M109 Rider Forums banner

BEST MODS FOR THE MONEY, BANG FOR THE BUCK, a MUST read for new owners

129K views 101 replies 43 participants last post by  Luap 
#1 · (Edited)
I am breaking these down into categories. Some of these fit into more then one category. All prices were priced on 4/17/08 and subject to change. :D Items or purchases over $200 get free shipping. Subject to change

Sorry, I just could not resist slipping in the disclaimers. :D

There are many do it your self mods that cost little to NO money. They can be found here
https://www.m109riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99

1. Adjust the rear brake pedal.

2. Throttle lock- cruise control

3. De baffling your pipes/to get a louder sound
Just a note he also drilled the outer back plate with 8 holes. Also one thing that he did not say to do, would be to shoot a little high temp black paint into the pipes to lightly coat the raw metal that was just exposed to keep it from rusting.

4. Don't throw away your grip end caps/ key and rear axle mod.

Another take on the above link

Another use for the end cap. Oil Dip stick cover

5. cutting the beaver

6. Chrome grill Mod

Mirror extension mod I did mine for $10

The MUST mod to get

A service manual $89.99

SAFETY

1. Stebel air horn $28.99

2. Plug & Play harness for the Stebel $61.00 shipped anywhere in Continental US. I ship globally, contact me for a quote. Comes with pictured install directions in PDF form.

l
3. Custom HID kits from A&R Motorsports, http://aandrmotorsport.com/store/$55 - $90 shipped within the continental US.
Tell Rob that you are with the M109 group buy.

A ton of info in this thread, but with higher pricing.

Another popular HID kit is this one also. CLICK HERE

4. Brake light signal modulator $39.95
OR
More advanced speed censored brake module
$59.95

5.Front SS brake lines $108.72 and just looks better

6. Rear SS brake line $60.27 and just looks better

Performance

1. Gear Emulators (ATRE) $30

OR

GI-Pro
(the Gi-Pro has a gear indicator) $159.95

Gear Emulators (ATRE) with gear display $93

Mounting bracket $12.00

2. K&N air filters $79.95

3. Ducks air mod. Get a custom look and a boost in performance in one swoop. $250 and up

4. Shift kit EVOS93 $169.97

Other intake kits, pipes and fuel management systems will very on preference and rider style.

Comfort

1. Suzuki gel seats $209.95 Pick your style and if you want to be closer or further back.

Then you get into grips, pegs and handle bar pullbacks, back rests. Rider preference on style and feel.

Bling

1. I would have to say bang for the buck that a derby cover is a great mod. Most are under $100

2. Changing the color of your lighting in the tach and speedo. $75, price on post 27.
https://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152172

3. A custom speedo back round plates, RIP Joe and many thanks for all of the cool plates you made for us over the years.

New vendor on speedo plates. $55 https://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165860&page=2

4. Engine guards $169.95 and safety to help save your body work if the bike goes down.

5. Chromed Radiator grill Use the trim for trucks.

6. Chrome bolt inserts on the riser caps. CLICK HERE

Skies the limit here and is rider preference.

Chromers
Chip Simmons of Simmonsmotorworks has the best reputation on the board.

GREAT LINKS

Parts :
For seeing part explosions and for buying OE parts. They do not sell the parts at the same price , so I would look at them all.

1. Oneida Suzuki

2. Babbitts

3. Alpha Sports

4. Ron Ayers

5. Action Parts

6. PartShark

General links

Frequently asked questions thread

How to ignore a member on the forum.

If you have other suggestions or ratings of items, please feel free to comment. Or if you find that the prices have gone up or down, please feel free to post it up or PM me, so I can get it changed.

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Best mods for the money, a MUST read for new owners

He started on Monday, didn't you get the memo? :D

I guess I better get out the visa, because I only have 2 things on that list

#8 ·

godzuki said:
Ryan, you may want to add pegs and grip changes to your list - made a big difference to my riding

.Godzuki
They are listed on there. Just no link because there is a lot to choose from. And it would be the riders preference.

#12 ·

I think it's a great list. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

On the shift kit, mine says EVOS95 on the box instead of S93, and it's also what's listed on Factory Pro's website. I think DLP has it wrong. :doorag:

#13 ·

Zoom said:
I think it's a great list. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

On the shift kit, mine says EVOS95 on the box instead of S93, and it's also what's listed on Factory Pro's website. I think DLP has it wrong. :doorag:
:dontknow: They may have changed the number for just for 9's. No arm, but not a lower price. The link below is right to DLP's site on the only shift kit listed.

#14 ·

rynosback said:
:dontknow: They may have changed the number for just for 9's. No arm, but not a lower price. The link below is right to DLP's site on the only shift kit listed.
And DLP had the S93 number listed on my invoice too. In fact, Gramps PM'd me when he got his and I checked Factory Pro's website to make sure we were getting the right thing. They also list on their that the gasket is now included, which mine was. Gramps thought they were perhaps still shipping the SV gasket. But if you check Factory Pro's website, the S93 is for the SV's and includes the arm.

Sucks that you pay the same but don't get an arm with it too. ::)

If DLP doesn't change the number, I'd leave the link like it is so folks don't get confused.

#15 ·

Zoom said:
And DLP had the S93 number listed on my invoice too. In fact, Gramps PM'd me when he got his and I checked Factory Pro's website to make sure we were getting the right thing. They also list on their that the gasket is now included, which mine was. Gramps thought they were perhaps still shipping the SV gasket. But if you check Factory Pro's website, the S93 is for the SV's and includes the arm.

Sucks that you pay the same but don't get an arm with it too. ::)

If DLP doesn't change the number, I'd leave the link like it is so folks don't get confused.
From what was told is that kits down the road will come with gaskets.

#16 ·

rynosback said:
From what was told is that kits down the road will come with gaskets.
Dang, don't want to dirty up this thread. :redfaced:

They are already coming with the gasket. Mine had the right one and so did Gramps. A few others posted in the original thread that theirs also had the gasket with it. :bigthumbsup:

#17 ·

Zoom said:
Dang, don't want to dirty up this thread. :redfaced:

They are already coming with the gasket. Mine had the right one and so did Gramps. A few others posted in the original thread that theirs also had the gasket with it. :bigthumbsup:
Some of the first ones out had the wrong gaskets or no gaskets. Mine had no gaskets.

#19 ·

Panchester said:
Good for you :bigthumbsup:
Just when you expand, try making a note who paid and who didn't, so you don't send invoices to people who already paid you.
Good luck !
A note? 100% of those links go to DLP or threads on this forum. I don't own a parts store. :dontknow:

#20 ·
Great list. Now if Ryno would pay for all the things I want it would be REALLY great. :pray:

Maybe he will pay for everyones................. :D

#22 ·
for the HID kit link, diverts u to the other thread for group buy, i noticed the group by was back in 2007, are there any further group buys goin on fellas?

#24 ·
hey all, cheaper than the JSD is called the maniac mod, do a search, may cost you all of 1hr to do and about 50cents. i did it, first mod on my bike. ridewell. johnnytherock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.