Alabama Chapter of Local Members of M109Riders.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Chapter of Local Members of M109Riders.com

Default Alabama Chapter of Local Members of M109Riders.com

Calling all M109Riders in Alabama. We have our own little spot on the M109Riders.com board now. Jump in here with ride events here in Alabama so that we can get them posted. Be sure to include Event Sponsoring contact name(s), phone number, e-mail address and url along with date and time and a brief description of the event.

Events will get us started and we can build on it from there.

Rick

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Alabama Chapter of Local Members of M109Riders.com

it's about time....
    Yeah I know it's still a Boulevard........... Oh you couldn't see it from that far back

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyDsrt109
    it's about time....

Where are you located? Do you ride with groups now or solo?

Rick
    Ride On and let your soul shine!

Rick

www.joerides.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I mainly ride with friends. I'm from Gardendale..... how about you??
    Yeah I know it's still a Boulevard........... Oh you couldn't see it from that far back

Hey guys another al. rider here in Mobile. I have owned the 9 for 8 months and injoy every minite of it.

I mainly ride with friends. I'm from Gardendale..... how about you??
    Well, I just picked my 9 up two weeks ago tomorrow so I haven't established a riding group just yet. I'm just up the road from you, in Morris so maybe we can hook up and ride sometime. Have you made it out to the Trusseville Bowling ally on Friday nights? I haven't been yet but I hear it is huge.

Rick

www.joerides.com

Quote Originally Posted by crankman
    Hey guys another al. rider here in Mobile. I have owned the 9 for 8 months and injoy every minite of it.

Glad to have you onboard with us. Look forward to seeing your posts to the group. Owned for 8 months you say. Have you made alot of mods to your 9? My only mod so far has been the chrome drive shaft cover. Not much but it's a start.

Rick

www.joerides.com

Very Active Member

Alright lets get the alabama rolling. I will be out for a few days. Its good to have our own forum.
    Don't want to stir any thing up yet. But I would like to say RollTide!!
    pcIII, kur grips with accent (2), short kick stand, lwr 2.75", led lights, bullet, stiebel horn, arlen mirrors(2), million light led's, drive cover, swing arm cover, brake pedal, 250 tire, accent riser cover, de-beavered, pia light, knife edge clutch/brake levers(2), chrome mag cover, barnett cables, modulating head light, tank bag, Quick removal sissy bar, chrome rear brake caliper. Roadhouse slip-ons exhaust(2) , thunder air(2), chrome brake hoses, black widow pegs(2) fac.pro shift kit, front brake chrome cover, pcIII, jsd back-off brake lights,$3,100. still going. RoooL Tide

Quote Originally Posted by itsgud2bking
    Alright lets get the alabama rolling. I will be out for a few days. Its good to have our own forum.
    Don't want to stir any thing up yet. But I would like to say RollTide!!
    Thats right ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyRick55
    Well, I just picked my 9 up two weeks ago tomorrow so I haven't established a riding group just yet. I'm just up the road from you, in Morris so maybe we can hook up and ride sometime. Have you made it out to the Trusseville Bowling ally on Friday nights? I haven't been yet but I hear it is huge.
    How awsome i grew up in morris i lived on Mulvehill Rd. right past the Highlands sign!! Well i guess i no longer have the only LE in Jefferson county!

Glad to have you onboard with us. Look forward to seeing your posts to the group. Owned for 8 months you say. Have you made alot of mods to your 9? My only mod so far has been the chrome drive shaft cover. Not much but it's a start.
    Here are some pictures of my modifications so far Rick. Crankman
    [img]http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4Pl-ofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQ QQGxlQaxGJGxv8uOc5xQQQ0allQaoPeGqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSH qqy7XH6gXPaQ%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442[/img]
    [img]http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4PG-ofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQ QQGxlQaxGJGxv8uOc5xQQQ0allQaoPeoqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSH qqy7XH6gXPen%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442[/img]
    [img]http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4PG-ofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQ QQGxlQaxGJGxv8uOc5xQQQ0allQaoPeaqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSH qqy7XH6gXPen%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442[/img]
    [img]http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4PJ-ofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQ QQGxlQaxGJGxv8uOc5xQQQ0allQaoPaQqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSH qqy7XH6gXPeo%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442[/img]

Ok, I have created a Google calendar for M109Riders Chapter. I have created a Google Calendar found at http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...id=4rcU4H_Cr6w. I know, the url is long, will try to get a Friendly short URL but you should be able to get to it by clicking here.

