SUNDAY RIDE!!!!!!! (FEB 25TH) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUNDAY RIDE!!!!!!! (FEB 25TH)

Very Active Member

Default Re: SUNDAY RIDE!!!!!!! (FEB 25TH)

I trust the radar more than the man sometimes. It just stopped raining here, but I am to the west in Marietta...

I think it will clear. I know I will ride today.

Accuweather says it stops by 11AM in Buford

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/index-fo...code=30515&u=1

Sledzep

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by phaed
    i'd love to ride, but my bike is dying. gotta work on it to figure out what it is.

have a listen if you are mechanically inclined...
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05849505&hl=en
    i would check the air filters and check for bad gas ,nice bike you got there.bike runs too good ,iwould check these two areas first

Very Active Member

Lonewolf and I are rolling out of the Cool Beans coffee shop in Marietta at Noon.
    If anyone else in this area wants to meet there and go be there.

Sledzep

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bushhog
    i would check the air filters and check for bad gas ,nice bike you got there.bike runs too good ,iwould check these two areas first
    instead of bad gas let me re fraze that,it sounds to me that there may be some water in the gas,which is a common problem .

Does look like it's clearing faster than the weather channel is forecasting online. If it's not raining at my place at 1pm, I'll definitely ride.

Jazzman

Very Active Member

See everyone at 130
    Here, take this pill, it's great!!!! It's called f*ckitall!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phaed
    i'd love to ride, but my bike is dying. gotta work on it to figure out what it is.

have a listen if you are mechanically inclined...
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05849505&hl=en
    The reason it won't start after it's hot and killed is it's flooded. Every time you hit the on switch, or hit the starter and stop and then hit it again, it's dumping a fresh load of gas into a hot system. That's why I think it's not starting after it dies. When you wait the "10" minutes, you let it cool off enough to start with that "rich" fuel to air mixture.

I bet you have a Power Commander? Am I right? Are you running a map you got from elsewhere (not specifically created for your bike)? My guess is the map is not balanced well enough for your bike. The fuel to air mixture ratio seems to be off near the idle point causing the bike to want to stall at idle.

When you rev the engine up you are just applying the physics principle "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". When you put mechanical systems like a bike motor into action, as it ramps up or down there is a tendancy to overshoot due to the application of physics on mass. When you have the bike at a high rev and then quickly let the revs fall off to idle, your motor is simply overshooting on the decel (due to physics and inertia "systems in motion tend to want to stay in motion"). That inertia on the decel and the mass of the parts contribute to the idle dropping lower than normal when decelerating from a high rpm. The fact that the motor is hot adds to the equation by adding to internal friction. The friction from the heat causes the need for more energy usage to get the motor to come out of the deceleration overshoot. That added with your map (or ECU setting if it's stock) not being optimum for your bike is what's causing it to die.

If you have a PCIII, all you've got to do is adjust your map around the idle point or possibly try another map available. If your bike is stock ECU, I'd invest in a PCIII so you can adjust these paramaters.

If you don't have a Power Commander that may be why your fuel to air ratio is wrong also. I see you have custom air intakes and exhaust. That right there is going to screw up your stock ECU fuel to air settings. Your putting in and taking out a lot more air than the stock ECU settings were designed for. If you don't have a PCIII, you really need one. If you do, you need to adjust your map around the idle point (the settings at 0 rpm and throttle - and the couple of rpm throttle settings just up from 0.

And one more thought. Did you put the colder plugs in; either ck9's or ck8's. That could be another issue with your idle dying off and difficulty in starting. It would not be the root cause, but would be an added contributor to the scenario above.

Hope this helps.

Jazzman

Very Active Member

Hey guys, I finally got to the house at 7:20. Didn't have too far to go in the dark. I had a great time and I'm sorry ya'll had to wait for me soo much. Maybe next time I'll have a couple of Rita's before we leave. Jose makes me a little crazier. Enjoyed meeting you guys and maybe we could do this more often as the weather warms up. Keep in touch. Later!

Very Active Member

I personally would rather wait for you than have you get buzzed/drink before riding.

Sledzep

No need to get crazy Wolf. Today was good fun and I enjoyed meeting you and Valiant. I'd probably enjoy the ride better if I slowed down a bit. Naahhhhhh

Till next time!

