M109 Rider Forums banner

Welcome CT M109 Riders

13K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  bigbois_bully109r 
#1 ·
Hey, where is everyone? Check in say hello, tell us where your from.

Eric from Hamden here aka DonJulio

#30 ·
52 lbs is exceeding the tire manufacturers recommendation for a 280 even when riding heavy two-up....ride that at your own risk. They also recommend a 10 inch rim for that tire...but you already know that...at least you should have the good sense to let people know what the manufacturer of the tire recommends,but I guess that's the problem in a nutshell. I would rather trust a manufacturers recommendation then some know-it-all from Massachusetts .

#33 ·
Welcome to all CT.109 rider's.;)We live here in Westport. We ride in,and all around CT....Maybe we can get together,and do some Awesome riding.We have an 07Red,08Orange..08Orange is all stock.07Red has aPCIII power Comand,two into one Volasity Pipe's...Take Care,Ride safe:bigthumbsup:

#36 ·
CT Bully

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
I have to state, that I do not vist this site that much; but i plan to for now on. there tons of good info up here. I have been looking gutt out my pipes for a more aggressive sound. Does anyone have information on how or who can do that:confused: for me?.....I was thinking about putting the Scorpions Tips on, but I dont like the look of my swing arm showing......help please....

#37 ·
View attachment 85181 I have to state, that I do not vist this site that much; but i plan to for now on. there tons of good info up here. I have been looking gutt out my pipes for a more aggressive sound. Does anyone have information on how or who can do that:confused: for me?.....I was thinking about putting the Scorpions Tips on, but I dont like the look of my swing arm showing......help please....
Hi Phokus, i just took out the baffels and really like to the sound. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82049 here is a how to on the forum. stupid simple if you haven't done it already. good luck.

#39 ·
I have the Vance & Hines Bigshots on my 08... first tried it with the glass packs in (fiberglass wrapping around the baffles themselves), didn't like it.. too quiet, then tried just the baffles themselves, didn't like it.. too quiet, tried chopping the baffles down , didn't like it.. too quiet, then just ripped everything out and loved it. When I finally got it the way I wanted it, I threw it up on the Dyno (it ran AWFUL until the PC II was tuned). Been running open pipes ever since and get compliments everywhere I go.

I happened to stumble across a youtube video (back in 09) before I went down this route.. Sounds similar to the video but audio is poor due to the camera mic.

good luck.

this was a super easy task (I used a m/c lift) and I would highly recommend installing brand new exhaust gaskets (nothing more than a copper brillo ring) or you'll be chasing a nasty exhaust leak for a while.

BK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.