Fix that rear brake pedal - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fix that rear brake pedal

I've just put the OEM footpegs back in place, before I had Kuryakin floorboards.
    I'll see tomorrow if I need to raise the brake pedal ... I'm 5.5" with feet 42 (European) 8.5 American.
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Brake pedal raised a little, so that my foot can stay under it while resting on the peg.

Much better now
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

Thumbs up Brake

I'm doing mine when I get home. Wisdom is in the Group. Thanks for sharing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dommy View Post
    Much better now
    Much better not only because the right foot has more room, but because the brake pedal is higher now and therefore I can apply more power to it. I can even lock the rear wheel now while riding

Default Fix the rear brake lever

Just did mine Saturday 12 Jan, I used a 3/4 inch pipe and bent it out and up... I thought it was only me, that the previous owner had droped the bike or bent it some how... Great to know I wasn't imagining that problem.

Thank you for this thread!! I thought the previous owner installed a shorter pedal, glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. Doing mine as soon I get home!

Default Adjusting the rear brake pedal back

I heard that there are tines to allow for a rear brake pedal adjustment to bring the pedal closer to you....anyone know how to do that (pictures would be awesome if you can tell me how and what I need to do it)

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wise View Post
    I heard that there are tines to allow for a rear brake pedal adjustment to bring the pedal closer to you....anyone know how to do that (pictures would be awesome if you can tell me how and what I need to do it)
    Its a spline shaft. Loosen the set screw, pull of the shaft, rotate it and replace back on shaft.

What makes it difficult is the foot bracket.

Real fan of the Rivco brake pedal. Puts it where it should be.

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Just adjust the Push rod.

Ride All You Can. Life Is Short.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Isjustus View Post
    Used 3 rags doubled over on mine and the teeth still marked mine slightly. Good mod, but I'd use small wood blocks instead of rags to prevent marking. Maybe a paint stirring stick cut into 2 small pieces would do the trick. No probs with the adjustable wrench on the peg though. And, excellent mod for larger feet!
    Just use a old style smooth jawed pipe wrench, the jaws are right angle like the pipe wrench shown, but no teeth on them. But even with that I would use some sort of buffer as the action of bending the arm up puts the corners of the wrench jaws on the lever arm. And something hard enough to keep the jaw corners from digging into the brake arm.

Quote Originally Posted by enviroser View Post
    you are welcome....Just spend time checking all the old threads and specially the how to step by step, HINK'S frequently asked questions and Rynos back bang for the buck , you'll find everything needed.... If not just ask... There are a lot of guys with tons of down to earth advise and recommendations. THE BEST FORUM WITH GREAT MEMBERS !!! My girlfriend is pissed because whenever i get back from work or some free time i just start checking all the threads....
    I think its important to have a spouse who is not judgemental.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I done ran into my baby n found my ol blu jean I could tell they's mine from the oil n gasoline