Loose clutch nut repair by Listan1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loose clutch nut repair by Listan1

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    What I used.

http://poisnus.com/M109RFiles/M109R%...eplacement.pdf

Sent from my Apple brain boiler!
    The website was quite good but I still could nut unlock the sleeve hub. I know that it is just hit with a hole punch but I could know unlock it. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pats Boulevard View Post
    The website was quite good but I still could nut unlock the sleeve hub. I know that it is just hit with a hole punch but I could know unlock it. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    If I remember correctly, I just used the impact and spun it off. One back in and torqued, I notched it back in to secure.

PM J.R. (Nine Rider) and double check w him. He's the man at this. 👍

Sent from my Apple brain boiler tapped by the NSA!

Default No Clutch

Hi guys,

I am fairly a new rider on my 2007 M109. I bought it last year few months before winter (only 9k miles). Took good care of it before winter with all the precautionary oil changes... Took my bike out last week..Rode it for a day (did not experience any issues) and next evening, in parking lot, the clutch gave up on me.. As soon as I shift to 1st gear the bike jerks and comes to sudden stop.. I tried adjusting the clutch cable at first but it seems fine. I had no idea what to do before I saw this post.. I really think this is a recall.. I will be talking to Suzuki for possible recall.... Let's see.. I will keep you all posted.. More help always welcome!!! Thanks for all the info...

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Hi guys,

I am fairly a new rider on my 2007 M109. I bought it last year few months before winter (only 9k miles). Took good care of it before winter with all the precautionary oil changes... Took my bike out last week..Rode it for a day (did not experience any issues) and next evening, in parking lot, the clutch gave up on me.. As soon as I shift to 1st gear the bike jerks and comes to sudden stop.. I tried adjusting the clutch cable at first but it seems fine. I had no idea what to do before I saw this post.. I really think this is a recall.. I will be talking to Suzuki for possible recall.... Let's see.. I will keep you all posted.. More help always welcome!!! Thanks for all the info...
    It will NOT be a recall and Suzuki will tell you they haven't heard of this issue. The dealer is going to rape you if you take it to them. Your tube nut has come loose holding the basket to the shaft on the engine. You can fix that yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaM109 View Post
    It will NOT be a recall and Suzuki will tell you they haven't heard of this issue. The dealer is going to rape you if you take it to them. Your tube nut has come loose holding the basket to the shaft on the engine. You can fix that yourself.
    100% what Bigpapa said.

It's a couple hours work, but not bad. You do have to have one particular tool though. You can make one as they are hard to find now, but maybe someone local has it.

Check this read.

http://poisnus.com/M109RFiles/M109R%...eplacement.pdf

Sent from my Apple brain boiler tapped by the NSA!

Default Same problem

I have a 2009 and mine just done the same thing! Haven't tore into it yet but it sounds exactly like what everyone else's is doing. Didn't want to shift and then I realized my clutch wasn't disengaging! I'm not sure what kind of engineering mods they made in 09 but it apparently didn't fix the problem.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt87 View Post
    I have a 2009 and mine just done the same thing! Haven't tore into it yet but it sounds exactly like what everyone else's is doing. Didn't want to shift and then I realized my clutch wasn't disengaging! I'm not sure what kind of engineering mods they made in 09 but it apparently didn't fix the problem.
    They haven't changed anything up until then. If they were smart, they would have made it where it was dimpled into prevent it from coming loose. The few that i have fixed have shown no sign of even any locktite.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default Need the nut tool! In Canada the Honda VTX socket spanner is 123.85!

Quote Originally Posted by BigN8 View Post
    I found the perfect tool to mod for the clutch nut. Its from Advanced Auto for $16. You just have to grind two of the fingers off and grind the other two a little bit.

Sure wish I had more information about this part. I went to Lordco and the have a variety of similar tools but the metal looks to thick?

Any tips would be great, my bike is apart in the garage, and the sun is out and man I sure don't want to waist any time. The hubby is handy and has made tools in the past. He's at work and my job is to find something he can work with.

Thank for any tips!

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    Sure wish I had more information about this part. I went to Lordco and the have a variety of similar tools but the metal looks to thick?

Any tips would be great, my bike is apart in the garage, and the sun is out and man I sure don't want to waist any time. The hubby is handy and has made tools in the past. He's at work and my job is to find something he can work with.

Thank for any tips!
    Not my personal experience but this might help:
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post1743489
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Default Thanks

Thanks no stopping me now

Thank for any tips!
    Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post

Very Active Member

Thank for any tips!
    I bought one off of ebay that was similar to this with 6 teeth on it. I used a dremel to cut 2 of the teeth off. Worked great.

http://www.toolsmithdirect.com/media...648475_0_b.jpg

Default The Great Loose Clutch Nut Tool!

Thank for any tips!
    Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    Thanks no stopping me now
    okay all your help brought great inspiration, one hr on the bench and a lath to machine the centre section of stock, same as nut, to mate the key ways, welding and a 1.5 inch socket! Well-a the Great Loose Clutch Nut tool that Suzuki doesn't tell us about!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	317761 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	131 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	317769

okay all your help brought great inspiration, one hr on the bench and a lath to machine the centre section of stock, same as nut, to mate the key ways, welding and a 1.5 inch socket! Well-a the Great Loose Clutch Nut tool that Suzuki doesn't tell us about!

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	154 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	317761 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	131 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	317769
    LOL!!
    With all that equipment to your disposal there is surely many ways to skin the cat ...
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Riiiiiight. I guess it was $59 back in the day and I thought that was nuts.

Sent from my Apple brain boiler!
    I found that Honda part on Flea-Bay for 39.95! I am in Marietta. If you need it, come get it!! I also have an electrical impact wrench that can slam it down to 105 Ft Lbs of torque![IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]
    Cool! I'm in East Atl area and preparing to do clutch job. You still got all this stuff?