M109 Rider Forums banner

Toilet Bowl "Bling" Key Mod

25K views 71 replies 51 participants last post by  Packer Backer 
#1 ·
2 Pack of Decrative "Chrome" Toilet Bowl Caps $ 4.58 @ Lowes

1 Package of Quickset Epoxy $2.97 @ Lowes

1 spare key cut at local hardware store $2.50
- I took it to the grinder to shape it a little to fit in the cap

1 NEW Chrome Bling Key Mod - PRICELESS (well under $10)

The key works in all spots... gas cap, seat removal, fork lock. The only thing it doesn't do is the turn the key all the way back so the tail light is on thingy... I never used that anyway.

P.S.
This mod was done by another local Northwest 9'er, but didn't want to do the post. So he deserves the credit and can come forward to claim responsibility. :bigthumbsup:

Happy 4th Everyone!

See less See more
#12 ·
What a crappy er... uh... crapper... mod. :joke: :joke: :joke:

Sorry, had to. I like it, just wondering how it'd feel in my pocket when I park the 9er, and for that matter, I don't really ever park it with the key in it, so don't know if I'd do it myself. Cool idea though.

#16 ·
Just did this with both caps that came in package..sweet easy mod thanks I was going to use my old grip caps but this one looks better on the bike IMO

#17 ·
Sweet MOD Dogg very clean look.:congrats:

#18 ·
DOES IT MAKE A FLUSHING SOUND WHEN YOU START YOUR BIKE ? :joke:

#21 ·
This mod not recomended for Harleys, possibility of leakage.

#26 ·
Any mod that I can say has the word "Toilet" in it is worth doing and bragging about :D

"Look honey, I did the toilet mod on my bike!" :clap2:

#30 ·
Once I saw this thread, and this one:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179667

I knew I was going to have to do it.

O.K., she needs a wash and the new key is cleaner than the bike, but it's been raining, and I've been riding ;)

Lowes chrome toilet caps $4.79, a few duplicates from local shop @ $3.50/each, LocTite $4.79, Home Depot mailbox lock with keyhole end jigsawed off $7.90, and an hour later:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.