Welcome Iowans!

Thread: Welcome Iowans!

Very Active Member

Default Welcome Iowans!

Hey there guys....we got our own state board now......ive seen alot of 109s around my neck of the woods lately....from newton to pella...all around....and once again...
    ]<br />excuse me sir....your harley is leaking again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Default Re: Welcome Iowans!

Well I see we now have an Iowa area. I too have seen a few 9's running around Des Moines. Maybe we can find out who has bikes in the area and have a ride some time. Mike-
    New 2007 Red M109R, Let the mods begin-

Very Active Member

Not that there is ever anything to do over this way, but if you're going to be in the Quad Cities, give a holler!
    Yes, that would be on the East side spanning the Mississippi River.
    The wind is adjustable, right hand I think. ~Jazzster
    I heard that they made that idiot proof!
    I see that you've proven them wrong once again!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

this sux. everyone from my area is too much a a pussy to get on here and let themselves be known. i'm from carroll. that would be about an hour west of ames. i know theres at least 4 of us around here cuz thats hoiw many we have sold at the shop, but no one ever follows up. they just jump on and dissapear. (i dont blame you, its hard to use a computer and ride at the same time )
    &quot;We must learn from the mistakes of others,&nbsp; because we cannot possibly live long enough to make them all ourselves.&quot;

I'm from Kansas City, but I make frequent trips to the Clear Lake, Mason City, Lakota area of Iowa. Make sure and wave when you see a silver flying around in the area.
    Sold my beautiful Silv M109R for a more practical Concours 14

Very Active Member

i live in a lil town called killduff....its about 5 miles east of the iowa speedway....got a gravel road that takes me right to it.

Im here in Sioux city I only know one other member and he is selling his 9 (nalty21)

Hi guys,

Cool thing to have an IA board now. I live in Marion, just off Cedar Rapids. I have seen a silver 9 on occassion and I know from the dealer that there is a blurple 9 in the area but I haven't met the owners yet... we should organize some group ride before it cools down too much

Kevlar
    2007 M109R LE: Garmin GPS,Suzuki Sport Shield, Suzuki engine guard, Stebel Air Horn under seat, Speedo healer, Küryakyn ISO grips, Dynabeads, Back-Off brake light modulator, Küryakyn chromed lighted license plate, Küryakyn Widow pegs, Küryakyn kickstand, Cobra mini sissy bar, 6K HID, JSD-3M, Holley intakes, National Cycle Hand Deflectors.

Hi, I live in Lake City just north of Carroll. I buy my parts at Carroll Cycle Center. And I AM NO PUSSY! My Beast is Black n Blue

I grew up in Northwest IA and try to get back there at least once a year to visit. I think next July we are taking the bike back to Mom's for a week. I will ride out and have the wife fly and meet me. I will keep you all posted and let you know when we will be out. Maybe we can do a ride up to lake Okaboji (did I spell that right?).

We live in Irvine CA now and I travel all over the world for work. Hope to see some of you next summer.

Merry Christmas!!
    Don't Be "That" Guy!!!!

Very Active Member

Bettendorf,IA Here

Hello guys

Hey people! I would be up for a ride to Okaboji in July. My family has a big 4th party and we are planning to ride around then. Anybody interested let me know.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

Very Active Member tworangerted's Avatar

Okaboji is only 90 miles from right here,we do quite a bit of work there.
    01 Dodge Ram,04 Suzuki SV-650,06 Suzuki M-109r!
    what happens on a hotel bedspread...STAYS...on a hotel bedspread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    Hi guys,

Cool thing to have an IA board now. I live in Marion, just off Cedar Rapids. I have seen a silver 9 on occassion and I know from the dealer that there is a blurple 9 in the area but I haven't met the owners yet... we should organize some group ride before it cools down too much

Kevlar
    Kelvar,
    I just bought red 9 from Metro and will be swinging through your area on Thursday or Friday of next week to pick it up. If your around would buy you lunch and see if we could get some type of a ride going for this year (0 I'm from Dubuque and will be away for work alot, but when I'm home it's usually for a couple weeks at a time. So I'll good bit of time to go riding as well. Rob

PS Here is my story: https://www.m109riders.com/forum/inde...c,24792.0.html
    Life is fun if your on two wheels!

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the invite!
    I'll be happy to meet you for lunch when you come get your new bike. I'm also putting together a bike ride to the Rocky Mountains National Park for the first days in July. Plans are still preliminary but I'll let you know more details as they gel.

I'll send you a PM with contact info.

How are you going to transport the bike?

-Kevlar
    2007 M109R LE: Garmin GPS,Suzuki Sport Shield, Suzuki engine guard, Stebel Air Horn under seat, Speedo healer, Küryakyn ISO grips, Dynabeads, Back-Off brake light modulator, Küryakyn chromed lighted license plate, Küryakyn Widow pegs, Küryakyn kickstand, Cobra mini sissy bar, 6K HID, JSD-3M, Holley intakes, National Cycle Hand Deflectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    Hey Rob,

Thanks for the invite!
    I'll be happy to meet you for lunch when you come get your new bike. I'm also putting together a bike ride to the Rocky Mountains National Park for the first days in July. Plans are still preliminary but I'll let you know more details as they gel.

I'll send you a PM with contact info.

How are you going to transport the bike?

-Kevlar
    I use a dually truck and gooseneck trailer to haul the car, so it's no problem hauling the bike in the trailer with me out on the road. My schedule as of right now has me back home from June 26th through July 6th. Would be great to head on a good ride like that. Keep me informed on this. PS My brother is planning, weather permitting, to bring his V-Star from Indiana for my wedding on the 12th of April. If the weather is nice, maybe we can set up a "Bachelor Ride". Rob
    Life is fun if your on two wheels!

Very Active Member lowdaksM109R's Avatar

Just realized we have a Iowa board,HOW COOL I'm in the N.E., Waterloo to be exact. Would love to hook up with other 9 owners in the state!
    2007 LE, Bunch of Accessories. "It ain't cool if your chrome don't shine!"

Hey, welcome to the board. It's good to see more people in Iowa getting those LEs.

I finally changed the oil on my bike last night and took it for a spin. It's definitely time for riding again.

Some friends of mine are thinking of taking the MSF Experienced Rider Course in Cedar Rapids, possibly in May. Let me know if you'd be interested. I thought the Basic Rider Course was pretty good. I took it last year.

Let's keep in touch and let the Iowa board know of any interesting rides.

Cheers,

Kevlar.

Very Active Member

i just moved to newton...i am now 1 mile from the iowa speedway...i can hear um testin out there all the time...pretty cool!

are there any western iowans out there?

everyone seems to be along the mississippi river or in des moines....

other than the carrol bunch.

im in omaha, havent even seen another 9 on the road yet.

I'm up for a ride with the locals anytime! Just post day and time!!
    07 de-beavered, de-badged, stiletto grips, stiletto pegs, 3" lowering bones, 2" extensions, side burner exhaust, chrome wheels, chrome caliper cover, chrome diff cover, HID headlights, kyrakin turn signals, custom seat (gator and ostrich), Arlen Ness mirrors, throttle rocker, windsheild, highway bars, Garmin Gps, and more to come!!!!