Cycle House Licence Plate Bracket Install - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cycle House Licence Plate Bracket Install

Very Active Member Canucklehead's Avatar

Default Re: Cycle House Licence Plate Bracket Install

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum
    Anyone have a link to the pics on this "how to"? A pic is worth 1000 words to me. LOL
    Look 2 posts up and you'll find your answer!!

Am I the in this thread?

For what's it's worth I am the same way, prefer pics but I couldn't wait anymore and did it yestersay and it turned out AWESOME!! It is easy, just take your time and remember where everything goes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Fixed pictures

Many thanks for fixing. I'm doing mine tonight :) FINALLY!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I am wondering what kuryakyn lights you installed on the bracket as shown in your picture of the writeup? Have you had any problems with the bracket breaking where the lights mount?

God bless
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Revrent
    I am wondering what kuryakyn lights you installed on the bracket as shown in your picture of the writeup? Have you had any problems with the bracket breaking where the lights mount?

God bless
    John
    I replied to your email but as I said the new plated are much thicker.

Very Active Member BlackHillsRider's Avatar

Default a few questions

I am planning on doing this mod. My question is can someone post some pics of the plate bracket alone? Not on the bike. I ask because i plan to do it a little different. I wonder if http://www.directlineparts.com/produ...0&ID=439847363 will bolt right on or if i will need to modify it... also im thinking of using the Raw Designs Strutto turn signals or maybe the stealth one. I will need to remove the tabs on the bracket for mounting turn signals. Now that this has been beefed up i imagine it will be a bit of a challenge. Shouldn't be too bad. Anyway, I want some pics of just the bracket so i can do a little pre-purchase planning. Thanks for the post and any advice/pics.
    Last edited by BlackHillsRider; 09-20-2008 at 05:05 AM.

Street Lite Pipes, ISO Flame Grips, Suzuki Leather Bags, E3 Tires. Many mods pending.

Very Active Member BlackHillsRider's Avatar

Default Nevermind

I am just going to make/paint the damn plate bracket myself. Should be ez.

Street Lite Pipes, ISO Flame Grips, Suzuki Leather Bags, E3 Tires. Many mods pending.

Mine installed, with LED license plate frame:

2008 M109R Custom Geiger-inspired graphics: Debeaver/debaffle/throttle lock/ISO pegs & grips/2-inch risers/tach/fat forks/Barnett +3 cables/'Zook guards/re-route clutch/speed bleeders/Arnott Air Ride/PM Heathen Wheels/280 rear/120 front/PM rotors/Galfer pads/Galfer brake lines/PM contrast cut brake calipers/down under rear brake bracket/LED low profile turn signals front and rear/scorpion exhaust tips/side mount plate/blue boa constrictor leather saddle/custom paint by Charles Armstrong

Default Bolts still too short??

The Mounting bolts are still too short??
    What is up with this?? You have too stop what you are doing and find or drive 10 miles to a hardware store to get the right hardware!!
    Crap like this is just amazing to me. Bracket is nice, bolts are fine, JUST TOO SHORT!
    How do you screw something like this up forever??
    Can't get there with this equipment, right?
    We used to put these kinda folks on point with a clicker.

Default Grea Instructions

Heh ive been doing a night duty and have got some great ideas from this thread and others- some not so cheap

But i reckon i could tackle this numberplate mod thanks to your instructions

Will be ordering that bracket soon - or is their an aussie out there that has one to sell

Cheers from down under

Brian

This is crap, i ordered the bracket and DLP without any notification placed the item on backorder and refunded me the money.
    Where the hell am I getting this bracket? Why the hell would they refund my money? What happens if the part comes in and by the time I go purchase it, it goes on backorder again?
    "we will email you when the part comes in" and I said "just like you emailed me about the part being on backorder and getting my money refunded?"

Proud Member of the NYC Phatboyz

Default Integrated tail light

I'm about to attack the mud flap / rear finder removal & was wondering if anyone has done away with the blinkers & used the Integrated Tail Light?

Thanks
    Red

I did it today and it worked out perfect. On the money man thanks. The only thing. I used 1 3/4" replacement screws with a lock nut and nut, should've used the 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 " but like i said THANK YOU THANK YOU YOUR THE MAN

gwheeler68

In the process of this mod right now, looking good so far. Have to wait until in the morning to get longer bolts for the plate bracket and then I can finish it up. Will post before/after pics

Cost of this mod will be less than $30 all said and done. Including the two bolts and a bigger drill bit. Using the below steel bracket and custom drilling the holes for it. Lamonster's instructions were great. Put them up on the computer so I could review them when needed. Worked like a charm. Used a hack saw blade as well to cut off the plastic.

http://www.mrcycles.com/eshopprod_ca...ct_1096613.htm

gwheeler68

Mod has been done. Very pleased with the outcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	De-Beaver Before.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	35334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	De-Beaver After.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	35335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	De-Beaver After4 with luggage rack.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	35337  
    Last edited by gwheeler68; 07-23-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Adding pictures

Default what if...?

What if I don't want to install that plate kit, but want to keep my stock turn signals...for now anyway?
    Paul

Very Active Member

you could still use the plate kit and just bend the plate mount portion up and out of the way or mount a reflector in it's place. I just installed the Targa plate kit this weekend and love the look of the plate in the back. To me it keeps the bike symentrical.

understand the box before you try to think outside of it.

I kept my stock turn signals. May change them out down the road but no rush. Too many other mods to do first.

