M109 Rider Forums banner

Don't throw those grip caps away

19K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  FlyingCircus 
#1 ·
I know this may be old news to some but my Suzuki dealer didn't know about this so chances are some of you don't ether. If you have replaced your grips with some Kury grips or any other grips you have a pretty cool axle cap that I bet you didn't even know about. :doorag: Fits perfect, just like it was made for it. :super: And yes my dif is black now :D

On this one I used a end cap off of a VTX but you can do the same thing with the 9 cap. First go buy a couple of extra keys (less that 5 bucks at ACE Hardware), then cut the key so that the cap is flush when you epoxy the key to the cap. After that you really never need to take your key out again because it looks like part of the bike now. I keep one of my spares in my pocket for opening the gas cap. :doorag:

Some of the best mods are real close to being free. :bigthumbsup: :super:

See less See more
#4 ·
:bigthumbsup: Your just full of nifty ideas....are U sure your not some sort of secret Santa elf moonlighting in the off season.. :joke:

G
#7 ·
We wingers have been doing the key thing for the glove boxes and gas caps, but the nice thing about that is the key when cut is not long enough to start the bike so we can keep it in the locks. That is a cool idea though. Nice for shows.

I gotta give it to you bro, your mind never stops :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

#9 ·
Medic1210 said:
The key idea is pretty nifty, but as our rides become more familiar to the masses (as well as the location of the keyhole), I would feel less comfortable leaving the key intact.
Didn't say you had to leave it in, do whatever you feel good about. I leave the keys in all my bikes, haven't loss one yet. :doorag:

#12 ·
Lamonster said:
Didn't say you had to leave it in, do whatever you feel good about. I leave the keys in all my bikes, haven't loss one yet. :doorag:
True enough... I guess with this being my first bike ever, I'm a bit more timid about that stuff. That being said, I'm quite bad about walking away from the bike (gas station, restaraunt, etc) with the key in the ignition and in the "on" position. If that isn't a "come take me" flag to would be thieves, I don't know what is. :redfaced:

#13 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Do you mean you haven't lost the key or the bike yet? LOL>
Keys I've lost, that's why I leave them in. :D

junk yard dog said:
come on Lamont was the dog right, you can tell me it won't hurt. JUNK YARD
Taped it off Bro, I had places to go and didn't feel like messing with it. I will try your way though but I need to know those magic words you used. ;)

#19 ·
#26 ·
I'll be using my caps for the front wheel axle on my M90 but how do you get the caps to hold there ???

Thanks for this idea :bigthumbsup:

L.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.