M109 Rider Forums banner

Welcome CT M109 Riders

13K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  bigbois_bully109r 
#1 ·
Hey, where is everyone? Check in say hello, tell us where your from.

Eric from Hamden here aka DonJulio

G
#5 ·
Hey, happy holidays! Don't get on the boards as often as I would like, but this is probably my #1 destination on the web..... and I can't wait (yes I can, just don't want to ) till ridin' weather gets here. Cheers!

G
#7 ·
Haven't done much. My work keeps me pretty busy. I have put the suzuk gel seats on,chrome clutch hub cover,drive shaft cover, valve stem caps,you know, the easy stuff. Hope I can get to look at other 109's in person as luck will permit and decide what to do from there.

G
#10 ·
Justin here from the Groton sub base. I'm going to pick up an 06 today in NJ. Hope to see you guys on some rides. Have any of you had any of these problems I keep seeing? Such as the clutch or rear rotor?
:welcome:welcome to the site! To answer your question, I had the fuel rail recall, a loose rear rotor and nothing else. Those issues were taken care of under the warranty. I have an '07 and love the bike. It's fast, handles well, gets good mileage (40-44 mpg) and gets alot of looks (It sure ain't me). Enjoy it and I wish you the best of luck!

#14 ·
NEW MILFORD on board! just moved up from NC. looking to add some parts to my black 9 so that i can ride a little longer, i.e. windshield, pigtail for electric suit. Looking to find some other owners near me. I'm not used to all the hills around here- they make me a little nervous. I'm used to the flat terrain of eastern NC. Maybe we can do a ride for a couple of hours before it gets TOO cold to ride!

OBX

G
#15 ·
Hey obx bound, welcome to the site and connecticut. I wish I had checked this board a little earlier, we could have done some riding together. Wouldn't mind that in the spring. I came up her in '84 and still miss NC. ( I lived in a little town called Wingate) The hills take a little getting used to, but ther are alot of great places to ride right by you.I also have the suzuk touring shield, if you are looking for one you can check it out, I took it off.Pm me if you want a look at it.

#24 ·
Naugatuck here, I've had my 9r2 or about a year now and have loved every minute of it. I have a few mods to do, I have the parts just not the confidence to put my Swepts or side mount on. One of the days, hopefully.

#25 ·
Hello All!

Hello to all!

Central Connecticut (Bristol)

I have an 07.

Like everyone else, just looking for a group with good bikes to do a little riding on the weekends.

Regards;

A few mods.
Clutch
Springs
Shift Star
Risers

#27 ·
Metz is a good tire..Don't last long but they stick to the road I got the 280, love it.

#29 ·
No not really, all you have to remember is to take the air back out after you mount the tire to slide it in to the swing arm and put 52 pci in the tire to stop the funky ware that you see some get running that set-up. More stable on the corners with 52

Dave @ NES.stone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.