Quote Originally Posted by g9r View Post
    I kept my stock turn signals. May change them out down the road but no rush. Too many other mods to do first.
    Worked a treat thanks.

Where is the best place to buy small round turn signals like the ones in the instruction photos?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0460.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	37631  
    Velocity Pro, Ducks, Cobra powerpro, Scythe 11, ISO grips, De-beavered, Debadged, TRE, Smoked indicators, black wheels.

Debeavering this weekend and will use this thread as a reference. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Print version https://www.m109riders.com/howto/cycplate/

http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6076&str=290

This is a pretty easy deal but I'll post this anyway as it may help some of you.

First thing you need to do is pop off the seat. If you need a picture for this then take this bracket to your dealer for the install.

Then you want to pop off your passenger seat or cover, what ever you have on there now.

Now you want to go ahead and pull off the tail section. The first time I did this I pulled off the side covers but you really don't need to. Just pop the corner of each side cover so you can get into the bolt behind the side cover. This will save you a lot of time. There are two Philip head bolts that you have to access from under the fender, don't forget those.

Now that you have all the bolts out just slide the tail section toward the back of the bike and unplug the tail light and set off to the side.

Now unplug the turn signals and plate light and push the wires back down the holes and out of the way.

Now that the wires are out of the way you can cut that big hunk of plastic off. The first time I used a die grinder but this time I used a hacksaw blade just to see if it would work and it worked pretty darn good.

Just cut it flush with the bottom of the plastic plate.

Remove the two stock bolts and replace with new longer bolts from kit. Tighten bolts and put spacer nuts on the back side of bolts.

Install lights to plate bracket and run wires through stock holes.
    There are a bunch of different lights that will work on this bracket and you could reinstall the stock lights if you wanted to. Some plate frames have lights built into them too so the lights are up to you. If you use lights other than stock you will need to splice the connectors to your new lights.

Now all you need to do is put it all back together the same way it came apart. You no longer look like a stock bike,

Great Post!

Default Did this mod today

I installed the Cycle House kit today with no problems. My only problem was mixing up some of the stock bolts that I took off the bike. Very straight forward. I installed the "two" bolts that hold the new license plate bracket from underneath so I didn't need to run them from the top and put nuts on the bottom like others did. Didn't feel like going to store or searching for nuts. Love the new look without the beaver. Thanks to whoever it was that said to not forget the 2 philips screws under the fender, I'd of been there for much longer if I didn't know about those.

Very Active Member

CAN I GET YOUR OLD LICENCE PLATE MOUNT WITH LICENCE PLATE LIGHTING BOX AS I BROKE MINE THANKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Print version https://www.m109riders.com/howto/cycplate/

http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6076&str=290

This is a pretty easy deal but I'll post this anyway as it may help some of you.

First thing you need to do is pop off the seat. If you need a picture for this then take this bracket to your dealer for the install.

Then you want to pop off your passenger seat or cover, what ever you have on there now.

Now you want to go ahead and pull off the tail section. The first time I did this I pulled off the side covers but you really don't need to. Just pop the corner of each side cover so you can get into the bolt behind the side cover. This will save you a lot of time. There are two Philip head bolts that you have to access from under the fender, don't forget those.

Now that you have all the bolts out just slide the tail section toward the back of the bike and unplug the tail light and set off to the side.

Now unplug the turn signals and plate light and push the wires back down the holes and out of the way.

Now that the wires are out of the way you can cut that big hunk of plastic off. The first time I used a die grinder but this time I used a hacksaw blade just to see if it would work and it worked pretty darn good.

Just cut it flush with the bottom of the plastic plate.

Remove the two stock bolts and replace with new longer bolts from kit. Tighten bolts and put spacer nuts on the back side of bolts.

Install lights to plate bracket and run wires through stock holes.
    There are a bunch of different lights that will work on this bracket and you could reinstall the stock lights if you wanted to. Some plate frames have lights built into them too so the lights are up to you. If you use lights other than stock you will need to splice the connectors to your new lights.

Now all you need to do is put it all back together the same way it came apart. You no longer look like a stock bike,

Quote Originally Posted by bocare View Post
    CAN I GET YOUR OLD LICENCE PLATE MOUNT WITH LICENCE PLATE LIGHTING BOX AS I BROKE MINE THANKS
    Post a WTB: add in the 4 sale section.

Lamont doesn't have his M109 anymore.

Default Very Helpful

I did not use a Cyclehouse bracket, however this thread was very helpful!! Many thanks!!

Josh

Default cycle house license plate bracket install

Thanks bro for the useful information on installing the bracket. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but not the dullest either. your explanation was excellent. Thanks again. Bob
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager I call him Spock

Where do people get the license plate backing these days? The links are all broken. Please tell me it isn't this $80 8-ounce piece of aluminum sheeting, http://www.meancycles.com/store/part...?partID=212970.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

That's pretty much it.

When I did mine I bought some aluminum stock at HomeDepot and cut it to size, bent it in vice and cut the corners where it mounts up to under fender

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

This was the first I did without back plate. Was 1" aluminum 90 degree and squashed in vice to give it more of an angel. Then put an LED strip you can see on the top

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170329_190419 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	380202

Later I did a back plate with a 1/2" extra on the bottom that was reflective.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171230_161256.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	380204

Then I went with side mount from meancycles, then I went with bags and had to put it under tail again and modified the side mount. OCD can sometimes keep you doing things over and over

you can see my side plate in my sig pic

AliExpress for 1,000 cheap options which take about 60 days to arrive...

https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/M...-license-plate