M109 Rider Forums banner

Welcome Iowans!

7K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  jmr109 
#1 ·
Hey there guys....we got our own state board now......ive seen alot of 109s around my neck of the woods lately....from newton to pella...all around....and once again... :welcome:

#4 ·
this sux. everyone from my area is too much a a pussy to get on here and let themselves be known. i'm from carroll. that would be about an hour west of ames. i know theres at least 4 of us around here cuz thats hoiw many we have sold at the shop, but no one ever follows up. they just jump on and dissapear. (i dont blame you, its hard to use a computer and ride at the same time :D)

#8 ·
Hi guys,

Cool thing to have an IA board now. I live in Marion, just off Cedar Rapids. I have seen a silver 9 on occassion and I know from the dealer that there is a blurple 9 in the area but I haven't met the owners yet... we should organize some group ride before it cools down too much :joke:

Kevlar

#10 ·
I grew up in Northwest IA and try to get back there at least once a year to visit. I think next July we are taking the bike back to Mom's for a week. I will ride out and have the wife fly and meet me. I will keep you all posted and let you know when we will be out. Maybe we can do a ride up to lake Okaboji (did I spell that right?).

We live in Irvine CA now and I travel all over the world for work. Hope to see some of you next summer.

Merry Christmas!!

#14 ·
Kevlar said:
Hi guys,

Cool thing to have an IA board now. I live in Marion, just off Cedar Rapids. I have seen a silver 9 on occassion and I know from the dealer that there is a blurple 9 in the area but I haven't met the owners yet... we should organize some group ride before it cools down too much :joke:

Kevlar
Kelvar,
I just bought red 9 from Metro and will be swinging through your area on Thursday or Friday of next week to pick it up. If your around would buy you lunch and see if we could get some type of a ride going for this year (08) I'm from Dubuque and will be away for work alot, but when I'm home it's usually for a couple weeks at a time. So I'll good bit of time to go riding as well. Rob

PS Here is my story: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php/topic,24792.0.html

#15 ·
Hey Rob,

Thanks for the invite!
I'll be happy to meet you for lunch when you come get your new bike. I'm also putting together a bike ride to the Rocky Mountains National Park for the first days in July. Plans are still preliminary but I'll let you know more details as they gel.

I'll send you a PM with contact info.

How are you going to transport the bike?

-Kevlar

#16 ·
Kevlar said:
Hey Rob,

Thanks for the invite!
I'll be happy to meet you for lunch when you come get your new bike. I'm also putting together a bike ride to the Rocky Mountains National Park for the first days in July. Plans are still preliminary but I'll let you know more details as they gel.

I'll send you a PM with contact info.

How are you going to transport the bike?

-Kevlar
I use a dually truck and gooseneck trailer to haul the car, so it's no problem hauling the bike in the trailer with me out on the road. My schedule as of right now has me back home from June 26th through July 6th. Would be great to head on a good ride like that. Keep me informed on this. PS My brother is planning, weather permitting, to bring his V-Star from Indiana for my wedding on the 12th of April. If the weather is nice, maybe we can set up a "Bachelor Ride". Rob

#18 ·
Hey, welcome to the board. It's good to see more people in Iowa getting those LEs.

I finally changed the oil on my bike last night and took it for a spin. It's definitely time for riding again.

Some friends of mine are thinking of taking the MSF Experienced Rider Course in Cedar Rapids, possibly in May. Let me know if you'd be interested. I thought the Basic Rider Course was pretty good. I took it last year.

Let's keep in touch and let the Iowa board know of any interesting rides.

Cheers,

Kevlar.

#20 ·
are there any western iowans out there?

everyone seems to be along the mississippi river or in des moines....

other than the carrol bunch.

im in omaha, havent even seen another 9 on the road yet.

#21 ·
I'm up for a ride with the locals anytime! Just post day and time!!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.