Carolina M90/M109s Sign In.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 432

Thread: Carolina M90/M109s Sign In....

  1. #121
    Very Active Member jettpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusher
    New 109er (red) from Durham NC and lovin' it
    Purchased Feb, but didn't start ridin' hard til Apr . . . petty inconveniences such as motorcycle class & the license . . . momma ain't happy . . . nobody's happy . . . Got over 2k mi on it so far, compared to the rest of the bunch, it's probably not much . . .
    Mods - windshield
    Bought mine from durham as well. 2k miles since June, and hopefully many more 2 come.
    Ms. June 2008 (M109R calendar)'07 LE, Scorpion Tips, K&N Filters, PCIII, JSD-3M, De-Stickered, 250 E3 Dunnie, Polished Aluminum M109R grips, Boulevard Derby Cover, Heated Corbin Seat, Stebel Horn, 10000K HID, 12v adapter, Black Widow Pegs, Cycle House Bungee Buttons, Tom Tom GPS, Ram Mount for GPS

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #122
    Very Active Member Mr. BuBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grover, NC
    Posts
    635

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    to the club and !!!

    Drove down Highway 18 and 9 in SC today. I'm thinking next Thursday I will be taking 9 maybe all the way to North Myrtle Beach. We'll see. :)

    Born to Ride!
    <img src=https://www.m109riders.com/forums/image.php?u=22434&type=sigpic&dateline=1220016678 border=0 alt= />
    Riding to Live!

  4. #123
    Very Active Member Delmustator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC Area
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusher
    New 109er (red) from Durham NC and lovin' it
    Purchased Feb, but didn't start ridin' hard til Apr . . . petty inconveniences such as motorcycle class & the license . . . momma ain't happy . . . nobody's happy . . . Got over 2k mi on it so far, compared to the rest of the bunch, it's probably not much . . .
    Mods - windshield
    Welcome,,, got my 06 VB from Kawi of Durham also....

    Man, those guys do not like it when you walk in and already have a 'out the door' price that is $1500 less than they want for the bike... But they had the only Burple at the time..
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #124
    Very Active Member Krusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmustator
    Welcome,,, got my 06 VB from Kawi of Durham also....

    Man, those guys do not like it when you walk in and already have a 'out the door' price that is $1500 less than they want for the bike... But they had the only Burple at the time..
    Actually, I live in Durham, but bought my Niner from Matisons. The guys at Durham Suzuki wouldn't give any kind of discount on their Niners, just MSRP. And that was in February!!! So I got a sweet deal at Matisons and was completely satisfied! Durham Suzuki's loss . . .

  7. #125
    Very Active Member Delmustator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC Area
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    The best prices I have found in the Raleigh area is from Fox Suzuki in Roxboro. Richard Fox is the owner and does not BS around with pricing, doc fees, and other crap. He gives you the bottomline price he can sell you the bike and still make a honest profit. My sister bought her C50T from Fox as well as a girl that I work with. She bought her 109 from Fox. I would have also but at the time, he only had silver 109s.

    I bought a C90T off the show room from Matison. Paid cash and out the door. When I returned to get a 109, they acted like they didn't have time for me and was asking over MSRP for them. I do like one of the sales guys (Bo). He's cool. The rest are chuckleheads..

    At least they now have the guy from Performance Honda running their maintenance shop. Hopefully he can straighten them out.
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

  8. #126
    Very Active Member Krusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Bo was my sales guy & he treated me like I was his lost brother! What time of the year did you get your Niner 'cause I found out the time of the year is everything when purchasing a bike . . .

  9. #127
    Very Active Member Delmustator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC Area
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusher
    Bo was my sales guy & he treated me like I was his lost brother! What time of the year did you get your Niner 'cause I found out the time of the year is everything when purchasing a bike . . .
    This was when the 109s first came out. They wanted $14,500 for the things.. I had already talked to Fox Suzuki and was just shopping around. They had a silver and black and they sat on the showroom for a long time. But I guess they finally either sold them overpriced or reduced the price.

    I guess the thing that tweeked me the most was that I was a returning customer who didn't BS around when I said I was looking at buying a new bike. But they didn't even consider working a deal with me. It was $14,500 or have a nice day...

    Then a few months later, their service department tried to DO ME on a rear drive seal that has a Repair Bulletin on it. Needless to say, the service manager got canned...