Satchmo, if you want your monthly rides posted out there, please give me the dates, start locations, contact name and numbers for more information and I will post it out there. I'd like to come down and ride with your group and I would like to do the Safety Skill Training on the 28th. Could you give us more information on that and will it be open to anyone or is it a closed session?

Itsgud2biking, I am a divided fan so Roll Tide, Ware Eagle and Gooooo Blazers! Have a safe trip.

SunnyDsrt109, if you grew up in Morris, you probably went to school at MJH. My son graduated from there in 06 and my daughter will graduate in 08. Sorry, but no you no longer have the only LE in Jefferson County. We live just off 31 in a small subdivision ac cross from the Farmers Trading post so I know the exact area where you lived. I bought mine up at S&W Suzuki in Jasper and I'm loving every minute of it. To be honest, I had never given any thought of buying a Suzuki but I was in Ikon about three weeks ago looking for used Harley's and I walked by the LE, sat on it, drooled over it then priced it. I couldn't believe the price. Came home, spent the next two days on the Web researching it and on day three, I was calling all the dealers in North Alabama looking for the best deal. S&W beat everyones out the door price hands down. Friend of mine was in Atlanta this past weekend and saw a Yellow-n-white LE and he said it was sharp.

Crankman, love that black bike, makes the chrome jump out at you. Those wheels are awesome. Are they polished aluminum or actually chromed? I am looking for a passenger backrest to add and I found a mod here on the board where a guy took a HD backrest and bracket and bolted it to the stock 109 passenger seat. Great idea as I don't want to keep it on the bike all the time, only when the wife rides.

Ok, If anyone comes up with ride dates, feed them to me and I will get them published. We also need to plan a Alabama chapter ride soon where we can meet up. Has anyone been to 29 Dreams Motorcycle Resort (http://www.29dreams.com/) in Vandiver? Maybe we can meet up somewhere and make a ride out there one weekend.

Rick

Rick

www.joerides.com

Yo Ricky i graduated in 05 im still a young Buck whats your sons name. Im Chase Daniel... He might remember me or my sister still goes to school there her name is Whitley. Looking forward to meeting you I'll have to ride through your neiborhood and maybe catch you outside or somthing.

Oh yeah we should meet up for bike night friday..... BTW S and W rocks they gave me a great deal on 05 GSX-R

Oh yeah we should meet up for bike night Friday..... BTW S and W rocks they gave me a great deal on 05 GSX-R
    Yea, they are a pretty cool bunch of folks there. Gave me a Great deal on my 9. Bo in parts is a super guy to work with. I was talking to Mike, the manager this past Friday and he said that they have one more 07 Black m109r left and that will probably be it until the 08s come in, Someone could probably pick up a great deal it if they were looking.

Yea, I understand it is allot of fun, lots of bikes and people to meet. I won't be able to make it this week but definitely have it on my schedule for Friday Week.

Rick

www.joerides.com

Very Active Member backinthesaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyRicky55
    Calling all M109Riders in Alabama. We have our own little spot on the M109Riders.com board now. Jump in here with ride events here in Alabama so that we can get them posted. Be sure to include Event Sponsoring contact name(s), phone number, e-mail address and url along with date and time and a brief description of the event.

Events will get us started and we can build on it from there.

Rick
    It is GREAT to see our own BAMA board. It's about time. I bought my 109 in January and love this bike. I live in Huntsville and know of 3 other 109s locally. None of them I don't think are members here on M109Riders.

The members that I've ridden with are silveRRocket (Brian) from Gadsden and Seabee68 (Dan) from Birmingham. Airphoto (Greg) is also a member from Birmingham, but I have not ridden with him yet.

Sometimes we get some rides here together on weekends. We've ridden to Chattanooga, Deals Gap, NC and 29 Dreams.
    2006 cobalt blue w/realfire
    Roll Tide Roll!!
    Find out more about motorcycling in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle
    It is GREAT to see our own BAMA board. It's about time. I bought my 109 in January and love this bike. I live in Huntsville and know of 3 other 109s locally. None of them I don't think are members here on M109Riders.

