Seeking Other Semi-Aggressive Riders

Thread: Seeking Other Semi-Aggressive Riders

Default Seeking Other Semi-Aggressive Riders

Cruising and sight-seeing is great for some, but when I get on the Ol' 9, she ain't in the mood for sight-seein. I like taking the twisties hard and the straighaways triple digits. If this kinda riding appeals to you, get with me. My idea of a ride is starting outta Hot Springs and see how fast I can get up Hwy 7 to Ola. Safe and within my own limits. I do not endanger others and I enjoy riding with more advanced riders so that I can learn new tricks and improve my over-all abilities. I ride to RIDE, not bar-hop. I stop for Gas, Restroom breaks, cigars and occasional food. I do not drink alcohol or do drugs. I get high riding my M109 and seeing all the great scenery in the Mountains. I am off this saturday and Sunday and can be spotted anywhere in Arkansas where there are twisties or intresting roads I haven't traveled yet (there are few).......Saddle Up Boys! K-dog
    2007 109SE, V/H,PCIII,JSDMIII,Holley Intakes, Swing Pegs,Sport Sheild,, CycleHouse Points, Iso Grips, Lizzard Lights, Chrome Flag Poles,chrome swing arm cover, chrome shaft cover,SS Braided Cables, 107db Horn, cobra Bungee Points, ISO Grips,Throttle Boss,Biker&#39;s Friend Large Bag, w/ lumbar support.<br />2001 Intruder 800<br />Suzuki Aerio (cage)

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

chadrob30

Default Re: Seeking Other Semi-Aggressive Riders

Sounds like you would've fit right in at 3DDIM2. You need to hook up and ride with Jutah some time.

yeah, I can tell Jutah is the man! I wanted sooooooo bad to make it to Eureka and was planning on being there but as plans usually go, I HAD to work that entire weekend. I will ride with anyone but like I said, I tend to wanna travel fairly quickly. Sometimes I ride with my hardley boys and they just kinda let me go and then I wait for them down the road. Gives me time to smoke a cigarette while waiting, lol... I will say one thing about this 109-----DAMN! It is the best balanced bike of it's size I have ever had the pleasure of riding. I LOVE THIS BIKE! Happy Riding! :) kdog
    2007 109SE, V/H,PCIII,JSDMIII,Holley Intakes, Swing Pegs,Sport Sheild,, CycleHouse Points, Iso Grips, Lizzard Lights, Chrome Flag Poles,chrome swing arm cover, chrome shaft cover,SS Braided Cables, 107db Horn, cobra Bungee Points, ISO Grips,Throttle Boss,Biker&#39;s Friend Large Bag, w/ lumbar support.<br />2001 Intruder 800<br />Suzuki Aerio (cage)

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

chadrob30

Yea man, we were wondering if you were in ES or not. We knew you were going to stay at a campground, but really didn't know when you'd show up. There's always next year!

Very Active Member

I'll be spending the week leading into BB&BBQ in North-western Arkansas. I'm pretty sure that I don't really qualify as a "more advanced rider", but I can keep up with some of the faster guys. I'll mostly be taking it easy during that week because I "DO" want to sightsee a little bit during that week. But, there will be times when I want to run it hard and see what I can actually do. I plan on taking the pig trail again (this time "WITH" a clutch cable) and also plan on running the Arkansas Dragon since it was raining and the crew that I was with chose not to in the rain (I was leaning VERY heavily towards NOT taking it in the rain too!). I am far from an expert on any of the roads down there, but I'm getting to where I know where I'm going a good deal of the time without looking at any map or GPS.

As time gets closer, shoot me a PM and perhaps we can let the beasts do a little hunting!
    The wind is adjustable, right hand I think. ~Jazzster
    I heard that they made that idiot proof!
    I see that you've proven them wrong once again!

cool deal man. I love to ride. Show ya some sites too...Just don't blink, lol......Kdog

Hay Kdog glad to see you out there . I road with you back in the spring . I had the 07 le. my brother road the vtx 1800 f, Mike the suzuki mec. had the black 9. we were talking earlyer about riding tomarrow. But me may not be fast enough. 6/8/08 am
    07 109 LE&nbsp; debaffeled jsd3m&nbsp; &nbsp; GLENWOOD AR.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kdog
    cool deal man. I love to ride. Show ya some sites too...Just don't blink, lol......Kdog
    Man you need to hook up with some of the Northside Riders out of Ft Smith..some of them slow down to under 100mph while filling with fuel.

I used to live in Oklahoma and Id be in for sure, but Im out on the east coat now.. id love gto find some riders like that out here too..

99% harleys out here
    Semper Fidelis - My bike is still under contruction!!

Cobro 109---LMAO!!!!! You so funny......You boys are just the kind I like to ride with! Ya'll don't play either.......I'm ready to ride....maybe this Sunday! I've been working every weekend dammit so I have been having tp pick a little here and there. I'm off tommorrow and Wednesday so prolly have to ride alone but that aint stopped me yet ..... I'll ride with ya'll anytime. kevin

not too agressive here, i tend to keep he bike under 7400 rpm's and under 145 mph. my typical riding buddies tend to ride hyabusa's, gsxr 1000, and a new 08 r6. so they are known for keeping it around the spped limit. not. but you otta ride up to centerville and run your bike one weekend. its a blast if you are into tat kinda thing. may be too aggressive type of riding for ya though. just kidding.

kdog we may ride farthers day ,not sure, If so are you game? I have a friend that just bought a new victory.we are going to see what it is made of. bet it cant cut it. what do you think?

on the victory, i doubt it but ya never know.......i'm off saturday the 21st.....let me know....:)

Kdog we will ride again the 22nd God willing. I saw your statement about selling out ? dude , you are confusing me.

Confusing You?? SHeeeeat! I baffle the out myself constantly.....My mind is a dangerous place to visit.....I try to stay out of there as much as possible.....I'm gonna get another Sunday off soon and we're gonna tear up some rubber and twisties! Peace....Kdog

I rode down to your neck of the woods last night... left Fayetteville around 5pm and got to Hot Springs around 7:30, including a gas stop. And the traffic getting through Russellville easily cost me 10 to 15 minutes. (anyone who's ever made that 185 mile ride, through mostly twisties, can appreciate the accomplishment)

Left hot springs around 9pm and got home at 12:15am (Hard as hell to ride aggresive twisties in the dark, and had to stop once for gas and a second time to clean bugs off my face shield so I could see again).

Next time I'm headed your way I'll drop you a line.
    I might be able to keep up...

If not, then I'll just ride the B-King down to ride with ya... as long as you promise not to wreck trying to follow me on the 109.

Did I just read another thread where you were talking about ditching the 109 for a C109 or Spyder? For the type of riding you like, aren't you going the wrong way on bike choices? (that was why I bought the B-King... I got tired of Scraping Pipes, Peg mounting Brackets / Bolts, and the frame of the bike.)

Also, Greg and Ctatyk are both pretty big dudes, but somehow they ride the piss out of the 109. They can probably entertain you pretty well... Greg is somewhat local to you... Kind of...

semi-aggressive damn it!!!! lol......that WAS a great ride you must have had....Wow! You werent playing......Like I said, the reasons I like semi to aggessive riders is to LEARN from them. I am a wanna-be and when I ride with riders such as yourself, I learn alot by watching and listening to you. I guess you could say I am an apprentice but I DO ride as aggressive as my skills allow...I wanna be all out SKILLED aggressive. I love it fast and hard, but I digress, lol...The way my schedule is, I am lef tot riding alone alot, which aint that bad. The ONLY reason that I am trying to sell my 109 is MONEY----I am in abit of a bind and am looking to pay down some debt. If I dont sell it, I will live VERY conservatively until November when I should recieve a nice chunk of change. If I don't sell it, that would actually be very cool because I am honestly totally head over hills in love with this bike! Only reason that I like the c109 is wind protection and storage...I had beetle bags on my VTX and they are "all right" but you really can't put much in it. I wanna do the west coast trip and the Alaska ride and I'm gonna need a bit more storage....I can't wait to ride with you Nor westners! Kdog

I just bought a set of Cortech "Sport-Tech" throwover saddle bags and tail Bag for my B-King. I decided to use them on the 109 for a trip I took out to the Deals gap area... they actually hold quite a bit of crap.

Here is my touring gear... I can easily do a 2 week trip with this setup.
    Top Pic is a tank bag (14Litre)
    Center pic is the saddle bags that are expandable
    The bottom pic is a tailbag that attaches on top of the saddle bags(Im still waiting for it to come in)

As far as wind protection... on the 109 it's not THAT bad. If you like riding aggresive corners it would be a mistake to switch out to the C109. Just get the stuff you need to use the 109 for that occasional trip.

The bike you own should be what you love for the MAJORITY of your riding... not the occasional exception.

Next time I'm headed down your way I'll bring the 9 and drop you a PM. We can go tearing around for a while.

don't forget about me, i 'll meet yall halfway!

thanks man...I am diggin those bags man,,,, i think you have a some great points there. I do really love this bike more than any I have ever owned. I DO however, wanna ride a BKING---that look is really growing on me. I am also obligated to try out a spyder cause....well.....it's that darn Lamont! I seem to follow him on his bike purchases.....He's actually the main reason I went from VTX to 109.....I have alot of respect for his opinions.....Okay, Im just gonna have to chilll and stay broke until November...At least my 109 is paid for.....Kdog

Default Ride this Saturday

Hey guys... we are planning a group get together / ride this Saturday from Fayetteville down to the Talemina trail and I wanted to send you an invite...

The thread is here.
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101055

K-Dog... here is your chance to ride with some semi aggresive riders...

Bumparoonie!!