Rear tire Elite 3 240/40 R18 VS 250/40 R18 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear tire Elite 3 240/40 R18 VS 250/40 R18

Default Big Sexy

I always joke with my wife, if her ass ever gets as big as my back tire... She cant ride NO mo!! Thanks for all your post, most def goin with the 250. I love my Bertha Smurf and her big ass!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mhawley View Post
    Anyone else had the wobble at high speeds 90+ with these tires?
    I ride over 90mph every time I ride on the freeway and have never had a wobble. Even 120 to 130 no wobble. Over 130 I had heard of the dreaded wobble. So I backed off. It was a chore keeping my feet planted and my eyes straight anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David327 View Post
    I ride over 90mph every time I ride on the freeway and have never had a wobble. Even 120 to 130 no wobble. Over 130 I had heard of the dreaded wobble. So I backed off. It was a chore keeping my feet planted and my eyes straight anyway.

Oh ya, I am on my 3rd rear E3 250 and 2nd front

Last edited by David327; 06-26-2016 at 02:01 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David327 View Post
    Oh ya, I am on my 3rd rear E3 250 and 2nd front

I am a darksider, from what i read on this site. I have run CAR tires for ever. Takes a bit more man to run them though LOL

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe1 View Post
    I am a darksider, from what i read on this site. I have run CAR tires for ever. Takes a bit more man to run them though LOL
    I will grow up one of these days. I want to try it. How is it with a passenger?

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Bulls Hit. Wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIDMARK View Post
    Bulls Hit. Wont work.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000DUDE View Post
    It fits even though the specs call for a wider rim.
    BTW folks, check out where you plan on getting it mounted before you buy online. My dealer was the only place locally that had a mounting machine for a 250 tire, and charged me $40 to mount and balance since I bought it elsewhere. If I buy my next tire from him, he will match the total cost by reducing the mounting to $12. So I went to a lot of trouble to save nothing. Every other place around here could only mount up to a 240.
    It never hurts to discuss price before you buy, most places will give a discount these days if you ask respectfully. They know the internet prices too.
    I think most MC shops that have tire machine can do it. The one near me charges 25 bucks but you have to bring the rim and tire in. It is easy with the proper tools.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0577.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	326578

Just put a 250 E3 on the 9. The old one is a 240/40r18 Metsler. When I did my research I noticied that the 250 Dunlop E3 is wider then the Metz 260. Sorry about the pic size, maybe someone can enlarge them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0575.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	326586
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

I've ran both the E3 240 & 250 for the past 60,000+ miles.
    All have been wobble-free up to 130mph....can't keep my feet planted after that.
    The 250 sure looks nice under there, but I don't much get wrapped up one over the other.
    I'm more impressed with the performance (no cupping) of the 150 that I'm running upfront.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default Car Tire?

Oh wow! Are you just going strieght or just quarter mile on the track? Would love to see some video of that!

Theres no no way I could roll into the corners using a car tire. Mr. JohnDoe1 I think you need a

please post some proof of this please. Sounds a bit silly, even for a girl rider.

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Oh wow! Are you just going strieght or just quarter mile on the track? Would love to see some video of that!

Theres no no way I could roll into the corners using a car tire. Mr. JohnDoe1 I think you need a

please post some proof of this please. Sounds a bit silly, even for a girl rider.
    There are those who swear by car tires. I've seen video, the contact patch in corners is frighteningly small, and the sidewalls are not designed to hold up to the side loading. But some do it anyway!

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolling thunder View Post
    Did anyone notice difference of tread depth? 12/32 for 240, and 8/32 for the 250. Why so much diff.?
    its to give us a bigger smile and feel like we have got our money's worth, and maybe to give more grip when riding into the twisty bits of road, got to love it! The 9 is so easy to ride in the corners with the E3. We went to the E3 250 as well, and it's almost time for a new one on my 9. Ya the shops belly ache about the install, I always make sure I tell them to deflate the tire before installing it, and to use a sturdy piece of thin plastic to get it past the mounts, lol. They role their eyes at me usually! Lol that was back in 2008 I think, the shops should know our bikes by now. I check the forum before getting a tire change and make my ride into Washington state for the work.