How about a GA charity ride for the holidays?

Thread: How about a GA charity ride for the holidays?

Default How about a GA charity ride for the holidays?

I thought it might be a nice thing to get a GA charity ride up for the holidays. It could be an all Suzuki ride, cruisers and sport bikes. That could get a good turn out and possibly raise a nice donation for a worthy charity. Possibly in early December. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Default Re: How about a GA charity ride for the holidays?

I will ride for nearly any reason/cause.

Sledzep

lets set it up!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

another option would be for us to attend one that's already in place, there are usually a few. either way, i'd be game as long as my bike is together. my pipes will be back and on, but i'm also slotted for paint here pretty soon.
    Current Mods: JR exhaust w/crank evac, Oak Paint, Thunder intakes, PC3, JSD, steel brakelines, hub plate, stealth LCD F & R turns, TrickFlasher, CA clear tailight w/modulator, PIAA HLight w/modulator, ISO grips/spikes/wings/shifter/thottleboss, Pro-1 mirrors, Corbin seat, chrome engine/shaft/swingarm covers

Quote Originally Posted by phaed
    another option would be for us to attend one that's already in place, there are usually a few.Â* either way, i'd be game as long as my bike is together.Â* my pipes will be back and on, but i'm also slotted for paint here pretty soon.
    If someone finds a great charity ride before we can set one up, let's go on and do that. No reason to reinvent the wheel. I'll start giving this more thought for one of our own.

Very Active Member

Phaed, I will need to hear your bike in person. I like all the JR type pipes, and have listened to the sound clips, but there is nothing like hearing it in person.

Sledzep

Very Active Member

there's some biker catalogue in georgia that lists all the activities going on state wide. they had them at chattahoochie harley dealer in columbus. not sure if i'll be able to find one here in augusta. anyone know the one i'm talking about and have access to it?
    Current Mods: JR exhaust w/crank evac, Oak Paint, Thunder intakes, PC3, JSD, steel brakelines, hub plate, stealth LCD F & R turns, TrickFlasher, CA clear tailight w/modulator, PIAA HLight w/modulator, ISO grips/spikes/wings/shifter/thottleboss, Pro-1 mirrors, Corbin seat, chrome engine/shaft/swingarm covers

Very Active Member

This link has some. 3 look close enough for me, Danielsville, Atlanta, and Conyers.

http://www.lets-ride.com/event/georgia.htm

Sledzep

If we don't get something up ourselves, the rides in the link Sled posted on either Dec 2 or 16th both look like worthy events. It's been very busy at work, but I'm going to try and see about possibilites for a ride we might organize ourselves. If we can get something together for ourselves, I'd like to try and raise some donations for Eggleston's Childrens Hospital. I've had some interaction with them over the years and they are a very worthy cause ... they do amazing things for children with physical needs.

Way too late to set up a charity ride. Especially with me procrastinating. This Conyers ride looks like it might be worth doing.

December 2, 2006 Conyers, Georgia
    16th Annual Conyers Toy Ride Sponsored by Conyers Riding Association
    The toy run is starting from the Target store on Ga. Hwy 20 in Conyers. Riders meet at 9:30 am and the ride leaves at 11:00 am. Admission is one new unwrapped toy or $10 per person. All donations will be going to Rockdale Emergency Relief. Ride will end with door prizes and lunch for those that have donated gifts. For more information call (770) 787-2868 or (770) 388-0503.

Very Active Member

OOps, I am out. Cubscouts are making something at Home Depot....
    I will be building stuff with my son.

Sledzep