nose job test

Thread: nose job test

Default nose job test

hey guys, I was just working with photoshop on a nose job/wind shield.

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

oldfart

Default Re: nose job test

Very interesting. Can we get some pictures with different views.

oldfart

Interesting is the word for it... can't say that I like it, but that's just my opinion.
    02 Roadstar Warrior

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

A little too much. More interested in a clear shield that would flow with the nacelle.
    Have you smoked an H-D today?

Quote Originally Posted by quebecm109r
    hey guys, I was just working with photoshop on a nose job/wind shield.

What do you think?

No No no!!!!! NO WINDSHIELDS SHOULD BE PUT ON THIS BIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by muahman

Try doing 3000 miles in a week and see how you feel about that.

I do a fair number of longer rides. A quick-detach windshield is practically a must for that. I do agree, under normal circumstances, no shield!

Quote Originally Posted by ppridgen1
    yes ,but not one of those chips style windshields they take away from the astetics of the whole bike
    True dat! I saw someone here who adapted one, and while it seemed to fit nice, cop-style shields are a no-go for sure.

Very Active Member

Not for me, takes away from the profile of the bike

-Chad

Quote Originally Posted by muahman

If you want a bike with a windshield buy a Goldwing, Vulcan, or some crapped up Road star with bags, shields and fringe bolted on and dangling off. Geeez, how many sport bikes do you see with a mainsail attached to the front end?? After all, this bike is derived after sport bikes. This bike is an a$$ kicker and NOT a touring bike.
    As for this pic, if you've got to have a shield this would be the way to go but it knocks about half the COOL factor off of the bike!
    www.nopork.com/mybike_detail_view.asp?name=oychoppa<br /><br />www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa<br /><br /><br />SAY WHEN!!!!

traysvega

Quote Originally Posted by Wanted
    Try doing 3000 miles in a week and see how you feel about that.

I do a fair number of longer rides. A quick-detach windshield is practically a must for that. I do agree, under normal circumstances, no shield!Â*
    I agree,,a quick on and off windsheild would be a plus on a long ride...I'd buy one....

Very Active Member

They make a bike for every application, why not get the right tool for the job instead of turning a hammer into a screw driver. If you want to tour (3000) miles in a weak, buy a touring bike, this is a power cruiser with lots of attitude putting a windshield of any type would be a real shame.

I think the bike is what the owner wants it to be (touring, cruiser, etc). If we start having blinders about what the bike should be, we would start sounding like those V-rod haters when talking about anything not Harley!!!! I for one love making things mine and not worrying about copying anything and anybody. In essence do what you want, when you want, and how you want to!!

Quote Originally Posted by EL
    I think the bike is what the owner wants it to be (touring, cruiser, etc). If we start having blinders about what the bike should be, we would start sounding like those V-rod haters when talking about anything not Harley!!!! I for one love making things mine and not worrying about copying anything and anybody. In essence do what you want, when you want, and how you want to!!
    i agree to each is on.... it is what you want it to be

P.S. try extending the chrome with it
    RIDE HARD

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by EL
    I agree. I don't like the windshield myself but will probably get a small quick release one for the occasional trip. That makes more sense to me than buying a $15,000 bike for that occasional trip. But again, to each his own.

gradona

I'd love to comment but I can't see the Picture . For some reason it doesn't show.

Very Active Member

NO!!! It looks like a CONEHEAD!! "I"m Belchazar!!

It looks like alien. Wheres the teeth

yeah it does have that Aliens look. I agree with some of the other guys above. There is no way that a windshield will look good on this bike and if somebody can, i'd like to meet em cuz they're one hell of a designer. If you want a touring bike get a goldwing. ....and while we're at it, what's all this crap about sissy bars? Nothing with the word sissy in it should ever be touching this bad mf bike. The guys with the goldwings and trikes need to sell those and buy a convertible car, because by the time you get that much crap on a bike, that's all it is. Let's see...maybe some GPS, AC, heat, DVD entertainment, reverse gear, automatic transmission

sorry that's my rant for the day...time to go get some caffeine

Very Active Member

It does look a little alien... BUT I still think it is the best yet. Maybe just a little tweaking... flair the top or something...
    Looks much better than others I have seen. I think I would want it to gradually fade from my color to clear as it neared the top...

Quote Originally Posted by BlkM109r
    yeah it does have that Aliens look. I agree with some of the other guys above. There is no way that a windshield will look good on this bike and if somebody can, i'd like to meet em cuz they're one hell of a designer. If you want a touring bike get a goldwing. ....and while we're at it, what's all this crap about sissy bars? Nothing with the word sissy in it should ever be touching this bad mf bike. The guys with the goldwings and trikes need to sell those and buy a convertible car, because by the time you get that much crap on a bike, that's all it is. Let's see...maybe some GPS, AC, heat, DVD entertainment, reverse gear, automatic transmission

sorry that's my rant for the day...time to go get some caffeine

AMEN to that!!!!! If you need that much comfort you should just trade your 9'er in for a Winnebago or a plane ticket to your chosen destination. And 3000 miles on your 9'er would be cool. Kinda like the Ironman competition. If you can do that then "You da man!"

www.nopork.com/mybike_detail_view.asp?name=oychoppa<br /><br />www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa<br /><br /><br />SAY WHEN!!!!

This picture left a disturbing reverb in my head for about a week.Â* I finally recall what it reminded me of:

- Polartek

Very Active Member

WOW Crap!!!
    &quot;humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them and the M109R is one of them&quot;

I promise that I will never tell anyone what should or shouldnt go on their bike...... pleaseeeeeee give me the courtesy of doing the same!! The guy who pays the bill gets to choose.....Man Law!!! LOL
    (IF) America will Bless God
    God (WILL)Bless America

Very Active Member

looks like a miter ( hat the pope wears )
    It's a poor man that can't find his wife a second job!!

Very Active Member

You just have to ask yourself.... Would Chuck Norris need a windshield? Wind gets out of Chuck Norris' way.
    How To: Custom Red Paint<br />

This bike looks good without a windshield, but everyone has there own opinion. I really have not seen a windshield on here that I like yet. But I am sure someone might come up with something...

Very Active Member

Hey

I actully went down to a shop just north of Irvine in SANTA ANA ...http://www.laminarlip.com/cruiser.htm

And we tested the one in the picture (that's actually MY BIKE! ) and also the clear and a couple of LIPs on them

To be honest it didn't cut the wind enough as compared to the look, I too agree the bike to me looks great as is and I love it stock.

If you like the one you see you can call them up and order, but do order the one that's flipped up more since this modification didn't kill the wind enough in my opinion.

Peace
    [glow=red,2,300][size=12pt] <br /><br />&lt;br /&gt;Irvine California!&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;1st/Fastest M109R (Silver) in OC&lt;br /&gt;SWEEEEEEEEEEET&lt;br /&gt;[/size]&lt;br /&gt; [/glow]