WickedRican

Default Re: My "How to add Edelbrock"

Cool Work...

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Glad you like the qoute, Rat... it's got to be one of my favorites.

Also, here's a link to my thread on the intake install.

https://www.m109riders.com/forum/inde...html#msg160142

Hope this helps!!

- Semper Fi -
    They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Really good explanation on the mod. Mine should be here by the weeks end. Good write up..

I got an offer i couldn't refuse for my 9 so all i have left is my Wing..

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

1bearsfan

By far the biggest bang for the buck as far as mods go If you're modding it yourself from the Edelbrocks you buy at Auto Zone, adding the Plexiglas works fine but it's a lot of extra work and is not needed. You can take the plastic lip on the plastic intake down with a bench grinder until flush and you get a level fit..to each his own though

Anyone have a link to an update on this mod? I want to do it but need more info and cant get the search to find what I need. Thx
    *****ZX14 SOLD**** Gonna miss the ole girl but my black 06 M109R is keeping me company!

Quote Originally Posted by Keep_Holding_On View Post
    I think my very last words will be "hey guys, watch this."

Boz
    Careful man I have a patent on that saying because I have hurt myself many times after saying it! Oh course I guess you can use it because I quit saying it, I'm tired of getting hurt!
    James
    PS. now I use it as a warning indicator, If I feel I want to say it I don't do the stupid stunt I was about to try.

I have this set up on my 08 with street lites exhaust and cobra f2000i and it made a big difference in the behavior of the bike. I retained the stock backing plate though like the holley setup. The bike breaths now, you can hear it my son says while crusing next to me in the car it sounds like a turbo with the air rushing in. From a performance stand point I feel now the combination has to be met, more air in you have to let it out and the free flowing exhaust completes the entire package. Not to forget you need to richen it up with a fuel processor. So go all the way with the basic upgrades and enjoy the increased performance from cooler running temps of a free flowing exhaust to the huge unrestricted airflow as well as more fuel. I love this bike!!!! Ride Safe....

Default no pics

I wish the pics still showed

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Streak View Post
    Since no one else has showed how to do their Edelbrock start to finish, I thought I would give it my be interpertation. I know I didn't do it the same as of the others members, but I gave it my best shot. Edit: The title now reflects the proper aircleaner.

No stock parts on the bike had to be modified to perform this mod.

1. First a trip to the local Home Depot and Advance Auto. Carriage bolts and nuts, and 2" PCV cap plug at Home Depot. And at Advance Auto , 2 @ Edelbrock Air Cleaners part #1002 and some Truck Door Edge Molding

2.The 2" PVC plug fits perfect to close off stock incoming air. Very tight !

3. The only parts from the Edelbrock air clearer needed are the outside screen and the foam filter. Now Take the Truck Door Edge Molding and place around the wire screen.

It Should look like this:

4.Center the foam on the wire screen. Place the stock air box center of the foam and press down. This is what the setup will look like.

5. I used 3 @ 2 1/4" carriage bolts and push thru the foam and had to use a set of needle nose pliers to widen the wire screen for the bolts to come thru.

6. Now I removed the wire screen and put the stock air box with foam attached back on the bike. Believe me , it's easier this way.!

7. Now put the wire screen and bolts back on.

Compairing Right and Left side.

8. Now for the other side. Only one small change. This side is closer to the motor. So on the front engine cover, I had to trim the wire screen to look like this:

Now here is both sides:

Now I just need your feed back, or show me what I did wrong.
    Don't know why, but I am not seeing any pictures at all.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by jam36a View Post
    I wish the pics still showed
    Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post
    Don't know why, but I am not seeing any pictures at all.

Marty
    That because of the Photobucket fiasco or the OP deleted or moved them from the original locations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk