M109 Rider Forums banner

clutch issues 07 SUZUKI BLVD M109R

10K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  08nikki 
#1 ·
clutch went out so went to dealer--dealer fixed clutch bike issue so they say. tech did test drive and the bike sounded normal. left there with bike - bike would not go over 70 with throttle wide open. pulled over, bike making knocking,clanging noises--shut bike off-tried to crank it again engine would turn over but still the noises---back to dealer---thinks metal teeth may have gotten in engine--they are now consulting suzuki to see if this has happened before--maybe now they need to do engine work? this bike still under warranty--should i just ask for a new bike and how do i go about doing that??? FYI: 2600 miles

#3 ·
That's the first time I've heard of the clutch causing any mechanical problems with the engine. Usually it's the tube nut that backs off and you can't disengage the clutch. We fix it by tightening the nut, the dealer fixes it by replacing the entire clutch basket.

I don't see how it would do what you are describing from replacing the clutch, unless they put something back together wrong. It definitely shouldn't have kept the bike from going over 70 mph if done correctly.

Interested in seeing what they find on this.

#4 ·
What would worry me is you went from having a bike that ran well until having clutch problems. They FIXED it and now it sounds bad and runs very poorly. I would feel a bit spooked knowing the same shop was going to try to FIX it again if a replacement isn't arranged. I would demand to know what is actually wrong and not let them talk over my head. It is a machine and people make mistakes while working on them.Although,they may have put you in some danger and they need to know you are aware of what problems they could have caused. No damage, no lawsuit but it is a heads up at any rate. Goodluck.
deadlift

#6 ·
My deepest condolences.

They won't give you a new bike. Sadly, they will jerk you around and spend 3 months fixing the bike.

Not that Suzuki's bad - it's just how these things seem to work - unless you have an awesome dealer.

#8 ·
Check your exact recourse of the "lemon laws" in your state and start the procedure right NOW! I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for a dealers competence,nor be bounced back and forth between the manufacturer and the dealer for a problem that could have been caused by either. If you follow the rules for the lemon law and they don't comply to the law they will at least have to buy the bike back from you at book value less mileage. At the very least they will be under the pressure to get this done right and quickly as this will be a black mark on the dealership. Good Luck! :bigthumbsup:

#9 ·
clutch failure. Shards possibly in engine.

Hey, I know this is an old post, but it's the closest thing I can find to the issues I am having. Did you ever get a response from Suzuki about this? My clutch completely failed and the mechanic found the clutch plates were busted and broken. He thinks there are shards in the engine because he can't find them anywhere. I will probably have to get a new bike, and am heartbroken over this.. Just looking for some guidance about why this happened. TYIA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.