Alabama Chapter of Local Members of M109Riders.com - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alabama Chapter of Local Members of M109Riders.com

Default Re: Alabama Chapter of Local Members of M109Riders.com

Hello,

I'm Darkchild from Selma, Alabama and yes, I ride a "9". Currently, I am a member of the Left Lane Riders of Selma. I try to hit this website to find deals and ideals for my "9". I hope to see some members at a rally soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

9Er's, how about a weekend at "Cheaha State Park". Beautiful ride to the top of the mountain with many lookout points along the way. There is a restaurant at the top. They have 73 Campsites and 50 separate lodges. I was thinking the last weekend of Jan. 25, 26, and 27. I am not much of an organizer as far as activities but I can provide all the numbers for the facilities. You can also go to: www.alapark.com and click on the link to Cheaha State Park. Lets get our organizers together and make this happen. We have 3 weeks. Brian Cassey is our contact. He is the assistant Superintendent. The lodge 256-488-5115. Cheaha State Park, Hwy 281 Bunker Loop, Delta, Al. 36258 Phone number: 256-488-5111. Lets "getter done". Gives us all an excuse to get together for the New Year. Lets get a hold of our organizers!
    Quik Chanj

Very Active Member

i could possibly meet and ride up with someone or meet everyone up there one day and ride some, but I need to hang close to home.
    --

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I don't know if I could hold the entire weekend but possibly for the day on Saturday. You know the way our weather is going right now, it will likely be pretty cold then. Not that it's a problem for me.

Ride on!

Rick
    Ride On and let your soul shine!

Rick

www.joerides.com

Hey 9ers, I believe I picked a bad time for a weekend at Cheaha. Maybe just a day ride to the top for some lunch on Sat. Jan. 26 weather permitting.
    "Quik Chanj" curtis3577
    Quik Chanj

Very Active Member

i could def do a lunch meet!!
    --

Just checking in with the Alabama 9's....

Welcome! Where are you located and how long have you owned a 109?

Ride on!

Rick

Rick

www.joerides.com

I bought a house and sometimes live in Hazel Green Alabama, that is North of Huntsville, about 5 miles south of the TN line. I bought my 9 back in 2006. I am just getting into this whole message board stuff, seems pretty cool... Looks like I will be out of the desert a little earlier than I thought.... Coming back from Baghdad this week, maybe make bike week in Daytona in March..... If the weather is good, maybe I will ride this weekend (Even if it is bad I will probably ride...lol...)..... It has been awhile and I have a bunch of MOD's that I have to do to the bike before Daytona......If I go... I will defineately need some clues on how to do some of these MODS..... ( I will be hold in the garage for a few weeks doing these MODS)... I am going to tae pictures before and after each MOD and then have it Dyno'd at Rocket City.....

I wanted to give a thanks in advance for patience with us that are not so mechanicly inclinded...... ..... to all the brothers out there that are... Thank God For You.... The rest of us will get by......

Ric

2' Bone Drop
    Stage Three Intake
    Power Commander
    Rear Light Conversion
    License Plate Conversion
    Front Light Conversion

Ric,

Well, glad to hear you are coming home from Bagdad this week. I hope you have a safe trip home and make it in before the weekend as it is shaping up to be a nice one according to the weather man. Nine miles off the Tennessee line. Looks like you rare bout 10 miles east of 65 on 231. Rode through there this past fall headed up to the Jack Daniels BBQ cookoff in Lynchberg, Tn.

Good deal on the Mods you have lined up, I know that you are anxious to turn the wrenches. Which Mod do you think you are going to start on first or are you just going to hit them all at once? You don't have much time to get ready for bike week so I hope you have all the goodies ready and you aren't ordering when you get home. Shipments on certain things may run long or even delayed weeks before they hit the road to your house.

I'm thinking of trying to pull together a spring ride possibly the first weekend in April, do you think you would be interested?

Ride on!

Rick

Rick

www.joerides.com

Thanks Rick,

I completed the 2" drop and adjusted the suspension to 4... I rode two up and didn't seem to have any issue's... It sure handles different with the drop, kind of have to round my corners a little more, but I love the look..... And the step by step post are the bomb.... really helped me out.... I did the conversion for the tail light and added the resistors and they operate perfect.... Mounted the license plate on the side... looks good..... I added the stage three intake and the JSDM.... I can defineately feel the power..... I still am working with the power commander 3.... I haven't tackled it yet..... I am waiting on a oxygen sensor plug... should be here Monday and then I am going to put it on...... I also did the conversion for the front turn signal and they are working great...... I am looking for a place to Dyno the bike...... I should have that done by the end of the week..... then I will see if I can post some pictures and dyno info for all to see.....

If you guys ride in April I am definately in... if I am around..... think I have some Marine training to catch up on so I might be on mission for a couple of months......

God Bless America..... I am so glade to be back in the great state of Alabama.....

RICO

Quote Originally Posted by silveRRocket View Post
    Gadsden here. I'm around your area daily though, I work at ANAD.
    I'm from Gadsden, but I live in Trussville.... Got a 06 109, purple rain is what i named her....

Default Calling all M109Riders in Alabama

BUMP
    Calling all M109Riders in Alabama. Jump in here with ride events here in Alabama so that we can get them posted. Be sure to include Event Sponsoring contact name(s), phone number, e-mail address and url along with date and time and a brief description of the event.

Events will get us started and we can build on it from there.