts
reviving this thread

excellent write ups from all of you esp Cameron!

Being new to this site I spend a fair bit of time lurking about to try and learn as much as I can about this new obsession and its nice to finally meet a bunch of guys who feel the way I feel about it!!

Not since my '86 Gixxer days back in the early 90's have I run into folks that are this passionate about our 'hobby' and I am glad to be here and be able to be a part of it.

My entry back into riding again (early last year) was with the purchase and modification of my VTX and I have to admit that I was unable to find the same passion about bike as there is about the 9. Interesting how metal plastic and rubber can move the soul. Thanks for this thread and thanks for your participation in making this community what it is!

·
Registered
169 Posts
One of the best things I have discovered about this bike is whenever you go for a ride, no matter where you go, people will look and always admire your bike! It stands out from the crowd of other bikes! It is worth dealing with the problems because the pride and ownership of the custom mods make it unique. The friendships built through the website are also a HUGE benefit. My bike is special to me and even when some harley dude says its a jap bike, I still know it is better than HIS!!! :bigthumbsup:
I aggree with you 100%. I have alot of friends that own harleys and they have had alot of problems. They bug me all the time and call me a want be harley owner. If I wanted an hd I would have bought one. I really like my 9 and would never consider getting rid of it. The m109r is a muscle bike and it doe's stand out of the crowd. Drive what ever makes you happy.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Good on you, Cameron, that's straight from the heart! However, I was a little disappointed that you didn't share how you get all them hot lookin' babes to pose with your bike. :joke:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.