I am breaking these down into categories. Some of these fit into more then one category. All prices were priced on 4/17/08 and subject to change. Items or purchases over $200 get free shipping. Subject to change
Sorry, I just could not resist slipping in the disclaimers.
There are many do it your self mods that cost little to NO money. They can be found here
1. Adjust the rear brake pedal.
2. Throttle lock- cruise control
3. De baffling your pipes/to get a louder sound
Just a note he also drilled the outer back plate with 8 holes. Also one thing that he did not say to do, would be to shoot a little high temp black paint into the pipes to lightly coat the raw metal that was just exposed to keep it from rusting.
4. Don't throw away your grip end caps/ key and rear axle mod.
Another take on the above link
Another use for the end cap. Oil Dip stick cover
5. cutting the beaver
6. Chrome grill Mod
7. Mirror extension mod I did mine for $10
The MUST mod to get
A service manual $89.99
1. Stebel air horn $49.95
2. Plug & Play harness for the Stebel $46-$119 shipped anywhere in the world. Comes with pictured install directions in PDF form.
3. Custom HID kits from A&R Motorsports, http://aandrmotorsport.com/store/$55 - $90 shipped within the continental US.
Tell Rob that you are with the M109 group buy.
A ton of info in this thread, but with higher pricing.
Another popular HID kit is this one also. CLICK HERE
4. Brake light signal modulator $39.95
More advanced speed censored brake module $59.95
5.Front SS brake lines $108.72 and just looks better
6. Rear SS brake line $60.27 and just looks better
1. Gear Emulators (ATRE) $30
GI-Pro (the Gi-Pro has a gear indicator) $159.95
Gear Emulators (ATRE) with gear display $93
Mounting bracket $12.00
2. K&N air filters $79.95
3. Ducks air mod. Get a custom look and a boost in performance in one swoop. $130 and up
4. Shift kit EVOS93 $169.97
Other intake kits, pipes and fuel management systems will very on preference and rider style.
1. Suzuki gel seats $209.95 Pick your style and if you want to be closer or further back.
Then you get into grips, pegs and handle bar pullbacks, back rests. Rider preference on style and feel.
1. I would have to say bang for the buck that a derby cover is a great mod. Most are under $100
2. Changing the color of your lighting in the tach and speedo. $75, price on post 27.
3. A custom speedo back round plates, RIP Joe and many thanks for all of the cool plates you made for us over the years.
New vendor on speedo plates. $55 https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...=165860&page=2
4. Engine guards $169.95 and safety to help save your body work if the bike goes down.
5. Chromed Radiator grill Use the trim for trucks.
6. Chrome bolt inserts on the riser caps. CLICK HERE
Skies the limit here and is rider preference.
Chip Simmons of Simmonsmotorworks has the best reputation on the board.
For seeing part explosions and for buying OE parts. They do not sell the parts at the same price , so I would look at them all.
1. Oneida Suzuki
3. Alpha Sports
4. Ron Ayers
5. Action Parts
Frequently asked questions thread
How to ignore a member on the forum.
If you have other suggestions or ratings of items, please feel free to comment. Or if you find that the prices have gone up or down, please feel free to post it up or PM me, so I can get it changed.