Jazzman

Very Active Member

Jazz, enjoyed meeting you and Valiant. As far as you slowing down, enjoy it while you can. If I'm still kickin' in ten years, I want to see if you can still do it like you did today. I'm not gonna make excuses for my slow ole butt, BUT you will be amazed at how things like depth perception, timing, agility, and COURAGE deteriorate. Maybe I need to change vitamins and get some ginkoba or something. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    Jazz, enjoyed meeting you and Valiant. As far as you slowing down, enjoy it while you can. If I'm still kickin' in ten years, I want to see if you can still do it like you did today. I'm not gonna make excuses for my slow ole butt, BUT you will be amazed at how things like depth perception, timing, agility, and COURAGE deteriorate. Maybe I need to change vitamins and get some ginkoba or something. Ha
    I'm with ya Wolf. At (almost) 55 I'm already just closin my eyes and squeezin the trigger.

Also. I posted a few pics in the Main board.

Jazzman

I am sorry I missed you guys on Sunday. I tried to ride the proposed route in reverse hoping to catch you guys. I road down GA-53 all the way to Gainsville. I rode so far, I was heading to Dawsonville. I asked for some directions at a gas station and the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. Oh well, maybe next time I can catch you guys. By the way, I started out around 2:15 pm. I had some business to take care at church around 5 pm, so I wouldn't have had much time to hang out with the gang. I will catch you guys next time.
    1990 Honda PC 800 (Sold), 2007 Zuki M109R (Pearl White) (Sold), Current ride '05 Honda Goldwing (Artic White) Still patrolling the M109R site because of old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoa!
    I am sorry I missed you guys on Sunday. I tried to ride the proposed route in reverse hoping to catch you guys. I road down GA-53 all the way to Gainsville. I rode so far, I was heading to Dawsonville. I asked for some directions at a gas station and the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. Oh well, maybe next time I can catch you guys. By the way, I started out around 2:15 pm. I had some business to take care at church around 5 pm, so I wouldn't have had much time to hang out with the gang. I will catch you guys next time.
    We went over Buford Dam to Cumming. Then Hwy 9 from Cumming to Dawsonville for lunch. Then 9 to Dahlonega. 19 to 60 up to Suches. We stopped at TWO's briefly and then turned around and came back. We took 400 back as soon as we could pick it up.

Jazzman

Had a blast guys! My bike is now officially broke-in (scuffed bottom of pipes in the twisties) Next time I might hang back a little with lonewolf. At least till I get some more miles under my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant
    Had a blast guys! My bike is now officially broke-in (scuffed bottom of pipes in the twisties) Next time I might hang back a little with lonewolf. At least till I get some more miles under my belt.
    Sorry to hear that Valiant but I thought you rode great. Heck, that part of the pipe is too round anyway.

Jazzman

Very Active Member

The first or second time I rode with Jazzman I scraped my pipes too!

Sledzep

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by sledzep01
    The first or second time I rode with Jazzman I scraped my pipes too!

Sledzep
    same here!!!

Very Active Member

Valiant, sorry you scraped but that's what happens when you are brave enough to lean it that far. I was trying to catch sled and I scraped the left footpeg. Darn near scared me. Went to a friends house yesterday and we leaned the bike over to where the peg touched, I could have almost touched the ground with my left hand. I'm getting too old for this madness. JAZZMAN are you ever gonna email me or did you not get my email?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    Valiant, sorry you scraped but that's what happens when you are brave enough to lean it that far. I was trying to catch sled and I scraped the left footpeg. Darn near scared me. Went to a friends house yesterday and we leaned the bike over to where the peg touched, I could have almost touched the ground with my left hand. I'm getting too old for this madness. JAZZMAN are you ever gonna email me or did you not get my email?
    Got it. It's been a bit hectic at work. Have been home a little late the last two nights. I just wrote you back via email. I also forwarded your email to my work email address and I'll do my best to call you tomorrow.

Jazzman

Naa , I ain't worried about the pipes, It's my arse I'm thinking of. I'm just saying ... Awww heck, I won't be able to restrain myself anyway!

Very Active Member

Naa , I ain't worried about the pipes, It's my arse I'm thinking of. I'm just saying ... Awww heck, I won't be able to restrain myself anyway!
    I think u did a great job keeping up on sunday. Just have fun and keep it safe. Don't ride past your limits and we all
    will have a great time riding. See u next time.

Very Active Member

Crank up the preload a notch or two. It really changes how often you scrape the pegs/pipes.
    It worked great for me.

Sledzep