I took off today for a little ride and something was blocking my set valve cam and the FI light came on again. I knew when I mounted it in front of my battery that it could be a problem.
So today I decide to move it again and I really don't have a lot of options seeing I have a air ride with a compressor and valving and I just added nitrous and that took up some room too. ::)
There was really only one other place it could go but it would be pretty ugly there so I started digging through my junk to see if I could find something to cover it up with. I found one of those cheap Harley type air cleaners and it had a pretty cool looking cover on it and it was just about the right size for what I needed.
I held it in place and it looked pretty darn good, now I just had to see if I could get the set valve mounted there too. After playing with it for a while I got it to fit. I used a hole that was already tapped in the frame and used one of the front reflector bolts that came on the bike as a mounting stud.
I can't believe how good this turned out. My wife even said it matched the front of the motor. This fills that ugly hole that we have all been trying to figure out what to do with when we change exhaust and it gives you a great place to mount the set valve.
The trick to any good mod is to make it look like it belongs there. I think this does. Hope you like it as much as I do.
There's a hole tapped right under the motor mount that is the same thread as your reflector stud that came on your bike.
I slid the set valve over the stud.
This is the end result.