The members that I've ridden with are silveRRocket (Brian) from Gadsden and Seabee68 (Dan) from Birmingham. Airphoto (Greg) is also a member from Birmingham, but I have not ridden with him yet.

Sometimes we get some rides here together on weekends. We've ridden to Chattanooga, Deals Gap, NC and 29 Dreams.
    Glad to have you check in with the Bama group. I for trying to pull a ride together sometime with Bama 109Rs. I haven't been out to 29 Dreams yet but looking forward to it. If you know of any organized rides pass them along and I will put them out on the calender.

I met two others tonight at Sonic Bike night in Gardendale so I think we could pull together a pretty good group of 9s for a ride.

Have you made any mods to your bike yet or still riding stock?

Rick

www.joerides.com

Very Active Member

I'm here. Yeah! The winning side of the state is in the house,, and that side isn't "Roooolllling" down the drain.... See signature.
    <br /><br />Just because you put tap shoes on an elephant does not mean it can dance. War Eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by silveRRocket
    I'm here. Yeah! The winning side of the state is in the house,, and that side isn't "Roooolllling" down the drain.... See signature.
    Last time I did a one wheeler like that was on a Elsenor 125, one screaming Honda Dirt bike. That was the last time I attempted it. I'm impressed with your stand up on the 9r like that. I knew it had the power but I wasn't sure about the weight and balance. Awesome.

Ride on!

Rick

www.joerides.com

Quote Originally Posted by silveRRocket
    Oh and yes and War Eagle, Roll Tide and Go Blazers.

Rick

www.joerides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Satchmo
    Finally received Corbin Parts!

?Great looking bike. I wasnt' sure what the 9r would look like with that faring on it. Looks great! Sure would like to see it up close. How long did it take for your parts to come in?

Rick

www.joerides.com

Very Active Member

Last time I did a one wheeler like that was on a Elsenor 125, one screaming Honda Dirt bike. That was the last time I attempted it. I'm impressed with your stand up on the 9r like that. I knew it had the power but I wasn't sure about the weight and balance. Awesome.

Ride on!
    Thanks. The only way I am able to get it up on one, was after I changed the stock rear tire to a Elite III. The stock would always light up the rear tire and never get traction.
    <br /><br />Just because you put tap shoes on an elephant does not mean it can dance. War Eagle!

Very Active Member backinthesaddle's Avatar

Glad to have you check in with the Bama group. I for trying to pull a ride together sometime with Bama 109Rs. I haven't been out to 29 Dreams yet but looking forward to it. If you know of any organized rides pass them along and I will put them out on the calender.

I met two others tonight at Sonic Bike night in Gardendale so I think we could pull together a pretty good group of 9s for a ride.

Have you made any mods to your bike yet or still riding stock?
    I've added the Suzuki crash bars, chrome shaft cover, rear brake cover, Hellcat windshield and new gel seats. Plan to install grips and risers soon.
    2006 cobalt blue w/realfire
    Roll Tide Roll!!
    Find out more about motorcycling in Alabama

Yo Ricky I think I saw you last night headed into Gardendale on 31 Lastnight. I was own my 9. If it wasn't you then theres another one cruizing Morris!
    Yeah I know it&#039;s still a Boulevard........... Oh you couldn&#039;t see it from that far back

Chase,

Yea, it was me, was headed to Chic-Fila Thursday night to get a shake. Had just performed the 8 hole mod on the pipes and wanted to give them a run. hey, looked for you at Bike night at Lightning Strike last night. In talking to people there, it was a low night but it looked like there were around 400 bikes there. I'm running up to Eddies bike night in Blount tonight to check it out.

Ride on!

Rick

www.joerides.com

bike night tonight!
    Yeah I know it&#039;s still a Boulevard........... Oh you couldn&#039;t see it from that far back

anybody near talladega?

a few miles up the road in Birmingham. Whats going on in Taledega?

Ride on!

Rick

Rick

www.joerides.com

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by deverandson
    anybody near talladega?
    Gadsden here. I'm around your area daily though, I work at ANAD.

im starting a new work project in talladega and was planning on taking my bike with me, but last minute plans by company changed that. hopefully will only be there for a few months so i can get back to my bike in florida. thanks anyways guys