CYCLE RIDERS of LONGWOOD and FUEL RAIL RE-CALL

Thread: CYCLE RIDERS of LONGWOOD and FUEL RAIL RE-CALL

Very Active Member

Default CYCLE RIDERS of LONGWOOD and FUEL RAIL RE-CALL

Just a little heads up about Cycle Riders of Longwood. I called them Monday the 16th about the fuel re-call. Was directed to the service dept. He said I needed to talk to the parts dept. after about a 5 min. wait. Waited another 5 min. for the parts dept. they said OK and took down my name. I told them that I had bought the bike there so they had all the info on it.
    So this past Monday I call to find out about it. Asked for the parts dept. waited another 5 min. I give him my name, wait another 2-3 min. he says hmmm, what's your telephone number, I tell him. Wait another 2-3 min. he comes back and says you sure you talked to someone here in parts? GRRRRR. He says it should of been handled from the service dept. since it is a re-call. I explain to him how the service dept. told me I had to talk to the parts dept. to get the part ordered. He says, well we have no record of it so you need to talk to the service dept. about it and they are not in today. He says call back Tuesday and ask for the service dept. I tell him to have them call me and he says OK, so again I give him the tele. number.
    Tuesday I never hear from them !! GRRRR .
    This is the second time CYCLE RIDERS OF LONGWOOD has screwed thing up and that's since I've only used them twice!! I am going to Champions up in Mount Dora from now on.
    --

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Default Re: CYCLE RIDERS of LONGWOOD and FUEL RAIL RE-CALL

I was suppose to have a appointment for the fuel rail replacement this a.m. I didn't go to the dealer! After calling several times over the last two weeks and actually visiting the dealer yesterday to confirm if the replacement part was actually received I got the run around and no confirmation that the fuel rail pipe was available. The service manager who I originally scheduled the appointment with was off and another person was filling in! He was clueless as to the recall etc. He was suppose to call me last night to confirm if the part was in and never did. Before leaving I told this dude I wanted to cancel the appointment and he tells me not to as he will definitely call me! Right Needless to say my decision to skip the appointment was the right thing to do. This particular dealer is located in Pa. but his competency mirrors other dealers. Amazingly it appears that their parts and service departments/personnel don't talk to each other!

Very Active Member

That's funny. I called Champion in Mt. Dora (my local dealer) the day the recall hit. Had to walk them thru finding it, as they knew nothing about it. Finally found it and says they will order part. I mention the rush order option and they say they never heard of it, it'll be a week. Well, I call back a week later and they say no go, but parts delivery is in back not checked in yet, call back later. I call the next day and get the same story. So I talk to parts dept. and they finally make the effort to actually check and claim the part was "cross shipped coming from West coast instead of east coast" and will be a few more days. I ask if it will be done by that weekend (2nd one) and they say they don't know. So now I'm torqued, call cycle riders of orlando, they say they ordered extra parts as soon as they heard of the recall and have the part in stock. I drive down next morning and they do it in 1 1/2 hour and wash bike, I'm good to go!! I courtesy call back Champion to let them know I won't be in for the recall, it was already done, and they act like "who cares, cya"
    Go figure ??
    &quot;Does the name Pavlov ring a bell&quot;<br />&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Eustis.html?bannertypeclick=gizmotimetempbig&quot; &gt;<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/FL/Eustis.gif&quot; border=0<br />alt=&quot;Click for Eustis, Florida Forecast&quot; height=50 width=150&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

blueovalforlife

They called me yesterday telling me my part was in and I set up an appointment for saturday....

They've been pretty good to me I guess.

I have an appointment for friday for the recall parts at the Lonwood location , I hope everything goes well

Very Active Member

OK, I'm through venting LOL Sounds like all of them goof up some !! It was just my turn to have it happen too. Oh well, I'm sure all will be good

Bob
    --

blueovalforlife

I'm going to make them change my rear-end oil to. They didnt do it on the 600 mile service, they just "Checked" it.

You have to be stern with them and they'll come through... Most of the time. I get all my parts up there for Oneida's prices. Pipes were 425 installed.

toneout

Cycle Riders sucks. That's all I have to say about that matter.