Suzuki's "special tool" for FI codes - free for all to enjoy. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki's "special tool" for FI codes - free for all to enjoy.

This is good to know
    One who leads with no followers is merely taking a walk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default code reader

hey fellows mick from down under
    wat i have done with my109 is pulled those 2 diagnostic wires from the white plug
    drilled small hole in side cover near ignition barrell put micro toggle switch there
    hooked the wires to toggle swich doesnt matter which wire goes to on /of either way will work
    that way u can ride or watever and check if u have codes
    looks great works great and u dont have to take side plate of to read codes
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by smokd View Post
    wat i have done with my109 is pulled those 2 diagnostic wires from the white plug
    drilled small hole in side cover near ignition barrell put micro toggle switch there
    hooked the wires to toggle swich doesnt matter which wire goes to on /of either way will work
    hope this helps
    Can you post pics of the setup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

definitely would like to see pics
    One who leads with no followers is merely taking a walk

hope this helps
    What happens when you have a problem that Suzuki needs to diagnose and they cannot connect the Suzuki Diagnostic Tool any longer?

It's not a bad idea, but I would probably splice new wires into the two diagnostic wires before the plug, and run THOSE to a switch so that if ever needed, the diagnostic connector can be used for it's intended purpose.

- My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    - God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the vision to tell the difference.

Angry What a joke $40.00 from Suzuki Dealer in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

What a joke.
    I call a local Suzuki dealer to ask them if this tool is in stock and how much.
    They told me it was $40.00.

I used a piece of wire worth maybe .02, worked like a dream.

If Suzuki knows this is a problem, why haven't they replaced the part with one that lasts.
    They have the balls to try and sell a piece of wire with a booklet for $40.00.

Here is the plug which uses the "special tool". Pull the left side cover off by the ECU, and there will be two unused plugs with black boots on them. One of the plugs inside the rubber boot is black and the other is white. Remove the boot from the white plug.

To keep perspective, rotate the white plug so that the plug 'lock' pin is on top. See the highlight in the picture below:

Then on the right side of the plug, you will insert your "special tool" into the top right pin connector hole and the bottom right pin connector hole.

Turn the bike ignition on - there is no need to start the bike. The FI code will display in the odometer box. C##. Look up our FI error code in the manual, or call Suzuki with the number, and then you'll know what's up with the FI.

Now, another tip about the FI code in the odometer box using the "special tool". When you look into the odometer box and see the code, e.g. C46 (EXCVA - exhaust control valve), just to the left of the code will be a hash mark. That represents the position of the throttle open percentage/position. If you then open up your throttle, the hash mark will move up screen to represent the increasing open position of the throttle. If it is moving appropriately, that is supposed to mean that your throttle is working ok.

That's it. That's all I know about this. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Uh, no, Steve. This was a tongue-in-cheek post (nine years ago) telling you to use a piece of wire.

- My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    - God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the vision to tell the difference.

This is an excellent post and helped me immensely this past weekend when my bike had been displaying the FI code steadily for more than a week.
    The only time I've ever had this happen before was when I'd gotten bad gas and it stopped with a new tank of fuel.
    My problem this time is that my code read C-00 no fault found
    Yet the light remained on........

Anyone else had this issue?
    Don
    08 Boulevard C109RT
    Calgary Canada
    IBA member # 38549

Quote Originally Posted by DonNJane View Post
    This is an excellent post and helped me immensely this past weekend when my bike had been displaying the FI code steadily for more than a week.
    The only time I've ever had this happen before was when I'd gotten bad gas and it stopped with a new tank of fuel.
    My problem this time is that my code read C-00 no fault found
    Yet the light remained on........

Anyone else had this issue?
    Don't shut you bike off when you are checking the code. Start it up, make sure the FI light is on, then check the code as described in this thread before shutting the bike off.

Use the kill switch to turn the bike off but leave the ignition on. Then read the code.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post
    Uh, no, Steve. This was a tongue-in-cheek post (nine years ago) telling you to use a piece of wire.
    You are correct HyperPete, it was 100% young in cheek then.

JC (JDC)

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Love these old post! Good stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vegas Meet May 17-24, 2017! Let's bet on a great time!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321882

Riders Meet 2018, Nakusp BC. Date ?
    Planning stage. Location secured

Default NEWER MODELS

One guy did ask does this still work on the newer nines. Not only using the neat Suzuki tool but also punching out wires to get rid of the F1 light. I thought I remembered somewhere that this was not so for the newer bikes can some one chime in with a newer machine. Worked fine years ago on my 08. some member have newer bikes now and are having the dreaded F1 fault. Let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDER217 View Post
    One guy did ask does this still work on the newer nines. Not only using the neat Suzuki tool but also punching out wires to get rid of the F1 light. I thought I remembered somewhere that this was not so for the newer bikes can some one chime in with a newer machine. Worked fine years ago on my 08. some member have newer bikes now and are having the dreaded F1 fault. Let me know. Thanks.
    Exhaust Fi light doesn't have the pin in the same spot. Not sure where it is but just got the exhaust servo eliminator plug in

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul...

