Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9 - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 256

Thread: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

  1. #121
    Very Active Member Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Horsens, Denmark
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stax
    - like if you put 20 batteries in a vibrator instead of 2 (please excuse the explination but im at a lack of a better one!)

    Hmmmm...just took a looksee at yer profile.....NO gender....female I HOPE....mind you these
    days ye never know what some people get up to....hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #122

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!


  4. #123

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,501

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_C
    You guys are going to pi$$ Suzuki Motors off and they will quit offering 109's.

    I am not a whack-job !
    Oh yes, you certainly ARE a whack job. I'm not calling you a troll, but you certainly don't have a grip on reality if you honestly think Suzuki will stop making 109's because of this thread. ::)

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #124

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Kev
    Sorry to disappoint, but its hanging there!

    I dont think Suzuki will stop production cause we complain. They make a lot of money out of the sales and im sure they would do everything in their power to rectify any probs on all their models. Food for thought, I live in South Arfica.... Instead of paying $12500-00 for the 109, I had to pay R112 000-00! And the average income (rand versus dollar) is more or less the same. So imagine earning $1000 per week and having to buy the 109 for $112 000-00! To be quite honest ill bitch and moan till they fix it!

  7. #125
    Very Active Member CBR1000DUDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oakley, Ca
    Posts
    2,263

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant
    Yeah, mine does just like that. So I just don't rev hard when letting out the clutch.
    You can get used to it and adjust your riding style, I agree, I did it for 6 years on my 1500 Intruder. I thought I had no other choice because I thought it was the hydraulic clutch release mechanism, not weak damper springs. I had never had a hydraulic clutch, nor this problem on any bike I have owned or ridden, so I made this connection which I now think is false.
    But it always bothered me, and made pulling out into fast cross traffic scary because I was afraid to gas it, and afraid I would kill it in front of a semi going 70 mph.
    So if I can fix it , I'll be a happy boy.
    A man has got to know his limitations... Harry Callahan

  8. #126
    Very Active Member Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Horsens, Denmark
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stax
    Kev
    Sorry to disappoint, but its hanging there!

    I dont think Suzuki will stop production cause we complain. They make a lot of money out of the sales and im sure they would do everything in their power to rectify any probs on all their models. Food for thought, I live in South Arfica.... Instead of paying $12500-00 for the 109, I had to pay R112 000-00! And the average income (rand versus dollar) is more or less the same. So imagine earning $1000 per week and having to buy the 109 for $112 000-00! To be quite honest ill bitch and moan till they fix it!
    Stax.....thanks for updatin yer profile man

    So we can safely assume that you make way over the income average...right ::)

    BTW I paid $35.000 for mine

  9. #127

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    lol Kev!

    I work fairly hard i must tell you And im not an elaborate spender, but Ill be honest, the first time i saw that bike I knew I had to have one! And I must be sure she is in good nick!

  10. #128
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev

    BTW I paid $35.000 for mine
    No way, you cant be serious?

    And I thought Sweden was expensive, I payed 18.000$

  11. #129
    Very Active Member Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Horsens, Denmark
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Noshest
    No way, you cant be serious?

    And I thought Sweden was expensive, I payed 18.000$
    Listen ya wierd swede ya know damn well that that motors in DK cost a lot more
    than you gotta pay ::) ::)

  12. #130
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    Listen ya wierd swede ya know damn well that that motors in DK cost a lot more
    than you gotta pay ::) ::)
    I guess you sorry now, that we let Denmark go

  13. #131
    Very Active Member Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Horsens, Denmark
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Noshest
    I guess you sorry now, that we let Denmark go
    Dunno about that man....what does beer cost over the bridge ...hahaaa

    We got Swede's commin over to us everyday to get cheap beer.....mmmm...beer verses
    motors....thinkin ::)........mmm... ::) mmmm....beers good I'll stick with
    my low-priced beverage

  14. #132
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    Dunno about that man....what does beer cost over the bridge ...hahaaa

    We got Swede's commin over to us everyday to get cheap beer.....mmmm...beer verses
    motors....thinkin ::)........mmm... ::) mmmm....beers good I'll stick with
    my low-priced beverage
    That's is, cheap beer, Me I like the high quality stuff.

    You gota be consistent owning this bike - oh...clutch, swingarm, engine......gimme a Carlsberg or Tuborg then

  15. #133
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast Australia
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_C
    You guys are going to pi$$ Suzuki Motors off and they will quit offering 109's. Is that what you really want? Just ride the motorcycle and stop giving the company a hard time. Except for some "quirks" my 109 is perfect in every way. You guys who mod the bike to the extreme really shouldn't be complaining. You brought the problems upon yourselves. I like the bike and if Suzuki has to do everything everyone wants, we couldn't come close to affording a 109. Just be happy you have a 109 to ride.