    Anyway, I won't deal with them again....
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

  10. #128
    Very Active Member Krusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmustator
    This was when the 109s first came out. They wanted $14,500 for the things.. I had already talked to Fox Suzuki and was just shopping around. They had a silver and black and they sat on the showroom for a long time. But I guess they finally either sold them overpriced or reduced the price.

    I guess the thing that tweeked me the most was that I was a returning customer who didn't BS around when I said I was looking at buying a new bike. But they didn't even consider working a deal with me. It was $14,500 or have a nice day...

    Then a few months later, their service department tried to DO ME on a rear drive seal that has a Repair Bulletin on it. Needless to say, the service manager got canned...

    Anyway, I won't deal with them again....
    Thanks for the info . . . I'll be careful when I take my bike there for servicing . . .

  11. #129
    Very Active Member eliminate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    I went to Suzuki of Durham and they offered me about 350 off the price on bike. This was a black bike that had fallen over and been in showroom for at least 3 or 4 months. I told them I could get it from Triangle Cycles in Danville for 11k +TTT they told me to go there and get it then. I called Triangle Cycles and they only had a white in stock but would look for a Red for me. I went to Matison and just finished signing everything on a Red 07 for 12k OTD and Triangle called and found a Red one and was willing to sell it to me for 11,500 +TTT
    good price but I had already made my DownPayment on the one at Matison and it's only about 10 miles from me too. Bo was saleperson and all the others in the showroom seem to act like they could care less what I want. I talked to the manager or least I think he claimed to be at Matison about my tags and he acted like he could care less. I also took it to them for the 600 mile service and they overfilled it after I ask if they checked it properly and they claimed they new about the 18 min oil check. Be the last time I take it there for service. Seems the only one that cares about anything there is Bo. Everytime I come in he right there to see what I need. Rest of them could not care. All I need to do now is find a shop that can do my work. Not sure were I will go for anything that is warranty related yet.
    Vrod Muffler, De-badged and De-stickered, Holley air cleaners, Gel Seats, Cateye front lights, Raw led rear, Power Commander, M109 Derby Cover, Chrome Driveshaft Cover Homemade license plate mount

  12. #130
    Very Active Member Delmustator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC Area
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by eliminate
    I went to Suzuki of Durham and they offered me about 350 off the price on bike. This was a black bike that had fallen over and been in showroom for at least 3 or 4 months. I told them I could get it from Triangle Cycles in Danville for 11k +TTT they told me to go there and get it then. I called Triangle Cycles and they only had a white in stock but would look for a Red for me. I went to Matison and just finished signing everything on a Red 07 for 12k OTD and Triangle called and found a Red one and was willing to sell it to me for 11,500 +TTT
    good price but I had already made my DownPayment on the one at Matison and it's only about 10 miles from me too. Bo was saleperson and all the others in the showroom seem to act like they could care less what I want. I talked to the manager or least I think he claimed to be at Matison about my tags and he acted like he could care less. I also took it to them for the 600 mile service and they overfilled it after I ask if they checked it properly and they claimed they new about the 18 min oil check. Be the last time I take it there for service. Seems the only one that cares about anything there is Bo. Everytime I come in he right there to see what I need. Rest of them could not care. All I need to do now is find a shop that can do my work. Not sure were I will go for anything that is warranty related yet.
    Bo wants your business. He knows what sales is all about. Too bad he's not the sales manager. I'd bet they would get more business. The others want you to drop a wad of $$$$ and get the F out!

    I'll still take my stuff to Performance Honda (just up the street). They do the work I ask and don't try to rape my wallet. I don't feel like my bike is dirty when I get it back from them either..

    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

  13. #131
    Very Active Member Gramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.
    Posts
    3,719

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Gramps
    10 miles north of Burlington
    pearl white 07
    mods...hmmm bent shifter,slight scrap on the mirror,and left front directional scraped and a little looser then normal
    these were all critically complex mods i made when i had the bike fall on me at work...positives only one broken toe,i was able to get out from underneath and pick it up,no one saw me,and i no longer worry about the first scratch ::)

  14. #132
    Very Active Member jettpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Sorry to hear about your incident, but happens! on your new ride!
    Ms. June 2008 (M109R calendar)'07 LE, Scorpion Tips, K&amp;N Filters, PCIII, JSD-3M, De-Stickered, 250 E3 Dunnie, Polished Aluminum M109R grips, Boulevard Derby Cover, Heated Corbin Seat, Stebel Horn, 10000K HID, 12v adapter, Black Widow Pegs, Cycle House Bungee Buttons, Tom Tom GPS, Ram Mount for GPS

  15. #133
    Very Active Member WOJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by krazydiver
    Handle: krazydiver
    Location: Currituck, NC - Near Nags Head/Kitty Hawk area
    Color: The Fastest:&#160; Bright Silver!&#160; &#160;
    Mods:&#160; Stock:&#160; JDS-3M ordered and waiting impatiently!


    Where in Currituck near Powells Point I'm a new 9 owner and live in the county too, maybe we can hook up for a few rides
    Location Currituck NC
    Handle WOJO
    Color White
    Mods Stock
    Ride it like you stole it

  16. #134
    Very Active Member Delmustator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC Area
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps
    Gramps
    10 miles north of Burlington
    pearl white 07
    mods...hmmm bent shifter,slight scrap on the mirror,and left front directional scraped and a little looser then normal
    these were all critically complex mods i made when i had the bike fall on me at work...positives only one broken toe,i was able to get out from underneath and pick it up,no one saw me,and i no longer worry about the first scratch ::)
    Those pesky little gremlins again...
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

  17. #135
    Very Active Member Gramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.
    Posts
    3,719

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Del's right Fox's is a great place but they only had an Le. I was sort of set on red, my mom rode a red Harley back in the 40's, but the Burlington dealer had a white one that i figured would make me a little more visible, especially at night... and i worked him down to 11k plus TTSUand F. It was a fair price for both of us..we'll see about service. They delivered it to me with out the fuelrail campaign being done. HEY! did you guys know these engines will run at a 90 degree angle well at least till it floods out and stalls...its hard to get to the kill switch when your bike is giving you a big hug on the ground Hope to meet up with y'all real soon..ride safe

  18. #136
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    I am in SC but bought my 9 in NC. I bought mine from Jason at Crossroads Yamaha/Suzuki in Albamarl, NC. AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE...in my opinion. Great guy, trailered my bike to my front door on a SUnday afternoon. He did a lot of follow up with me after I bought it to see how I liked it and make sure everything was ok.

    I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

  19. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Handle: Sheriff

    Location: Concord, NC

    Color: 2007 LE Blue

    Mods: De-beavered, PCIII, GRE Side Inserts, GRE Swingarm cover, Big Air Intake, Cobra Drive Shaft Cover, Roadburner Pro 2 into 1, Xtreme Revolution Flush mount Led turn signals and license plate mount, Kuryakyn Rear Caliper Cover,Xtreme Revolution Front FlushMount LED, Factory Suzuki softbags & Sportech Cruise Series Low Windshield (for the long rides)

  20. #138
    Very Active Member jettpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by lbheintz
    Handle: Sheriff

    Location: Concord, NC

    Color: 2007 LE Blue

    Mods: De-beavered, PCIII, GRE Side Inserts, GRE Swingarm cover, Big Air Intake, Cobra Drive Shaft Cover, Roadburner Pro 2 into 1, Xtreme Revolution Flush mount Led turn signals and license plate mount, Kuryakyn Rear Caliper Cover,Xtreme Revolution Front FlushMount LED, Factory Suzuki softbags & Sportech Cruise Series Low Windshield (for the long rides)
    Sounds like you have been busy on that fine LE! GOt any pics? How are you liking that Roadburner
    Ms. June 2008 (M109R calendar)'07 LE, Scorpion Tips, K&amp;N Filters, PCIII, JSD-3M, De-Stickered, 250 E3 Dunnie, Polished Aluminum M109R grips, Boulevard Derby Cover, Heated Corbin Seat, Stebel Horn, 10000K HID, 12v adapter, Black Widow Pegs, Cycle House Bungee Buttons, Tom Tom GPS, Ram Mount for GPS

  21. #139

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps
    HEY! did you guys know these engines will run at a 90 degree angle well at least till it floods out and stalls...
    Hmmm... I'm pretty sure these bikes have a built in switch that kills the engine as soon as the bike passes a certain angle. I know mine cut off immediately when it dropped last year, and I've heard from others that their bike did the same. You may want to look into that. Glad you weren't hurt too bad.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the Paramedics

  22. #140
    Very Active Member Gramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    small ranch/farm out in the country 10 miles north of Burlington N.C.
    Posts
    3,719

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Well ...maybe i was at 85 degrees being my whole leg was under her...it's not like i want to try and duplicate this and check it out further

  23. #141
    Very Active Member Mr. BuBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grover, NC
    Posts
    635

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Almost dropped mine last weekend. I was coming to a slow stop in a parking lot and was trying to let it glide to a stop, then wow, from out of no where it started tilting over to the side. Caught me and my wife completely off guard. But fortunately, the wife works out! :) We were able to keep it from hitting the ground and a couple of folks we were riding with came over and help us get her back up to vertical. We stopped the downward motion, but were not in a good position to get her back up.

    We were over pretty good, not sure what the percentage was, but it didn't shut off. I had to hit the kill switch.

    Nice to have one of those reality checks every now and then with the beast. It's never a good thing to be too overconfident with any motorcycle.

    Still loving her though, although I had the handle bar, end cap fall off last weekend too. The warranty should cover it!

    Born to Ride!
    <img src=https://www.m109riders.com/forums/image.php?u=22434&type=sigpic&dateline=1220016678 border=0 alt= />
    Riding to Live!

  24. #142

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Handle: NEO
    Area: Fayetteville/nam, NC
    Color M109R: Black

    Current MODS: None

  25. #143
    Very Active Member Delmustator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC Area
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by NEO
    Handle: NEO
    Area: Fayetteville/nam, NC
    Color M109R: Black

    Current MODS: None
    Welcome NEO,,,, Are you the ONE?

    Wake up NEO! The Matrix has you! You really drive a Violet Blue M109R... NOT Black...
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

  26. #144
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,947

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Handle: Blacklightning

    Location: Cary/Apex

    2006 black M109

    Owned for about 2 weeks. Looks very nice parked beside the F150 Lightning. (Guess what, it is also black)

  27. #145
    Very Active Member justbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burlington, NC
    Posts
    1,113

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    I'm in the Apex/Holley Springs area
    2007 M109r - "Go have no fun somewhere else"

  28. #146
    Very Active Member Delmustator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC Area
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning
    Handle: Blacklightning

    Location: Cary/Apex

    2006 black M109

    Owned for about 2 weeks. Looks very nice parked beside the F150 Lightning. (Guess what, it is also black)
    Welcome!!!!
    I know what you mean Black L...

    I'm a little partial to the Harley's over the L's...


    We'll have to hook up before it get's frozen around here.. I'm planning on lowering Gramp's M this weekend if anyone wants to get out, grill some hot dogs or something. The ride to my place alone is a cross-country trek... I'm up in Wake Forest area..

    P.S. If you haven't already visited, being an L owner, the National Lightning Owners Club is at http://www.nloc.net/ ..
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

  29. #147
    Very Active Member jettpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    If my bike is outta the shop by then, i may have to make the long haul over and check ya'll out...
    Ms. June 2008 (M109R calendar)'07 LE, Scorpion Tips, K&amp;N Filters, PCIII, JSD-3M, De-Stickered, 250 E3 Dunnie, Polished Aluminum M109R grips, Boulevard Derby Cover, Heated Corbin Seat, Stebel Horn, 10000K HID, 12v adapter, Black Widow Pegs, Cycle House Bungee Buttons, Tom Tom GPS, Ram Mount for GPS

  30. #148
    Very Active Member justbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burlington, NC
    Posts
    1,113

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Well, then i might have to come on Saturday! I like Hot Dogs! and I need to see Dr. Baffle Buster
    2007 M109r - "Go have no fun somewhere else"

  31. #149
    Very Active Member Delmustator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Raleigh NC Area
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by jettpower
    If my bike is outta the shop by then, i may have to make the long haul over and check ya'll out...
    What did you break?
    -Del
    2006 VB M109R with a few MODs....

  32. #150
    Very Active Member jettpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: Carolina 109s Sign In....

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmustator
    What did you break?
    Let's see... Need 4k service anyway, but remember that nail in my tire? I'm going w/ the Dunnie 250, and gettin that loose rotor taken care of too. I'm glad I got the tire insurance! I guess i'm happy it's been cold, cuz it's been about 10days i think, and I need to RIDE!... HOPEFULLY they will call today, and i can pick it up tomorrow! Got any brew to go w/ them Hot Dogs
    Ms. June 2008 (M109R calendar)'07 LE, Scorpion Tips, K&amp;N Filters, PCIII, JSD-3M, De-Stickered, 250 E3 Dunnie, Polished Aluminum M109R grips, Boulevard Derby Cover, Heated Corbin Seat, Stebel Horn, 10000K HID, 12v adapter, Black Widow Pegs, Cycle House Bungee Buttons, Tom Tom GPS, Ram Mount for GPS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •