no start!! fault code C23, F1 light lit

Thread: no start!! fault code C23, F1 light lit

Very Active Member

Default no start!! fault code C23, F1 light lit

Hi all,

Sorry I've been away so long. I've got a no start condition. The bike cranks but it won't catch. F1 (FI) light is displayed on display and after finding the procedure in here to extract codes I found fault code C23 (tip sensor?). Any ideas?? Battery is fully charged, you can here the fuel pump run and the set valve move...If I play with the starter and crank for short bursts it starts and stalls immediately. HELP!! :(
    Violet Blue M109R owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: no start!! fault code C23, F1 light lit

Quote Originally Posted by brbluetele
    Hi all,

Sorry I've been away so long. I've got a no start condition. The bike cranks but it won't catch. F1 (FI) light is displayed on display and after finding the procedure in here to extract codes I found fault code C23 (tip sensor?). Any ideas?? Battery is fully charged, you can here the fuel pump run and the set valve move...If I play with the starter and crank for short bursts it starts and stalls immediately. HELP!! :(
    C23 is (p1651-H/L) to sensor circuit malfunction. It is on page 5-54 in the service manual. I fo not have a scanner so I can not post it. A service manual is your best friend and the best $75 you will ever spend. It keeps paying you back again and again and again. Good luck.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback
    C23 is (p1651-H?L) to sensor circuit malfunction. It is on page 5-54 in the service manual. I fo not have a scanner so I can not post it. A service manual is your best friend and the best $758 you will ever spend. It keeps paying you back again and again and again. Good luck.
    Ryan 758 bucks for a service manual.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lostrider
    Ryan 758 bucks for a service manual.
    Fat fingers what can I say.

CLICK HERE

I looked this up for another rider with the same problem, and the check procedure is 4 pages long in the manual. The TO sensor is located, according to the pictures in the manual, behind the right side cover and in front of the battery box. According to the picture, if you pulled the side cover off it would be the sensor sitting right in front of you with what looks like a 6 pin connector on it.

If you've done anything under that cover, such as adding a Stebel horn, I'd check the connector and see if it's tight. The manual says to pull the tank to check it, but I'm not sure why if the picture is correct.

Zoom, it was for the same person, he just posted in two sections.
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom
    I looked this up for another rider with the same problem, and the check procedure is 4 pages long in the manual. The TO sensor is located, according to the pictures in the manual, behind the right side cover and in front of the battery box. According to the picture, if you pulled the side cover off it would be the sensor sitting right in front of you with what looks like a 6 pin connector on it.

If you've done anything under that cover, such as adding a Stebel horn, I'd check the connector and see if it's tight. The manual says to pull the tank to check it, but I'm not sure why if the picture is correct.

You also want to make sure that all of those little box's are attached to the metal bracket, using the rubber tab on each box ( does that make sense? ). When I had all my stuff tore apart, and after putting stuff back together, I also got that same code. I ( like a dumb-azz ) put that tip sensor box in upside down, so the bike has showing that the damn thing was sitting on its handlebars, and cut off the fuel pump. I will go try and scan some pictures of my manual for you!!!

I have been having trouble getting my scanner to work. Maybe someone else can try to post some pics. of the pages. Thanks & Sorry! GOOD LUCK

Very Active Member

Zoom,

Thanks for the info and thanks to you I found the problem. I had already removed the fuel tank following my dealers suspicion as to where the Tip Sensor was but the sensor is located right in front of the battery box and removal of the right side cover is all that is necessary. It seems I may have a problem with rodents liking my bike as well as I do. The wires for the sensor were chewed off right at the plug. It is a 6 pin connector with 3 wires in it. Now the job at hand is the repair. Thank you for your help...it led me right to the problem. Hats off.
    Violet Blue M109R owner

Very Active Member

Zoom, it was for the same person, he just posted in two sections.
    Yes I did. Sorry. Rynos we got to get together. We live so near each other and I would really like to meet you. Maybe soon...

Bob
    Violet Blue M109R owner

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAT's 109
    I have been having trouble getting my scanner to work. Maybe someone else can try to post some pics. of the pages. Thanks & Sorry! GOOD LUCK
    Rats,

Thanks for the response...
    Violet Blue M109R owner

Yes I did. Sorry. Rynos we got to get together. We live so near each other and I would really like to meet you. Maybe soon...

Bob
    August 1st there is a big meet. Kind of shocked that we have not met on any rides as of yet. Sorry to here about those pesty critters eating your wires. I had the same problem with the RV. Squirrels have eaten the main harness twice now.
    CLICK HERE

Very Active Member

August 1st there is a big meet. Kind of shocked that we have not met on any rides as of yet. Sorry to here about those pesty critters eating your wires. I had the same problem with the RV. Squirrels have eaten the main harness twice now.
    Is there a link for the ride? I want to go...
    Violet Blue M109R owner

CALLING ALL "BOULEVARDS" TO "THE BOULEVARD" TAKE 2, August 1st
    https://www.m109riders.com/forum/inde...ic,34224.0.htm

The link is in my signature to. I am going to change them when new rides come up.
    CLICK HERE

Zoom,

Thanks for the info and thanks to you I found the problem. I had already removed the fuel tank following my dealers suspicion as to where the Tip Sensor was but the sensor is located right in front of the battery box and removal of the right side cover is all that is necessary. It seems I may have a problem with rodents liking my bike as well as I do. The wires for the sensor were chewed off right at the plug. It is a 6 pin connector with 3 wires in it. Now the job at hand is the repair. Thank you for your help...it led me right to the problem. Hats off.
    Great, glad you found it but I'm sorry to hear about them being chewed up. If it makes you feel better, there's been a few folks on here that have had their wires chewed up.

I guess Suzuki uses that expensive sweet copper in these wires.

I guess Suzuki uses that expensive sweet copper in these wires.
    [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by brbluetele View Post
    Zoom,

This right here is why I love the forums. The collective knowledge and experience is invaluable