    Mania (this is my honest opinion and IS NOT designed to make controversy. If you don't like MY OPINION fine. Just don't call me a troll for voicing my honest opinion. Thanks)

    We are all happy with the 9 but it has a serious problem in the clutch area and if your bike had it you would not be so forgiving as if they would stop production it is the best selling big cruiser on the road it has just won Best Big Criuser for the second year running in a bike mag Downunder

  16. #134
    Very Active Member jazzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    2,172

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    How'd this thread get to be about the price of beer in Sweden

    Jazzman

  17. #135

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,501

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman
    How'd this thread get to be about the price of beer in Sweden

    Jazzman
    Well you know what happens when we let all these damn foreigners in here!

  18. #136
    Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,295

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky
    okay lets keep this thread clean I want to email it to my dealer. Please no BS-ing or stabbing or starting to sling poo.
    as I said before!, oh well the forum must go on, I wonder if this thread could get split then locked so I can send the clean part to my tec at my dealer.

    Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

  19. #137
    Very Active Member texas109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    missouri city, texas
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    how many of you have this problem on your 9?

    your hitting the throtle hard in 1st gear then you hit 2nd in a speed shift and you pop OUT OF GEAR!!!! ??

  20. #138
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast Australia
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky
    I wonder if this thread could get split then locked so I can send the clean part to my tec at my dealer.
    I agree with you on this

  21. #139
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast Australia
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Ok I just got off the phone with one of our Australian Suzuki heads he called me to talk about the problem first this was he seemed a bit taken back that I had sent a email to Japan

    We spoke for some time and I explained what I had done and found and all he could say was they weren't aware of the problems WE! are all having with our bikes shudder/rattle crabbing he did not want to speak about anyone Else's bike our problems. He believed all problems had to be taken as individual issue's

    I said the problems we are in counting are pretty normal with big Vtwin engines ::) don't worry I told him other wise He said they would like to send my clutch hub to japan to have it tested but didn't seen to happy that I had bent the spring windows. I told him I was going to attempt to replace the springs with stronger ones.

    He was very happy to listen to me and my theory (my wife said he didn't have a chance to get a word in anyway.)

    I know there are a number of owners here that have had the problem but have not spoken to there dealer and I think because the fact that the severe judder/shudder and the vibe isn't stopping us from riding and we just don't want to waste the dealers time when they probably wont find it anyway.

    Last thing he did say he would stay in touch with me and was happy for me to go to my local dealer and have the hub replace. My parts have a arrived for me to try to strengthen up my springs it will be next week the way things are going.

    That about all I know at this stage to sum it up they don't believe it is a issue and need to hear more feed back on this problem so go to it guys please speak up about this problem.

    He told me he was on his way to the USA toomorrow and was interested in seeing if anyone over there was experiencing these problems.

    So I hope that any of you guys that have had these problems have reported it to your local dealer

    read this https://www.m109riders.com/forum/inde...html#msg283872


  22. #140
    Very Active Member mustaffa69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,864

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Hi Bluey,

    Fantastic work you're doing mate

    I've had a couple of odd moments that lead me to suspect mine's heading down the same path but it's currently off the road for mods so I can't confirm. I'm in two minds to either do the clutch fix whilst it's off the road now or wait to assess it further once it's back on the road. Once I get it back on the road I'll be paying close attention and if it's happening I'll certainly be making some calls.

    Please keep me posted on your progress with YOUR fix.

    Will be working hard to get it back on the road in time for the NSW/QLD meet at Coffs that looks like it might be on for late October. Look forward to a with you mate

    Cheers,

    Chris C



  23. #141
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast Australia
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Hi Chris, yeah I will be updating this thread as I do my hub springs and I hope to be able to do the state of origin ride to meet you guys from the south

  24. #142
    Very Active Member LyteFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    396

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Bluey,

    If I read you comments correctly, they want your hub to send to Japan, but you are not going to do that and go ahead with your own fix? It would seem to be in your/our best interest to do that to truely get this issue documented. If not, this is going nowhere at the Suzuki level. They've done the cordial contact and I bet it will not be pursued any further. Let your dealer replace the hub, send the old one to Japan, and try your spring replacement on the new one if needed. If I misread, forgive.

    LyteFly
    M109R - Ride of a Lifetime

  25. #143
    Very Active Member whitee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Port St John, Florida
    Posts
    1,346

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    We spoke for some time and I explained what I had done and found and all he could say was they weren't aware of the problems WE! are all having with our bikes shudder/rattle crabbing he did not want to speak about anyone Else's bike our problems. He believed all problems had to be taken as individual issue's
    If I read this right you can see that Suzuki's strategy for not addressing this issue as a recall will be to continually state they "...believed all problems had to be taken as individual issues." From my perspective if you have these problems you need to do what Bluey did - you need to write/email the company and copy your local dealers. There is power only in numbers.

  26. #144
    Very Active Member JUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    6,343

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Quote Originally Posted by LyteFly
    Bluey,

    If I read you comments correctly, they want your hub to send to Japan, but you are not going to do that and go ahead with your own fix? It would seem to be in your/our best interest to do that to truely get this issue documented. If not, this is going nowhere at the Suzuki level. They've done the cordial contact and I bet it will not be pursued any further. Let your dealer replace the hub, send the old one to Japan, and try your spring replacement on the new one if needed. If I misread, forgive.

    LyteFly
    I agree with what you are saying LyteFly... but the problem for Bluey is that he modified his clutch hub... That makes it a little harder for the guys in Japan to analyze.

    Add to this that the replacement is the same hub that had the issue to begin with and it is probably in his best interest to "Make it better"... otherwise he'll be replacing clutch hubs every 8 or 10,000 miles until his warranty is up.

    I've talked to my dealer about this, and they have contacted the regional Zuk guy on it... they are looking into it, and the dealer has agreed that if I find mine is out of spec when I tear it down they will replace it under warranty... so IF mine is the same (And mine vibrates BAD) Zuk will get my old hub to analyze.

  27. #145
    Very Active Member Canuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mississauga, Canada
    Posts
    2,737

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Quote Originally Posted by whitee
    If I read this right you can see that Suzuki's strategy for not addressing this issue as a recall will be to continually state they "...believed all problems had to be taken as individual issues." From my perspective if you have these problems you need to do what Bluey did - you need to write/email the company and copy your local dealers. There is power only in numbers.
    Just a thought, but if Bluey is able to download a copy of his letter to this site, we could each personalize it, and send it off to Suzuki. I suspect there would be enough people here willing to do that. That would ensure the same messaging is getting to Suzuki, and at roughly the same time. That might help.

  28. #146
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Ok I am exited about this so here goes.
    I hope I get all of what you say. I only have the 3.5K ->4k vibration. Everything else seems ok, no other 'symptoms'.

    Do I understand you correctly that by replacing the springs, I can get rid of the vibration?
    How long of a job is it to do, and what new springs, other parts to you suggest replacing when this job is done?

    Thanks.

    Jeff

  29. #147
    Very Active Member Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Horsens, Denmark
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in Costa Rica
    I hope I get all of what you say. I only have the 3.5K ->4k vibration. Everything else seems ok, no other 'symptoms'.

    Do I understand you correctly that by replacing the springs, I can get rid of the vibration?
    How long of a job is it to do, and what new springs, other parts to you suggest replacing when this job is done?

    Thanks.

    Jeff
    As I understand it....there is no replacement for the springs....ya just bend the tabs down
    to stop the springs rattlin....did I get that right ?

  30. #148
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast Australia
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    OK yes he mentioned it would be good to send my hub to Japan for them to look at and then he said the only thing was I had already bent the windows and that could stuff up what they are looking at

    There are no known replacement springs available but I have found a place that builds clutch plates and has a selection of different springs at this stage I am just hoping they will have something that will work.

    As I have said before feel free to copy my letter and add your own details and send it on

    Whitee you have hit it on the head it's exactly how I feel about the whole thing how many times will we have to pull the clutch before threads start to fail and other issues start to show I just want to fix this problem

    The other thing the Suz guy said was he was trying to say when you launch these bikes from standing start you will cause these sort of problems. HaHaHa same thing I told him I have never done that to my bike and never abused it in anyway he was basically saying with the milage and the torque we are running this is what we can expect |I told him I had the problem from new what a lot of crap.

  31. #149
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    As I understand it....there is no replacement for the springs....ya just bend the tabs down
    to stop the springs rattlin....did I get that right ?
    Kev,

    Thanks. do you remember seeing some place in the site that someone was replacing their springs with heavier duty springs? Pretty well known brand as well?

    Maybe it was something else...

    that dang memory.


  32. #150
    Very Active Member Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Horsens, Denmark
    Posts
    3,873

    Default Re: Found Clutch Judder/rattle !!!! Update 17/9

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in Costa Rica
    Kev,

    Thanks. do you remember seeing some place in the site that someone was replacing their springs with heavier duty springs? Pretty well known brand as well?

    Maybe it was something else...

    that dang memory.

    Jeff...two different springs here....ya got the springs that ya can feel when ya pull the clutch
    and then ya got these rattley springs that Bluey is referin to

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->