Default F1 PIN

That's what I thought. Does anyone know when the PIN became was shut down to eliminate the F1 light. What years. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDER217 View Post
    That's what I thought. Does anyone know when the PIN became was shut down to eliminate the F1 light. What years. Thanks.
    I have an 07 and removed my pin. I believe they changed the wire setup when Suzuki started putting the tach up in the cowl. But Im not posistive. For those, without the #7 you are really better of getting one of the plug and play units.

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I have an 07 and removed my pin. I believe they changed the wire setup when Suzuki started putting the tach up in the cowl. But Im not posistive. For those, without the #7 you are really better of getting one of the plug and play units.

Correct. I think that was 2010 or 11 with the black with red stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Meiklejohn View Post
    Correct. I think that was 2010 or 11 with the black with red stripe

Actually. I've had a 2009, 2010, 2011 and now a 2012. I recall removing the pin on my 10 and 11

Default code reader

hope this helps
    send a picture of that

Unhappy Dealer mode

Hi Guys. I'm battling to get my 200 M109 into dealer mode. Unfortunately the images on this post don't show. Can anyone help.

Default This is what the dealer plug looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Olmeca121 View Post
    Hi Guys. I'm battling to get my 200 M109 into dealer mode. Unfortunately the images on this post don't show. Can anyone help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dealerswitch.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	365753
    Last edited by Olmeca121; 01-04-2018 at 06:06 AM. Reason: More Pictures

Plug looks like this and is located behind youe left cover behind your seat lock

Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

This will help the plug looks the same and what needs to be done is the same too.

Last edited by some 9; 01-04-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Support Team Member Board Support-2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Olmeca121 View Post
    Follow the instructions here: Photobucket "fix" for Chrome andChrome-based browsers (and now, Firefox!)

Default Special Tool

Good Day Sir,
    All of your pictures with respect to the special tool to reveal F1 codes have been removed. Could you please send me the pics via email or send me info on how to get one of these special tools.

Your assistance would be most appreciated.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Ok, Suzuki talks about a "special tool" to reveal the FI codes in the manual. The "special tool" is $15.99 from Suzuki. In reality it is a single toggle switch with two wire leads and probably a pin insert at each end.

The "special tool" works by using the two leads to connect two jumpers on a wire header with the 109.

I'm cheap and spoke to a local bike shop, P**** T***, and John told me all about the "special tool" when I asked him. I won't put the shop name in because I'm not sure if Suzuki police exist.

Ok, I have a "special tool", only $15.99, see pic below:

Here is the plug which uses the "special tool". Pull the left side cover off by the ECU, and there will be two unused plugs with black boots on them. One of the plugs inside the rubber boot is black and the other is white. Remove the boot from the white plug.

To keep perspective, rotate the white plug so that the plug 'lock' pin is on top. See the highlight in the picture below:

Then on the right side of the plug, you will insert your "special tool" into the top right pin connector hole and the bottom right pin connector hole.

Turn the bike ignition on - there is no need to start the bike. The FI code will display in the odometer box. C##. Look up our FI error code in the manual, or call Suzuki with the number, and then you'll know what's up with the FI.

Now, another tip about the FI code in the odometer box using the "special tool". When you look into the odometer box and see the code, e.g. C46 (EXCVA - exhaust control valve), just to the left of the code will be a hash mark. That represents the position of the throttle open percentage/position. If you then open up your throttle, the hash mark will move up screen to represent the increasing open position of the throttle. If it is moving appropriately, that is supposed to mean that your throttle is working ok.

That's it. That's all I know about this. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by corkman View Post
    Good Day Sir,
    All of your pictures with respect to the special tool to reveal F1 codes have been removed. Could you please send me the pics via email or send me info on how to get one of these special tools.

Bill
    Here is a newer post.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by corkman View Post
    Good Day Sir,

Bill
    It's just a short piece of wire. See post numbers 52 & 53. You can also use a paper clip or a cotter pin.

Hey, I have a question. I got codes c32&33 ,injector signal code, is that the brown 4 pin connector under the gas tank? I have a 2009 m109r