How To: Lower the M109R (with pics) - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How To: Lower the M109R (with pics)

Just finished a 2" Yana shiki drop. First of all they don't use the bushings so it's grease em and in they go. I did it without removing the engine cover. I will admit it's was near impossible without the impact bit it can be done as you've read... But tough.

The look is fantastic, read the tips, use the tips on here.....and don't install them backwards like I did I.... Lol, yes I got the joy of installing them twice. It's much easier the second time, not more fun, but easier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1465170857793.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	323938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1465170874782.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	323946  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Loss of PICs

Hey folks. A member notified me that the pics were missing from this thread. Sorry about that. I had a server failure (err.. more like meltdown) and had to replace it entirely. The old server was IIS based; the new server Apache based. So the OS changed entirely (which is good because it's faster). But all I have from the old server is some random backups. I'm trying to fix the broken pictures now.

Note: This tutorial was done back in 2006 and the bones have been rock solid since. You do have to modify the way you ride somewhat to be aware of your lean in curves and things like speed bumps dragging the bike undercarriage if you hit them too hard. I don't get to ride the M109R as much as I would like. My weekends are spent doing exams, papers, and other assorted college related time sucks or traveling to the other side of the planet to play in the desert. But this is life.. yeah?
    Last edited by Delmustator; 07-10-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

I know its and old thread but does anyone have before and after pics of drop

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by #M109R View Post
    I know its and old thread but does anyone have before and after pics of drop
    He has before and after pics. here:

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...l=1#post904156
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.