M109 Rider Forums banner

Any active drag racers ?

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  traysvega 
G
#1 ·
Lamont and I would look to see what we could do with the M109 at the drags. But reading as much as I could find it looks like the AMA would have to approve the M109 to be in "Hot Rod Cruiser". It sounds like a big deal. And I see where Victory just got there bikes approved. Plus it looks like only a handful of bikes are showing up in that class. And because the M109 is overhead cam it looks like it takes a weight penalty versus the Warrior.

Anyone have any good info or a good source?

G
#5 ·
Drag racer ,,That 'd be.... :D oh boy,,,where do I sign up..... :D

just wished it was as fast as my wagon,,,,,6.05 @112 in the 1/8 ....9.52 @141 in the 1/4.......need more aftermarket stuff... :D :D :D :D :D

G
#8 ·
Hal,,,Where and when...I currently have 5 tracks, 3 nhra and 2 ihra tracks and none run this class....more info needed.... :D but if its close enough.....I'm in...... :D . p.s all 5 of my local tracks ,,,barely have enough bikes to run period....actaully Edgewater Sports Park is currently running bikes with cars :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . every other week in super pro...

G
#9 ·
traysvega said:
Hal,,,Where and when...I currently have 5 tracks, 3 nhra and 2 ihra tracks and none run this class....more info needed.... :D but if its close enough.....I'm in...... :D . p.s all 5 of my local tracks ,,,barely have enough bikes to run period....actaully Edgewater Sports Park is currently running bikes with cars :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . every other week in super pro...
We need to work on something. Lamont and I are pretty jammed until we get back from Sturgis in August. We need to do it with enough notice that we can get a bunch of folks to show up.

I have no problem letting the company pay for it if its in the $1,000 range.

G
#11 ·
Techmaven said:
Forget all that rules babble for bracket classes...Just go to your local track on a street night when they have heads up grudge racing. Nothing is more fun than that.

Anyone in the NY/NJ area that wants to hook up one day to do just this, let me know.
I want to see which level we can do this on. Sure it will be fun to do some bracket stuff but if we think we have a shot at being competitive on the top level and we can do it on a budget then we might be convinced to give it a shot.

After all you gotta have somebody to try and knock off the throne to make it fun:

9.161 ET 145.30MPH

#12 ·
Hey my buddy and i run a full tube chassis car in top sportsmen/quick sixteen class.went to test and tune night the other night to upgrade my license and used my 109 to tow the car back.more people were checking out the bike than the car even the tech guys did more looking at the bike than the car.the cars no pooch either put down a nice 7.14 run.

#13 ·
I blew away my buddies 111 inch Iron head S&S chopper he just paid 27 grand for! He said befor we raced it had 140 rear wheel HP :eek:. He had his broke in way befor me.......... kept strutting his stuff. Mean while I custome build a 2 into one & threw Cobra FI-2000R in it. I waited till I had 2000 miles on it :read:. Then I smiles at the lights & grinned :D. We hit second gear & full throttled them & I pulled away a half a bike lenth every time he shifted :)! Man that was fun! We were doing well over 100 in a 40 mile an hour zone :eek: shit happens when ya had enough of being Bullied around! I road home with a huge smile & he would'nt even talk 2 me :joke: Now I have even more respect for my bike! :bigthumbsup: & by the way........... the road was clear & I backed off first as he flew by me :D I loved every second of his humiliation! ;)

#14 ·
Quiksilver said:
    I blew away my buddies 111 inch Iron head S&S chopper he just paid 27 grand for! He said befor we raced it had 140 rear wheel HP :eek:. He had his broke in way befor me.......... kept strutting his stuff. Mean while I custome build a 2 into one & threw Cobra FI-2000R in it. I waited till I had 2000 miles on it :read:. Then I smiles at the lights & grinned :D. We hit second gear & full throttled them & I pulled away a half a bike lenth every time he shifted :)! Man that was fun! We were doing well over 100 in a 40 mile an hour zone :eek: sheet happens when ya had enough of being Bullied around! I road home with a huge smile & he would'nt even talk 2 me :joke: Now I have even more respect for my bike! :bigthumbsup: & by the way........... the road was clear & I backed off first as he flew by me :D I loved every second of his humiliation! ;)
I recently sold an ironhorse with a 111 s&s and rigid 280 rear end. I can tell you from racing from light to light with vtx and sport bike guys. I could always take them up to 80- 85 mph. After that they could pass me. If you run with someone who really learns how to launch a bike like that he will take you out of the hole. The HP and torque is better on the s&s and most of the bikes are going to be 100lbs lighter. They just don't have the handling or top end that the 109 and vtx does.

G
#15 ·
Hal..read over the rules and ,,gotta tell ya ..,,,,its gonna take some serious cash to be competitive...After all the warrior shown is making in excess of 240 h.p at the rear wheel(given a 950 bike and rider weight)(700 pound bike min.?) :eek:  on just race gas.......no nitrous,,no ram air ,,all motor heads up.....I'd like it better if it was a say quick 8 or 16 qualify ,,then e.t dial....least you'd have a chance to make the show...and still take the win with a slower e.t...Serious cash needed ..... :eek: not to mention,,,never ever ride it on the street again... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.